PM appoints official team to enforce new order

Lite Beer

"...it would be applied to the offenders of four laws - lese majeste or Article 112 of the Criminal Code, and Articles 113-118, which are for security breaches, possession of war weapons without a permit and violation of the junta's orders."

That last one, "the junta's orders", covers everything not covered by the first three.

Not to worry, right?

You couldn't be sitting in a bar on Soi 11, having a drink with your mates, say something negative about the current government, and find yourself detained, could you?

Nah, that will never happen.

Drink! w00t.gif

Its "My Way Or The Highway" rule

And you guys respond to this news by throwing childish put downs at each other and making jokes about what color their uniforms are.

I wish there was another, real-time news source about Thailand other than this forum.

Most of the people posting here have covered Article 44 in other threads. There are several including the ones regarding the negative responses from foreign governments and some Thai official trying to pretend it's very similar to something the French have and only succeeding in showing how little he knows.

The news is in the post at the top the rest are not news but comments

There's not much else to say really that hasn't already been said or that we can't say due to restrictions.

Of course you're welcome to provide your own comments on this serious news. Once you finished complaining about everyone else's of course.

See what you've done there? You've got me all sarcastic again.

Article 44 - reported on earlier - and this bit of news, are not the same thing. Did you just see the words Article 44 and stop reading?

No I'm quite capable of reading all the OP thank you.

If the PM had announced that there would be no enforcement of Article 44 then that would that would really be news. All that's changed is that only certain people will be enforcing it. There seems to be some issues regarding how these people can effectively be identified although I doubt it will affect many on this forum. Apart from the issue of who will carry out the administration of this enforcement there's not much that's new.

All you've said, apart from your criticisms of other posters is that 'this is serious'. Since Article 44 has already been covered as previously mentioned and that isn't the same, as you yourself say, as this bit of news and bearing in mind how serious you feel this is perhaps you could give us a bit of a clue as to why you say that. I would be interested in what you have to say since I feel that whilst Article 44 is a serious issue I don't really see that the news in this OP will change the more important issues regarding Article 44 itself.

I promise I'll keep checking back to read your reply.