Blues legend B.B. King rushed to hospital in Las Vegas

webfact

King of Blues B.B. King rushed to hospital with diabetes-related emergency

LAS VEGAS: -- AMERICAN blues musician B.B. King has been rushed to hospital in Las Vegas due to a diabetes-related emergency.

The blues guitarist has cancelled the remaining eight performances of his current tour after being diagnosed with dehydration and exhaustion.

King’s official website says he fell ill Friday evening during a performance at the House of Blues in Chicago and was evaluated by a doctor.

The end of his tour was to include stops next week at his own B.B. King Blues Club and Grill in New York.

His representative told TMZ he was still in a “medical care facility near his home” as of Monday.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/king-of-blues-bb-king-rushed-to-hospital-with-diabetes-related-emergency/story-e6frfn09-1227293789838

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2015-04-07

^^^ BIG BIG BIG thanks for that seastallion. Have been on a music hiatus for a while, so this was what I needed. - an injection. Saw the great man live 30 years ago. His music means a lot to me. I hope he recovers and brings more pleasure to the ones lucky enough to see him.

• Like 1

All the good ones are knocking on the gate. An era is coming to an end.

Pretty soon..it's just Lady gaga and Beyonce.

Nothing wrong with Beyonce....actually I can handle a bit of Gaga too.....yet I take your point.

But there's plenty of talent out there if you sift out the pop of the masses.

• Like 1

There are plenty of great younger blues musicians out there. Joe Bonamassa is the most obvious example.

• Like 1

Go to the French Quarter in New Orleans and walk up and down the streets. Try Bourbon Street. This is where the talent goes for this type of music. Walk the sidewalks and the doors are open and you can hear what you like. Many greats got their start here.

The food is fantastic (Cajun, Southern, French) the kegs are running and it's party city. (Although safe and sane.)

Cheers

Great entertainer.

Saw him on a bill with Ray Charles once..they played the last set together...B.B. Sitting on Ray's piano...fantastic show.

Hope he recovers very soon.

Thanks for everything Riley!

post-147745-0-83098100-1428448187_thumb.

Go to the French Quarter in New Orleans and walk up and down the streets. Try Bourbon Street. This is where the talent goes for this type of music. Walk the sidewalks and the doors are open and you can hear what you like. Many greats got their start here.

The food is fantastic (Cajun, Southern, French) the kegs are running and it's party city. (Although safe and sane.)

Cheers

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-cities-in-america-2013-6?op=1&IR=T

New Orleans is the 5th most dangerous city in America. Famous for Dixieland Jazz around 1910. Chicago has been home to the blues for years and years and of course Memphis.

King's been reigning since the late 1940s and now he's in his late 80s and one of the richest men around. Less reason to have the blues when you can afford a life of luxury on the back of brainwashed fans who live in relative poverty. Nice.

You probably don't know much about American music but most blues songs are about women. BB King's most popular song, "The Thrill Is Gone" is a good example. One does not have to be poor to have bad relationships with a significant other.

Although I think BB treats his employees well. Check out the picture of his chauffeur driving the car. He looks happy.

post-232807-0-36830700-1428462522_thumb.

• Like 1

They say you can't really play blues guitar unless you've been hurt by a woman. Obviously untrue otherwise I would be terrific by now!

Saw the great man in concert in Blackpool in 1993 when my son and his mate were 12. I can still see their heads looking up at him from the edge of the stage.

B B King stopped and took the time to give the boys guitar picks!

One of the all time greats. Remember him playing with U2 on "When Love Comes to Town"? That vibrato style is unmissable. Hope he recovers soon

• Like 1

King's been reigning since the late 1940s and now he's in his late 80s and one of the richest men around. Less reason to have the blues when you can afford a life of luxury on the back of brainwashed fans who live in relative poverty. Nice.

You probably don't know much about American music but most blues songs are about women. BB King's most popular song, "The Thrill Is Gone" is a good example. One does not have to be poor to have bad relationships with a significant other.

Although I think BB treats his employees well. Check out the picture of his chauffeur driving the car. He looks happy.

I knew slow hand would be good for something.........

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It would appear from the tenor of your post that you're not a fan of BB and Lucile. Yes, the man has been tearing it up since the 40's, and his music has captivated millions during that period, most of whom do NOT live in relative poverty. Just because you are possessed of a complete lack of taste for the blues has zero relevance to the degree of his talent. I would suggest that any individual who provides you with entertainment in any area that interests you, but possibly not the majority of the rest of the planet, is probably also financially comfortable due to his/her talent. Does that make YOU brainwashed? A little respect for the man and the years he spent perfecting his art, as well as his accomplishments, would be nice.

Last of the three Kings of the Blues

Freddie King left far too early @ 42

Albert King made it till 69

BB King still rocking approaching 90 & I hope continues a bit longer.

This man said more all his life with less

His notes were sweeter than most bluesmen but still cried beautifully

All the greats who came up looked up to him & cited him as a great teacher

Get well Soon BB