What Thai stuff do you take to the West when you go back?

tuonsai

Any of you guys take stuff back with you when you go back to the West instead

of buying there?

I'd be curious what have you found that's worth taking ? If you have any good ideas would be great to hear.

I'm not talking small ticket items like clothes of course, unless they're expensive clothes.

I found two things in particular which are much cheaper and better here than in my country in Europe,

and these are curtains (about one third of the European price for awsome quality) and lamps (about half or one third the price here).

Every time I go back I take some of these to equip my and relatives apartments in Europe.

Edited by tuonsai
  • Like 1

I would bring more if USA had the same voltage......

but I bring rechargable flashlights which seem to charge on both voltages

Green curry powder and some Mama noodles

and a bunch of stupid stuff I find in the Chinatown markets , this time non kill rat traps

sometimes I bring vinyl material for seat covers that I can buy cheap and in many more colors than home.

And before Klong Thom market got shut down I bought a lot of weird collectable nic nac type stuff from the 50s 60s

I have taken stone mortar and pestles back in the past as gifts. Mosquito zappers ( tennis racquet type). I have never seen these in the UK, probably don't pass safety laws? Bungey cords very cheap here. Big chopper kitchen knives, common here uncommon and expensive back home. Rice cookers much cheaper here. Big bags of rice. Suzuki coffee filter thing and thai coffees. I would love to take a durian back but the only time I tried it was denied entry to Chiang Mai airport. I was a bit miffed as I had bashed all the spikes off. Wrapped it in a old foam camping mat. Boxed it and wrapped it in plastic. It was then in a hard shell samsonite suitcase. X-ray people spotted it and wouldn't let in the airport.

• Like 2

I bring back bolts (rolls) of fabric from Jim Thompson.. Several of my friends whose spouses love to sew and the fabric from JT's is top notch and in the US, nothing close to it is available on a cost-effective basis.

A friend of mine took a bum gun back to the Netherlands.

Odd. They're on every kitchen sink in America.

Only ever been too the States once and noticed a few restaurant kitchens which put me off eating out and have no intention of going back.

I brought back two Mekhong emblazoned T-shirts - mainly as the stuff isn't being made anymore, making the tshirtsthemselves a rarity.

and that's about the only stuff I have bought for MYSELF in the past 4 years, even though I am always being told that I spend too much rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-siBMq