Non O retirement 1 year extension

I have a Non O immigrant visa based on retirement. My funds will have been in my account for 60 days in a few days time. I will apply for the 1 year extension. I have the TM7 filled in already. Do i need to take any other documents with me when applying for the extension other than this? Updated bank book? Letter from bank? Thanks in advance for clarification.

A letter from the bank to confirm your balance of 800k baht and copies of your updated bank book to prove the money has been in the bank for 60 days will be needed.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

You may also may need proof of residence.

A letter from the bank to confirm your balance of 800k baht and copies of your updated bank book to prove the money has been in the bank for 60 days will be needed.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

You may also may need proof of residence.

Does one still need the bank letter to confirm the balance of 800k even for extension (not first time application)? I thought the bank book with updated entries already sufficed?

Where is this new retirement extension regulation that requires a map to your address or additional back up beyond the embassy letter for pension income? I'm not asking about Phuket or Udon as they need a forum all of their own but for the majority of immigration offices. Is there really a new regulation or is it just expat skuttlebutt or another April fool's joke?

Where is this new retirement extension regulation that requires a map to your address or additional back up beyond the embassy letter for pension income? I'm not asking about Phuket or Udon as they need a forum all of their own but for the majority of immigration offices. Is there really a new regulation or is it just expat skuttlebutt or another April fool's joke?

Not a written regulation, but some offices add their own requirements.

If they ask for proof of residence, would an electric bill be sufficient? Our landlord only writes a monthly rent payment receit, but we don't have rental agreement.

And is it allowed to update the bank book and apply for the bank letter one or two days before going to Immigration, or does it have to be from the same date?

Edited by thuisinthailand

Normally a few days early is allowed, although some immigration offices are every picky and want it even same day.

They will want to see an updated passbook per day of applying for extension.

Proof of address depends on the office, some will allow a utility bill but many want to see a rental contract with signed copy of landlord ID-card (and household registration).

Applying early is always advised. Some offices you can even apply 45 days early. The extension starts when the current permission to stay ends, so you do indeed not lose any days.

Thanks guys. It's a bit of a puzzle doing this for the first time but I think we'll manage. Maybe drive to Immigration first and ask them what documentation they exactly need. We're on Samui, so there may be some specifics here, it's an island after all.. :)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks guys. It's a bit of a puzzle doing this for the first time but I think we'll manage. Maybe drive to Immigration first and ask them what documentation they exactly need. We're on Samui, so there may be some specifics here, it's an island after all.. smile.png

When you apply for the extension make sure that the fee (1900 Baht) is enclosed in an envelope and marked "Extension Fee 1900 Bht". Attache the envelope to the front of your other documentation. smile.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks guys. It's a bit of a puzzle doing this for the first time but I think we'll manage. Maybe drive to Immigration first and ask them what documentation they exactly need. We're on Samui, so there may be some specifics here, it's an island after all.. smile.png

When you apply for the extension make sure that the fee (1900 Baht) is enclosed in an envelope and marked "Extension Fee 1900 Bht". Attache the envelope to the front of your other documentation. smile.png

Boy that's a new one. Never heard of that before. Although I've only done 15 extensions. Did you make that up by yourself?

What about Chaeng Wattana, do they have any extra requirements ? I will be doing my first "retirement" extension there next month. I have the financials sorted, if they want proof of address what is ok ? I don't have a lease.

What about Chaeng Wattana, do they have any extra requirements ? I will be doing my first "retirement" extension there next month. I have the financials sorted, if they want proof of address what is ok ? I don't have a lease.

I did mine at Chaeng Wattana a few weeks ago. They don't have any extra or strange requirements. It was very smooth. I showed a copy of my rental contract. Otherwise copies of your bills from rent/electricity/water will work. You don't need any map or anything like that.

I did mine at Chaeng Wattana a few weeks ago. They don't have any extra or strange requirements. It was very smooth. I showed a copy of my rental contract. Otherwise copies of your bills from rent/electricity/water will work. You don't need any map or anything like that.

So they did want extra, as proof of address is not an official requirement, according to the immigration webpage that I read ? I don't have a lease, and my condo utility bills are just addressed to "the occupant". I do have receipts for payment though. Or what about a stat. Declaration from the embassy as I used for my driver s license ?

I would not say that telling them your address is "extras". You have to go there and tell them your address every 90 days when you have your extension.

Don't have to go, can report by mail.

I would not say that telling them your address is "extras". You have to go there and tell them your address every 90 days when you have your extension.

Don't have to go, can report by mail.

Don't have to report by mail....internet ;)

I am spoiled in Phitsanulok. Went with my wife the first time and they just said "Your wife guarantees you" and so I only give them my proof of income letter and copies of passport. Very relaxing.

I do the same without wife in Bangkok. If they ask I can show where I live