3BB rooter - Can I replace it?

ryanhull

Thats about the same as the one we are using for TOT ... If you ask in a computer shop for a high power/long range router or AP then you can get more coverage and still use the same SSID/password without entering the router,

Most of the PPOE use the phonenumber as username or password but they do set it up locally so you need to talk to the local tech .... If you really want speed you will need a router or AP that can use both 2.4 and the 5 GHz bands.

Thats about the same as the one we are using for TOT ... If you ask in a computer shop for a high power/long range router or AP then you can get more coverage and still use the same SSID/password without entering the router,

Most of the PPOE use the phonenumber as username or password but they do set it up locally so you need to talk to the local tech .... If you really want speed you will need a router or AP that can use both 2.4 and the 5 GHz bands.

Cheers, I figured if I got this one I could put my own antenna onit as I have a large wifi antenna (12 Dbi) I really want to get one off ebay.co.uk as I am in the UK next week and wanted to bag one then, I will have another search on the site later, Thanks

Hi,

I tried to login to my rooter and the username/pass admin admin did not work..

I guess I will just buy a new rooter and go to 3BB office playing dumb?

It is no coax, as far as I know we are not living the stone ages now lol,

Cheers for the info

Modem Username: admin

Password: 3bb

Which is not the same as your ADSL username and password which you will need from 3bb.

If you really want speed you will need a router or AP that can use both 2.4 and the 5 GHz bands.

Not really. No normal client is going to be able to use both bands simultaneously, which theoretically would give an increase in throughput.

The (marginal) benefit of the 5 GHz band is that it's less congested than the 2.4 GHz band should you find yourself competing with neighbours for bandwidth.

The big increase in throughput will come from selecting a IEEE 802.11ac spec router, rather than the more common 802.11n spec. Of course, that presumes the client(s) support 802.11ac.

This looks like the modem you get on the lowest paid plan, which from what I understand, does not give unlimited use....

A friend has one, and when he's used his "time" a message pops up saying to go pay more!

x1411038558-sssss-o.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3y5

I have the 900 baht +- plan ... the modem has an antenna and four cable out puts.... My wifi is good fifty or sixty feet away from the house... I'm also using it for IPTV with very little problem. thumbsup.gif

From what I understand, 3 BB will not let you upgrade, to the next level, if you have a one year contract (within that year) .... You will have to sign a new contact to get the next grade of modem...

You could sell the existing modem to someone else to take over.... (probably a small reconnect fee) or wait until the current contract is up.... then upgrade to the next plan....and return the modem...

I think buying a third party modem, would be a waste of money.....wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Cheers, I figured if I got this one I could put my own antenna onit as I have a large wifi antenna (12 Dbi) I really want to get one off ebay.co.uk as I am in the UK next week and wanted to bag one then, I will have another search on the site later, Thanks

You really need to check up on that first. I brought over a Netgear router and just could not get it to connect to the ISP.

It appeared to continually default back to Europe.

Anyone use an Asus DSL-N55U also as a modem with 3bb?

I am thinking to buy one, but i want to be sure, is possible for me to use stand alone without the need to also use the 3bb modem

It is not a problem. I am with 3BB and have never had one of their modems or routers, have just used my own. All the settings you require are on the sheet you got with your login details.

I do not know about Asus, but I would suggest that you check the warranty. I have lost 3 in storms, not the power, it was the adsl port that was taken out. I have TP-Link and had no problem getting them replaced.

You do not want that model as you would also need the 3BB modem.

To stand alone you need a modem router and with TP-Link the code would be TD-W, the one I use is a TD-W8961ND.

I have fitted a 9db antenna and have a repeater,TL-WA801ND, in my sister in laws house about 50 metres away.

TP-Link products are readily available in Thailand and if I remember right the modem routers are about 1400 Baht.

To stand alone you need a modem router and with TP-Link the code would be TD-W, the one I use is a TD-W8961ND.

I have fitted a 9db antenna and have a repeater,TL-WA801ND, in my sister in laws house about 50 metres away.

TP-Link products are readily available in Thailand and if I remember right the modem routers are about 1400 Baht.

That model, TD-W8961ND at Invadeit is 1,190 B - Invadeit.com

This looks like the modem you get on the lowest paid plan, which from what I understand, does not give unlimited use....

A friend has one, and when he's used his "time" a message pops up saying to go pay more!

Definitely unlimited mate, well I hope so I have just downloaded 40gb of films!

Going to bag that, legend

That is a good price. As it happens I was looking for an audio cable this morning and the cables happened to be in the bag from the router shop, Advice Distributions in Chonbui. The old receipt was still in the bottom and I paid 1700 baht in May 2013.

Anyone use an Asus DSL-N55U also as a modem with 3bb?

I am thinking to buy one, but i want to be sure, is possible for me to use stand alone without the need to also use the 3bb modem

I haven't used one myself and it does get good reviews but yes, it will work on 3BB as you require.