They didnt did they ? Tracking postal

LivinLOS

The website for the Thai post seems to have been taken offline for 'song gran' with a 'splash page'.. thailandpost.co.th

But the track and trace system, at track.thailandpost.co.th which is linked into all manner of global tracking systems via an API has also been taken offline ??

Has someone really just pulled the plug on a global tracking integration, without considering what they are doing ???

That API integration is linked with 10s maybe 100s of external sites. All broken, because 'song gran' !!

Just some error message for those trying to track shipments to and from Thailand I guess.

The Thai EMS tracking site is down but the International one is up and assume it handles Thailand tracking.

//edit - nope, the International tracking also doesn't work as it links to the Thai EMS site.

Please reenter the number as we can not integrate Thailand completely due to technical reasons.

They couldnt just have left the old system running until the new one was ready huh !!!

Really competent IT team..

Get informed.

Its an announced/planned shutdown.

The world is not at its end.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/813822-four-day-shutdown-for-thai-postal-service/

I have an amazon supply rep on the phone now.. has been for 45 mins.. he needs the supply information on packages sent from thailand via their distribution center in Kentucky..

taking a global tracker offline when not needed does effect global distribution.. the idea it may be down for a week is laughable.

Edited by LivinLOS

Install the Thai Post Tracking App for your phone. This works well.

Your sure ?? If they have pulled the API and database, I would assume the app is simply another access system / interface to the same data.

The only thing i can say: The app don't show any error messages. The last update i got was yesterday 03:34pm. Dispatch Si Racha Mail Center. Well, yesterday was the 11th....

But in this case it seems, i won't get the parcel before the 15th.

Edited by alocacoc

Farangs fault as the Thai postal system was designed off the Canadian model. Also farangs fault for sending mail. We go play water now like 4 yr old child.

And these people want to run a nuclear power station.

Good luck to people with important documents, perhaps Japan and Korea with blacklist Thai post and only accept private couriers. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

They couldnt just have left the old system running until the new one was ready huh !!!

Get informed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/813822-four-day-shutdown-for-thai-postal-service/

I have an amazon supply rep on the phone now.. has been for 45 mins.. he needs the supply information on packages sent from thailand via their distribution center in Kentucky..

taking a global tracker offline when not needed does effect global distribution.. the idea it may be down for a week is laughable.

Why does "in transit" take 45 minutes to explain?

Get informed.

Why does "in transit" take 45 minutes to explain?

Because missing packages which had tracking and are already sent now can not be proven where they are.. Or when they were signed for on deliveries already made.. Because proof of postage, proof of transit, estimated delivery times etc are all part of the distribution network..

Strangely enough some people in the real world expect a tracking system to, you know, show where things are at a given time. Downtime in live IT systems to turn one off and another on, is not how modern activities work.

I have one company based in the UK which provides a secure form of banking system to investors and financial services, you think they would accept the 'we need to migrate it so its down' ?? Who would do business with a company that cant keep its systems live ??

I am not exactly clear on what do you mean by saying "Up and running again."

I have my parcel sent to Thailand from Hong Kong on 10-Apr-2015.

According to Hongkong Post: "The item (RB123456789HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 10-Apr-2015. Destination - Thailand"

Today I checked the http://track.thailandpost.com/tracking/result.aspx shows : " Item Not Found "

This is how its working...

According to Hongkong Post: "The item (RB123456789HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 10-Apr-2015. Destination - Thailand"

Today I checked the http://track.thailandpost.com/tracking/result.aspx shows : " Item Not Found "

With the Thai Post Office not re-opening til the 16th, and the parcel having to clear customs before entering the postal system its not surprising there is no info yet.

With the Thai Post Office not re-opening til the 16th, and the parcel having to clear customs before entering the postal system its not surprising there is no info yet.

So, it should state - Clearing Customs or whatever. But " Item Not Found " is the wrong answer.

Edited by MikeWill

Actually, i can't complain about the Thai Post. In all the years, i sent and received many letters from overseas. Nothing has lost. Sometimes the delivery time was longer as expected. For really important documents i use FedEx.