New SR400 in Black Color Now In Stock

Surprised to see a black SR400 in the showroom today. New delivery. 265,000Bt. Saw a white one with a sign for 259,000Bt at Watchara on Sukhunvit.

Also surprised when the sales guy said the Anniversary Edition is still available at 20K over retail, so 285,000Bt.

They were dreaming earlier and asking well over 300,000Bt when I had enquired last year.

265,000 was originally supposed to be the msrp (for the white one at least) when they released last year. How is the anniversary edition actually different, other than the color?

They're nice looking bikes, but honestly 265,000 is still too expensive. In the US and Japan it goes for about 180,000 and people still complain about the price.

The black anniversary was just a sad gimmick for an extra 20k.

Painted wheels, forks and a sticker emblem on the tank is what they did.

They should have stuffed the 500 stroker crank and put on the alloy wheels. That would be sweet.

Yeah, a little extra paint and a sticker isn't really worth 20k.

It's a shame these bikes are so overpriced here, if they came down a bit I think they'd sell really well. Thai people love bikes with classic styling, I'm seeing those Stallion Centaurs all over the place. I think if Yamaha could sell the SR for under 200,000 it would sell like hotcakes.

265,000 was originally supposed to be the msrp (for the white one at least) when they released last year. How is the anniversary edition actually different, other than the color?

They're nice looking bikes, but honestly 265,000 is still too expensive. In the US and Japan it goes for about 180,000 and people still complain about the price.

I think the Japs are exactly right, this bike has nothing but image, a huge price to pay for an exhaust note. The Thais will do that for 300baht on my Wave.

There are always people around with more money than sense, probably get their butler to kick start it for them too, when they can't be arsed "what what what".....

Yes Andrew...the Stallion, it is not that you need 400cc for posing around the town..........or parking outside a bar....just get a sticker saying 400cc. 50 baht. The SR400 is a bloody knock-off anyway, just knock off the knock off.

Edited by AllanB

I think the Japs are exactly right, this bike has nothing but image, a huge price to pay for an exhaust note. The Thais will do that for 300baht on my Wave.

There are always people around with more money than sense, probably get their butler to kick start it for them too, when they can't be arsed "what what what".....

Yes Andrew...the Stallion, it is not that you need 400cc for posing around the town..........or parking outside a bar....just get a sticker saying 400cc. 50 baht. The SR400 is a bloody knock-off anyway, just knock off the knock off.

AlanB, have you seen/heard one of the new ones?

1) it's unusually quiet.

2) It's got electric start in addition to the kicker.

A neigbor in my moo baan have a SR400 from 2014 and it don't have electric start, only kick start.

Yes waaaaay overpriced for what you get, very slow, the SR500 was cool, my first big bike many moons ago, 33hp and could go all day at +130 km/h.

I think the 400 have about 22hp? A Cbr250/300 can smoke it easily.

A neigbor in my moo baan have a SR400 from 2014 and it don't have electric start, only kick start.

Yes waaaaay overpriced for what you get, very slow, the SR500 was cool, my first big bike many moons ago, 33hp and could go all day at +130 km/h.

I think the 400 have about 22hp? A Cbr250/300 can smoke it easily.

Why do you say 'moo baan'?

I remember the old SR500 fondly even though I preferred the XS650 twin.

Went to have a look at the Yamaha dealer and was happy to see the SR400 from a distance.

Upon closer look - an ugly sensor sticking out of that beautifully curved header, a big black plastic box added on the left side of the engine, some kind of emission thing, way ugly! No electric start (the XS650 had both, way cool!) and a drum brake in the rear, cheap!

The longer I looked the less I liked it.

Then the price - you could get a modern CB500X and would have 50,000 left, but I guess that's not the point.

I think Yamaha expects us to be so happy that we forget everything and run to the bank to get the cash to buy one. No thank you!

Down here in the south there are lots of original old SR400s riding around, and shops where you can buy clean fixed-up models.

I'd go for the "real thing" even though they aren't legal.

post-17066-0-46050400-1428840379_thumb.j

Edited by Rolo Tomazi

One thing that's not been mentioned here is the Yamaha SR400 is going to get far more attention here in Thailand than just about any other motorbike you can buy. In fact, you will probably get a lot more attention for that 265000 baht than you

would with a 3 million baht Porsche. I've had mine now for 7 months, and consider it to be a real bargain

chickmagnet.jpg

One thing that's not been mentioned here is the Yamaha SR400 is going to get far more attention here in Thailand than just about any other motorbike you can buy. In fact, you will probably get a lot more attention for that 265000 baht than you

would with a 3 million baht Porsche. I've had mine now for 7 months, and consider it to be a real bargain

Why would a SR400 attract that much attention? More than a 3 Mio Porsche?

I think a Ninja 300, the new Yamaha 300, the CBR650 or the new 650 cruiser with the Ninja engine would get at least as much attention.

I'd say most people who buy the old SR400 are not interested in getting attention or they would buy a new flashy bike like the CBR300R Repsol or a KTM 200.

That said, if you like your bike and you're happy with it it's money well spent!

chickmagnet.jpg

That used to be papa's GF 'til she see bike Jack, then bye-bye papa.

I don't care much about attension, my V650 2015 gets a little attension and it's fairly fast and it got electric start too man, hurra, who on earth find kick start cool/nice??

Well as long as you are happy with your bike that is all that matters and it's pointless to dicuss prices/power and so on. wink.png

That used to be papa's GF 'til she see bike Jack, then bye-bye papa.

She looks like my ex-GF as well. tongue.png

If you're happy with the bike that's fine but I won't say it will attract more attention than the 3 mil Porsche. It's because you don't see 3 mil baht Porsches parked near the beer bars.

Edited by Shurup

SR400 is a bloody knock-off anyway, just knock off the knock off.

Knock-off of which other model motorcycle ?

A shortarse Bonneville/Cafe racer, okay two knock offs, since a Cafe is by definition a custom bike, non stock.

A shortarse Bonneville/Cafe racer, okay two knock offs, since a Cafe is by definition a custom bike, non stock.

Ok - Bye the Bye - are you selling your NV ? What are you asking ? Posted as 235K - must be a misprint !

Ok - Bye the Bye - are you selling your NV ? What are you asking ? Posted as 235K - must be a misprint !

Yes, but It has a leaky petcock right now, having trouble getting another, would like about 80k for it, but need to fix it first. 235k was a joke, of course, it ain't that good. Still of people are paying that for an SR400 one never knows...biggrin.png

Sorry offtopic2.gif

Yes, but It has a leaky petcock right now, having trouble getting another, would like about 80k for it, but need to fix it first. 235k was a joke, of course, it ain't that good. Still of people are paying that for an SR400 one never knows...biggrin.png

Sorry offtopic2.gif

Thanks

chickmagnet.jpg

You should try parking it next to a ducati scrambler and observe what happens......

Edited by pokerkid