Thai Meteorological Dept warns of tropical rainstorms

webfact

Danger from tropical storms warned

2015-04-07_TopChart_01-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Meteorological Department today warned of tropical rainstorms in several parts of the country and hail storms in some areas this week.

The warning came as high pressure system from Mainland China has moved in to Southern China and upper region of Vietnam and is expected to blanket the upper region of Thailand and South China Sea during April 7-10.

Meanwhile low pressure system is also covering the upper region of Thailand, resulting in hot temperatures in the North, Northeast, East, and the Central Region.

The combination of hot weather and cold spell from China will result in tropical storms and torrential rains in the North, Northeast, East and Central Region during April 7-10, and hailstorms in some areas.

It advised people in the affected areas to keep off tall trees, tall and unstable billboards and structures for safety as torrential rainstorms are expected.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/danger-from-tropical-storms-warned

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-07

I don't understand why we need to know the barometric pressure in India, Indonesia, Borneo, and China.

Why can't we get better resolution for just Thailand. This barometric reading is so 30 years old.... my digital thermometer at home gives me more useful information.

And it's telling me no rain in Bangkok in the forecast.

breaking news... 430 am - clouds outside, chance of rain...there is a chance. However as Murphy would have it, I suspect it will only rain at 8am (20% chance) and 6pm (80% chance) during rush hour....if it does rain at all.

P$ssin it down here in Suphanburi from 5am this morning and still falling from the heavens ,, I guess now the builders building the wall around our house have a good excuse to stop early for Songkran,, dammit,, been more than a month at it already

"It advised people in the affected areas to keep off tall trees, tall and unstable billboards and structures for safety as torrential rainstorms are expected." Duly noted! I'll go and put the ladder away when I finish typing this.

P$ssin it down here in Suphanburi from 5am this morning and still falling from the heavens ,, I guess now the builders building the wall around our house have a good excuse to stop early for Songkran,, dammit,, been more than a month at it already

That's nice to know. Just north of Kanchanaburi myself and it's been raining for about 30 minutes. Another couple of hours will be very good :-)

I don't understand why we need to know the barometric pressure in India, Indonesia, Borneo, and China.

Why can't we get better resolution for just Thailand. This barometric reading is so 30 years old.... my digital thermometer at home gives me more useful information.

And it's telling me no rain in Bangkok in the forecast.

I woke up to a raging storm which went on for another hours after I got up. That's in Thonglor.

You might want to get a new therometer.

Bangkok is big - I see from the 26 th floor of a hotel how it rains over there, but here is calm and dry. An hour ago a dark cloud passed us quickly, a fast wind moved him over and the sky is calm again. In Phuket there was no rain for months......