PM says there is no point to sack the Thai police chief

webfact

So; if he has brains, why doesn't he engage them before opening his mouth ?

Can't do that . It would reduce their resale value. As it is they are in pristine as new condition........an unwanted and unused gift as they say.

Tell them Prime Minister, I never doubted your brains.

Your mouth is what I doubt sometimes.........but nobody is perfect in this world.

Brains? HE HAS more than one?

He should keep winking... if he has 2 eyes also.

I believe there is another one eyed- gongle that could sack the chief of police also. Unfortunately, they are all as intelligent in being the same as the difference between a one-legged duck.

Well, suppose unlike woman,

most men do have two brains giggle.gif

Only four replies so maybe too early to ask, but till now I have not seen any reasoning why the National Police Chief should be sacked.

Aren't you one of the members who advocates those in charge should be held accountable for their actions, whether or not they were aware of what was happening? (Rhetorical question, btw.)

So why shouldn't this guy be held accountable for the rampant corruption that has happened/is happening under his watch?

One of the problems with sacking all of the police force would be the need to use Army personel instead. Of course if you think that's no problem rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Of course he wouldn't sack him. The police chief is corrupt, but the Generals type of corrupt.

If people can't see how one sided this clean up is and that the dear leaders excuse of fixing corruption is a total croc of <deleted>!

The armies kind of corrupt is taking 5-10 %. Which is in line with Europe and America (just there it is called different, consulting fee, donation, etc etc)

The Shinawatras (and some other politicians) type of corrupt is take 50% of just everything.

If I have only these choices I take the Generals type of corruption.

Funny after taking the 50% Shinawatras corruption out the infrastructure scheme, costs have gone up......

Pray tell us more as you seem to have material to compare 'both' schemes ?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Only four replies so maybe too early to ask, but till now I have not seen any reasoning why the National Police Chief should be sacked.

Have you seen his house and car collection?

Why do mention that? Is it a reason to sack him?

Of course he wouldn't sack him. The police chief is corrupt, but the Generals type of corrupt.

If people can't see how one sided this clean up is and that the dear leaders excuse of fixing corruption is a total croc of <deleted>!

The armies kind of corrupt is taking 5-10 %. Which is in line with Europe and America (just there it is called different, consulting fee, donation, etc etc)

The Shinawatras (and some other politicians) type of corrupt is take 50% of just everything.

Funny after taking the 50% Shinawatras corruption out the infrastructure scheme, costs have gone up......

According to news reports in July last year the Junta had a infrastructure development budget of 75 billion baht approved, in comparison to that of 63 billion baht approved in 2013 by the then Government. The Junta one was also excluding the HSR.

Being a serial news site voyeur when desperately trying to back up your increasingly fanciful musings, i am sure you are well aware the plans were very similar as widely reported at the time.

Given H90's claim that TS took 50% of everything, then we can deduct that the real cost of the infrastructure scheme should of been about 31.5 billion baht, which means for some unknown reason the Junta are deciding to pay 2.5 times the price for a similar scheme, excluding the HSR and also without the TS tax. Makes you wonder doesn't it..............

As this Govt came into power they promised reform and never before seen transparency in their dealings, so at least the detailed information about what was in their approved budget plan must be close at hand for someone like you..............or not? (Unsurprisingly)

• Like 2

The police needs to be changed at every level both in terms of organization and operations. The people needs to be cleaned out as well. In a transit period, some of them must be kept, but I can't see many in the current police force capable of doing a GOOD and HONEST job for a normal salary.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"He said there was no need for him to follow every forecast of an astrologer because he has his own brains."

It appears they are on a shelf in a jar of formaldehyde somewhere......

Anyone that follows ANY forecast of an astrologer is an idiot.

Then Costas doesn't doubt this man's intelligence. It's the rest of the planet that seems to. What did the Guardian call him last week? Oh that's right: a twerp.

Well if Snig27 doesn't like him I can think of no better reason to keep him.wai.gif

Can't say as I can recall himnliking any thing that is the best for Thailand. whistling.gif

Edited by northernjohn
  • Like 2

According to news reports in July last year the Junta had a infrastructure development budget of 75 billion baht approved, in comparison to that of 63 billion baht approved in 2013 by the then Government. The Junta one was also excluding the HSR.

Being a serial news site voyeur when desperately trying to back up your increasingly fanciful musings, i am sure you are well aware the plans were very similar as widely reported at the time.

Given H90's claim that TS took 50% of everything, then we can deduct that the real cost of the infrastructure scheme should of been about 31.5 billion baht, which means for some unknown reason the Junta are deciding to pay 2.5 times the price for a similar scheme, excluding the HSR and also without the TS tax. Makes you wonder doesn't it..............

As this Govt came into power they promised reform and never before seen transparency in their dealings, so at least the detailed information about what was in their approved budget plan must be close at hand for someone like you..............or not? (Unsurprisingly)

Could be under the Shinawatra plan you might not want to cross a bridge do to faulty construction. Where as the army plans to build them to stay standing.

• Like 2

The police chief is corrupt

Any specific examples you want to share or are you just throwing out wild statements like a common TROLL? Being a troll is no way to go through life.

• Like 1

Have you? Any photos you'd like to share?

The police chief is corrupt, but the Generals type of corrupt.

Bravo Sir!! Best analysis of the Thai political nonsense in a long time!!

The so called fight against corruption is nothing but a purge. Moving money from one pocket to another!!

You require tons of evidence to show former PM Yingluck guilty of negligence and yet you are ready to believe and congratulate the posting of a troll. Double standards, much?

• Like 1

Now if only you would have managed to get the contents of the two infrastructure schemes since you were the one to talk about costs having gone up.

As for transparency, As far as I remember the current government put some normal Ministry of transport items back in the National Budget. Like the ongoing Dual Tracking, road maintenance, and so. In 2013 the then MoT defended the 2.2 trillion infrastructure plan with the suggestion that those activities would suffer if the plan wasn't approved.

Anyway, I doubt any of this has a relation with the National Police Chief or his functioning.

It is just not possible to sack the Chief of Police.

The first 'rule of power' , especially that power obtained and maintained by threats and intimidation, is self preservation.

I.e. Don't rock the boat of potential or active support.

If he sacked him would he lose the support of this 'force' in his grasp on power?

Then we have a police v army confrontational situation and we all know what that means.

No he cannot sack him. That can is too dangerous to open

If he were to sack the chief of police for overseeing an organisation of corruption then he would have to apply the same logic and ethics to other institutions that are rife with the same problem.

If it were shown to be the army were corrupt at some level then that is another head to roll.

Who is the head of the army?

Quick ...... push the self preservation button!

( ps...logic, ethics, .....do they have words in Thailand for those? Doesn't seem like it sometimes)

I have always been in disbelieve seeing some police commanders's palace and

grounds. I wonder why nobody lifts his finger as to how he can have so much

money.

Now after a few years of trying to understand thainess, it is "up to him".

However they (?) got Pompat, now for 33+ years in the slammer.