Denied 60 days extension of Non-0 in Nonthaburi today

Does anybody know of a 'new' law that prohibits a 60 day extension of a Non-O based on marriage?

After waiting 4 hours in que at the Nonthaburi office this afternoon my wife and I were told that my Non-O (based on marriage - issued in Savannakhet - no 400k) visa, which expires today can not be extended due restrictions brought in by a new law. I can not find anything about this law, does anybody know about this? I guess now I am on an overstay and being forced to play roulette with my life whilst driving through the mass exodus now heading east.

Cheers....

Thanks for answering Mario2008. I have no prior 60 day extension, my last stamp was a border crossing at Poi-Pet which gave me 90 days. I was planning to go to Lao but did not want to be on the roads this week. The massacre has already begun!

I could clearly see that the immigration officer had an attitude from the get go, despite the fact that I was clean shaven, well dressed, and even gave him the Thai greeting with a smile. We had all our documents in original form with us, marriage cert, tabien ban, passports, ID's, etc...He was not interested.

This place has really changed for the worse over the past 15 years I have been here, and Nonthaburi IM is the least efficient, nastiest bunch of people second only to the lot on Samui.

Thanks for answering Mario2008. I have no prior 60 day extension, my last stamp was a border crossing at Poi-Pet which gave me 90 days. I was planning to go to Lao but did not want to be on the roads this week. The massacre has already begun!

I could clearly see that the immigration officer had an attitude from the get go, despite the fact that I was clean shaven, well dressed, and even gave him the Thai greeting with a smile. We had all our documents in original form with us, marriage cert, tabien ban, passports, ID's, etc...He was not interested.

This place has really changed for the worse over the past 15 years I have been here, and Nonthaburi IM is the least efficient, nastiest bunch of people second only to the lot on Samui.

You can ask to talk to a supervisor to be explained and show which is the "new law" - that doesn't exist.. You can also go accompanied by an educated Thai carrying a copy of the regulations linked below, in Thai language. Make sure you have a perfect application including original marriage certificate, updated copy from the amphur, wife id and house book copies signed and dated, also wife should be present.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/749918-thai-immigration-issues-new-police-order-3272557-effective-august-29-2014/

Thank you Paz, yes I'll be sure to do that - if there is to be a next time.

If your permitted stay is near to end you can apply again and if refused obtain a 7 days extension, still Bt 1,900.

That actually would be useful because it would give you proof of having been denied for no reason, and write a complain to immigration headquarters. But I think the supervisor will grant you 60 no problem.

Edited by paz

No such new "law" has been announced.

The only reason it could have been denied for was if you already has a 60 day extension on your current entry.

Yes be aware of this. I got caught out last year thinking I could get a 60 day extension as long as there was at least a full year's extension in between. How wrong could I be. I'd used the 60 day extension 7 years previously so no more allowed on that entry. Cue a dash to Vientiene to get a new 3 month Non O :(

This is no the first report of this immigration denying a 60 day extension for no legitimate reason. The rules clearly state you are eligible for the extension.

I can recall a member going back with a copy of clause 2.24 of the police order after being denied and then getting the extension at that office.

If your visa is still valid for an entry your best option now is to make a border run to get one since immigration will not be open again until next Thursday..

It seems, they (Udon Thani Immigration) do not like to give extensions on every entry in Thailand or on every Non Immigrant -O- Visa. Try to keep that to a minimum in a year.

Once i was told, just go out to Vientian, make a border run, than come back and get again a 60 day extension for having children with a Thai woman, providing for them and living together.

Came after 2 weeks back and was told, NO, new decision. I have to go out once more, thyan I could get an extension. blink.png

And nearly all times, the Udon Thani Immigration officers want, that I make the 400.000 Baht deposit

and make a one year extension Visa.

For the normal 60 day extension, my GF was last time asked for -Soup money- = 600.- Baht, for the leading officer gave the extension. whistling.gif

A 7 day extension on that extension, was than denied, contrary to TV members opinion in a thread,

I could get 7 days extension on a already 60 day extension.

I had to pay 5 day overstay in Suvarnabhumi therefore.

Cheaper and less hassle than a trip to the border.blink.png

Edited by ALFREDO