Alleged Pakistani passport forger among spate of foreigner arrests

webfact

Alleged Pakistani passport forger among spate of foreigner arrests
The Nation

30257774-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Immigration police have arrested 11 foreign fugitives in six different cases including an alleged Pakistani passport forger, an alleged French online trade fraudster and a Finn wanted for fraud and tax evasion.

Pol Lt-General Sakda Chuenpakdee, commissioner of the Immigration Bureau, told a press conference yesterday that Pakistani national Abdul Kanni, or Babu Rafik, 60, was arrested in Bangkok's Bang Kho Laem district last Friday for allegedly forging and selling passports to trans-national criminals over two decades.

French national Stephane Jacques Roulin was apprehended in Satun on March 25 following a request from the French authorities for his arrest.

Roulin was wanted by the Montpellier Court for duping people out of at least 100,000 euros per person in a scam to buy luxury cars online. The total figure is expected to rise as more victims file complaints.

Finnish fraud and tax-evasion suspect Tuukka Tapio Rautajuuri, 54, who allegedly owed Bt15 million to the Finnish government, was arrested in Chon Buri on Tuesday.

American Josef Cohen, 60, who had been sought for assault, was arrested in Bangkok's Bang Kapi district on Tuesday.

Hungarian Kocsis Szabolcs Laszlo, 41, who was wanted for allegedly smuggling 35 kilograms of marijuana from the Netherlands to Hungary on seven occasions, was arrested in Phuket on March 15.

Six South Korean men in their 30s were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly operating an online football gambling website in Bangkok's Suan Luang district.

The suspects reportedly confessed that they took bets on South Korean football matches from 100 members in exchange for a Bt60,000 monthly payment each.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Alleged-Pakistani-passport-forger-among-spate-of-f-30257774.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-10

• Like 2

Wish I'd been there as they tried to pronounce some of those names. Few tricky ones in there.

Any reason the Koreans are not named….no potential comedy value?

Also what's with the different t shirts?

Koreans all in orange, others in that foul lime green colour.

Is there some sort of policy that determines shirt colour in accordance with crime?

Edited by Bluespunk

A motley crew of undesirables, jetsam and flotsam of society, hiding here, such are many of the so called

tourists that are in abundant in Thailand....

My thoughts exactly.

Sometimes I really sicken at the sight of some of the scum bags coming through at the airports, and hanging around the Thai Embassies, applying for visas.

dry.png.pagespeed.ce.iCXmiFQmCf75Y8CMyFH

• Like 2

Wish I'd been there as they tried to pronounce some of those names. Few tricky ones in there.

Any reason the Koreans are not named….no potential comedy value?

Is there some sort of policy that determines shirt colour in accordance with crime?

I guess you are an expert in pronouncing foreign names perfectly?

Congratulations for that talent!

• Like 2

The police should pull their heads up so we can see their faces. This business of covering the face in photos has to stop!

There should be no pictures. Innocent until proven guilty!

Several foreigners are wanted on outstanding warrants. That means they have committed an offense sufficient to convince the foreign judiciaries that they were to be arrested. Of course there should be pictures, as it is part of the "transparency" process. We can see that they have not been beaten or tortured.

Seriously? Or are you trolling? You are not that naïve so it must be the latter. Convince foreign judiciaries? It's opinion now and not law? You actually believe that you can see they have not been beaten or tortured? Yet? Yep, you're trolling.

The police should pull their heads up so we can see their faces. This business of covering the face in photos has to stop!

Why? They may be innocent.

I think they must be innocent because nobody is pointing a finger at anything in the picture, besides there should be all the evidence laid out in front of them with each one of the guys pointing a finger at his incriminating evidence.

• Like 1

A motley crew of undesirables, jetsam and flotsam of society, hiding here, such are many of the so called

My thoughts exactly.

Sometimes I really sicken at the sight of some of the scum bags coming through at the airports, and hanging around the Thai Embassies, applying for visas.

And just by looking at them, you can see, that they are indeed criminals??

You should apply for a job at Thai immigration.....................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Why? They may be innocent.

Indeed......and sometimes I wonder if some of the posters here come from countries that are crime free. I say this because of the cries of outrage, disgust and horror when a alleged villain is caught in Thailand.

• Like 2

Several foreigners are wanted on outstanding warrants. That means they have committed an offense sufficient to convince the foreign judiciaries that they were to be arrested. Of course there should be pictures, as it is part of the "transparency" process. We can see that they have not been beaten or tortured.

A sock filled with sand doesn't show much damage!!

Any reason the Koreans are not named.no potential comedy value?

I guess you are an expert in pronouncing foreign names perfectly?

Congratulations for that talent!

Congratulations on posting without reading my post carefully.

i acknowledged they were tricky.

Never said I'd do any better.

The Finnish guy's in particular looks like it's full of potential for error.

Hungarian's as well would be bit of a twister for myself.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

Thank you prakhonchai nick for making this valid point. This obvious denial of due process rights by the authorities - is a disgrace.

Wonderful - this has made my day. I now feel like I am one of the wanted tourists and feel no guilt as I head on down to Nana Plaza tonight to abuse some poor Isarn girls.

It's amazing the lack of compassion a farang has for one of his fellow race. Instead it downright self-righteous contempt and judgement.

As someone wise once said, "when you are pointing your finger at someone, there are three pointing at yourself.

If you take pleasure in seeing foreigner down on their luck, look closely at yourself and you'll probably find something lacking.

• Like 2

My thoughts exactly.

Agree. There are generally some very unsavory looking, dissipated foreigners wondering around in Thailand. It is cringe worthy at times. Not every one is blessed with good looks but everyone can at least dress decently and be well groomed.