decent burger

willfreeman

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a burger at a food stall at Maya one day, some Australian themed burger. FAR better than any burger from The Dukes (which is... passable), Mcdonalds, burger king, beast burger, anything like that... it was a solid, real burger, that was absolutely Delicious. unfortunately I saw it only once, I have never in my life went back for burgers two days in a row but unfortunately it had moved on.

I got a burger at a food stall at Maya one day, some Australian themed burger. FAR better than any burger from The Dukes (which is... passable), Mcdonalds, burger king, beast burger, anything like that... it was a solid, real burger, that was absolutely Delicious. unfortunately I saw it only once, I have never in my life went back for burgers two days in a row but unfortunately it had moved on.

Was it cooked on cast iron griddle or pans ?

That would be the Aussie Boys truck.

You can find them on their facebook page , Locations vary depending on festivals.

Great burger , but Soi 9 is the best for now.

Beast Burger still #1 for me. Just a shame that you're basically eating on the street. If only these guys had a proper restaurant...

http://chiangmaifoodhub.com/beast-burger-nimmanhaemin-believe-the-hype/

They will have soon.

Do tell?!

According to their Facebook page they've ceased operations from the truck (which is now for sale) and will open a restaurant on Nimman 17 soon.

Edited by JaseTheBass

Sorry if this has already been mentioned buts its past midnight and I cannot be bothered to read all the previous threads.

came acrosss Classic Burger the other night, Soi 9 Moonmuang just before Riders Corner. Though the burger was pretty ok but found the fries

amazing, they actually tasted like potato rather than just some crispy thing. Prices are stupidly cheap and I wonder how long they can keep that up.

Also noticed they have a proper flame grill not a hot plate like most other places

not stupidly cheap at all. food here should not cost the same as it does in the states, costs are lower.

that's one of the reasons i rarely eat western here and wont pay six bucks for a burger. if classic comes near the 180-200 baht range like other burger places they just lost a repeat customer.

fyi - not as good as nations, just reminds me of it (which is pretty good for a burger joint)

Edited by fey

Sorry if this has already been mentioned buts its past midnight and I cannot be bothered to read all the previous threads.

came acrosss Classic Burger the other night, Soi 9 Moonmuang just before Riders Corner. Though the burger was pretty ok but found the fries

amazing, they actually tasted like potato rather than just some crispy thing. Prices are stupidly cheap and I wonder how long they can keep that up.

Also noticed they have a proper flame grill not a hot plate like most other places

not stupidly cheap at all. food here should not cost the same as it does in the states, costs are lower.

that's one of the reasons i rarely eat western here and wont pay six bucks for a burger. if classic comes near the 180-200 baht range like other burger places they just lost a repeat customer.

fyi - not as good as nations, just reminds me of it (which is pretty good for a burger joint)

Looks like it's 125B for the regular classic, and 150B for the cheeseburger. Good value for money imo.

- The burgers at the burger box in night plaza is quite a bit cheaper, but looses too much in quality compared to Soi 9.

- Aussie boys burgers is more expensive and good, but the buns are too sweet and not something I can eat frequently without getting bored.

- Soi 1 bar and restaurant is the best of the lot, but a bit out of my regular way, and the last two-three times I visited, it was either closed or the cook was not there.

Soi 1 is my favourite now. The burger is nice and simple, the buns are great, beef is of decent quality, and I can eat it frequently without getting bored. I never order fries, but until today the opening promotion always included fries, and they were great too. Oh, and the pickle is great too.

Edited by Awk

Looks like it's 125B for the regular classic, and 150B for the cheeseburger. Good value for money imo.

- The burgers at the burger box in night plaza is quite a bit cheaper, but looses too much in quality compared to Soi 9.

- Aussie boys burgers is more expensive and good, but the buns are too sweet and not something I can eat frequently without getting bored.

- Soi 1 bar and restaurant is the best of the lot, but a bit out of my regular way, and the last two-three times I visited, it was either closed or the cook was not there.

Soi 1 is my favourite now. The burger is nice and simple, the buns are great, beef is of decent quality, and I can eat it frequently without getting bored. I never order fries, but until today the opening promotion always included fries, and they were great too. Oh, and the pickle is great too.

Sorry about that. Meant to say soi 9 is my favourite now.

I went back to classic burger on soi 9 last night for the second time for a reality check on my first experience. The hand made burger was done exactly the way I wanted it medium-medium rare. This time I asked for no lettuce, no tomato i just wanted to taste the burger. It had to be prime Angus beef flown in from the states. It was so tasty that I didn't even want to swallow it. I just used salt and pepper and even the salt was extraordinary. I think it was sel de mer (from France).

Do you remember backyard bbq's when you was a kid and your father was flipping the burgers. Well Classic burgers will recreate that image for you. 60 years will disappear and you will be that kid again.

I went back to classic burger on soi 9 last night for the second time for a reality check on my first experience. The hand made burger was done exactly the way I wanted it medium-medium rare. This time I asked for no lettuce, no tomato i just wanted to taste the burger. It had to be prime Angus beef flown in from the states. It was so tasty that I didn't even want to swallow it. I just used salt and pepper and even the salt was extraordinary. I think it was sel de mer (from France).

Do you remember backyard bbq's when you was a kid and your father was flipping the burgers. Well Classic burgers will recreate that image for you. 60 years will disappear and you will be that kid again.

Ate at Classic Burger this weekend. Overall a positive experience. The beef, though, didn't taste imported to me. Pretty much like the beef at most of the other burger places around town. (I wish they would grill these burgers over charcoal which would add a little "backyard" flavor.) The fries, however, were fabulous: crispy, with the skins on - terrific! French sea salt? I doubt it. But a real bargain: burger/fries/coke -115 baht..

Tried the Classic Burger on soi 9 today for the first time following the positive reviews from TV members and I must admit that I was not disappointed. It ranks among the best I ever ate in Chiang Mai and the fries are top notch too. I will definitively return when in the area.

I have to say after going to rock me burger today i was impressed. I had a perfectly cooked burger on a sesame bun with an extra order of onion rings. My friend had a burger as well but ordered a side of fries with cheese and bacon bits. It was terrific to have the dozen or so choices of sides.

post-229088-0-74831700-1457091375_thumb.

Went to Classic today. Can't say I was blown away to be honest. Fries were very good. Burger though was just ok. I found it a bit dry and not too tasty.

Not got anything to compare it with as I'm not a big burger person but I'll try a couple of the other places when I next get a craving. Rock Me I've heard good things about. Dukes too.

Classic Burger in the old city neat the corner on moat moonmuang soi 9 has a great burger.

It's run by an American guy and it's a real genuine burger cooked correctly, same with the fries. Similar quality to Nation's in America.

Did not go in with big expectations but very satisfied. Was so good it made me homesick.

Another big plus is that they are not overcharging on prices.

So you say an American guy is running the restaurant. Does he need a work permit to run the restaurant?. Does he need a work permit to own the restaurant and not actually run it as the poster said he did?

Classic Burger in the old city neat the corner on moat moonmuang soi 9 has a great burger.

It's run by an American guy and it's a real genuine burger cooked correctly, same with the fries. Similar quality to Nation's in America.

Did not go in with big expectations but very satisfied. Was so good it made me homesick.

So you say an American guy is running the restaurant. Does he need a work permit to run the restaurant?. Does he need a work permit to own the restaurant and not actually run it as the poster said he did?

Not really any of your business is it?

The topic is burgers not work permits.

Tried the Classic Burger on soi 9 today for the first time following the positive reviews from TV members and I must admit that I was not disappointed. It ranks among the best I ever ate in Chiang Mai and the fries are top notch too. I will definitively return when in the area.

went back for another try as well. they jacked the farang prices way up so wont be a regular thing for me at least.

cheesburger, fries and coke combo 180 baht. but its nice to know its an option.

also this time the burger was not as good as the first time. maybe it depends on who cooking it, or they were making them bigger during the promotion???

Edited by fey

not sure on that one. would suggest you ask a lawyer.

I found the burger a bit small at Classic too, certainly not to the edge of the bun like they have in the menu pictures, but then, where does I suppose. Prices seem to be variable too. My Cheeseburger with fries and coke was 169. Maybe it varies by time of day. If I went again I'd order without the salad just too see what the quality and size of the actual burger was. Won't be in any rush to do that though as for me, like I said, it was so so the first time. OK, better than MacD, but nothing special.

Edited by SooKee

I have to say after going to rock me burger today i was impressed. I had a perfectly cooked burger on a sesame bun with an extra order of onion rings. My friend had a burger as well but ordered a side of fries with cheese and bacon bits. It was terrific to have the dozen or so choices of sides.

attachicon.gifrings.jpg

Never been disappointed at Rock Me!

Another WP policeman. Reincarnation of BJ?

Another WP policeman. Reincarnation of BJ?

Its all down to envy i reckon .

Tried Classic burgers today .Just had the fries at B60 ,as i am not prepared to pay over B100 for a burger in Thailand from a hole in the wall .The fries were very good and the staff were very sweet. .

Tried Classic burgers today .Just had the fries at B60 ,as i am not prepared to pay over B100 for a burger in Thailand from a hole in the wall .The fries were very good and the staff were very sweet. .

I know what you mean. That 100 thb price tag is a real budget buster.

anto.....Tried Classic burgers today .Just had the fries at B60 ,as i am not prepared to pay over B100 for a burger in Thailand from a hole in the wall .The fries were very good and the staff were very sweet. .

It is so sad that a comment like this has been made.If your budget is that low ,maybe it is time to go back to your own country and contact the Salvation Army for hand outs.I am told they do a nice soup.