Steve Irwin Dead

Old Croc

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All very sad etc etc, but what does this have to do with Thailand?

I believe his show has been on Thai TV.

He is an international celebrity and you are a pratt.

Let it go at that if the poster cant respect the deeds of a truly remarkable person, or at least respect his memory, then make petty comment, I know where his future posts will end up.

very nice reply croc, :D

this poster is lacking in compassion, and respect for steve irwin. :o

steve had indeed spent quite a considerable amount of time in thailand and was known to love the thai people and its natural wonder.

i suppose that qualifies as a mention on our forum. :D

also the offending poster might consider steve's connection with all of us australian people ,

who do considerate it an important issue and would like to voice our condolence's to his family.

thank you

Just to put a good word in for Bendix.

He is rich and earns a lot of money in a lawfirm in Bangkok. Something like THB 300,000 per month

...but we digress.

Steve rules! Looking forward to seeing reruns of his terrific shows. What a legacy he leaves. A true friend of Mother Nature.

Edited by Papa_Lazarou

:o:D:D

He is rich and earns a lot of money in a lawfirm in Bangkok. Something like THB 300,000 per month

...but we digress.

Steve rules! Looking forward to seeing reruns of his terrific shows. What a legacy he leaves. A true friend of Mother Nature.

whats the chances of my mate bendix slipping me a loan ?

im good for the pay back.

cheers :D

can you put in a good word for me ?

...but we digress.

300,000 per month CRIKRY whats he do, ben dix ????

and nevermind , I also don't like the tone of his post....

Steve Irwin was a world personality and I consider Thailand to be a part of that world. My thoughts and prayers go out to all his family, the immediate family and the world family. Thats all of us, becaues I know I feel a little different on hearing the news

RIP Steve

I would say his life was not wasted, and I think he would agree with me. I bet if he had to choose a way to go, having it happen when he was doing what he loved the most would be his pick. That should be some small comfort to his fans and family. He educated and enterained millions and millions of people. His passion and enthusiam for all animals, large and small, was infectious.

Sure, he was a bit overblown, but you could never deny his heart was always in the right place. I will miss him, and my sympathies go out to his family.

Be at Peace, my friend.

Edited by jbowman1993

I would say his life was not wasted. It educated and enterained millions and millions of people. His passion and enthusiam for all animals, large and small, was infectious.

Sure, he was a bit overblown, but you could never deny his heart was always in the right place. I will miss him, and my sympathies go out to his family.

Be at Peace, my friend.

No your right his life wasnt wasted upto this point, but i am sure he had many more years of education to give, which is a waste, it is a shame my son wont be able to watch his programs as he grows up :o

I would say his life was not wasted. It educated and enterained millions and millions of people. His passion and enthusiam for all animals, large and small, was infectious.

Be at Peace, my friend.

No your right his life wasnt wasted upto this point, but i am sure he had many more years of education to give, which is a waste, it is a shame my son wont be able to watch his programs as he grows up :o

Steve Irwin was a great guy, bringing Wildlife and Fun into the homes of hundreds of Millions of people, worldwide, including millions in Thailand.

He was on the edge many times doing scary things but he and his programs will be missed...

..however, Daley: your boy doesn't have to miss his programs I think, since the series will be recorded and for sale on DVD for many years to come, fortunately!

RIP for Steve Irwin :D

LaoPo

I knew steve well, I trained some of his staff and advised him on zoological problems, he died the way he lived ,doing something crazy with dangerous native wildlife, he will be missedI know this thread has little to do with thailand ,but there are a many Australian members in this forum, one or two of them can even read :D :D so patience please :o Nignoy

Sad tragedy, he was also a great conservationist. RIP

From sky news http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1232859,00.html

Crocman Irwin Is Killed

Updated: 09:22, Monday September 04, 2006

World-famous Australian naturalist Steve Irwin has died in a marine accident.

The danger-loving wildlife enthusiast was killed by a barb from a stingray that pierced his chest.

He was filming an underwater documentary off Australia's northeast coast when the accident took place.

He had been diving off his boat "Croc One" near Batt Reef, northeast of Port Douglas.

A helicopter took paramedics to nearby Low Isles, where Irwin was taken for medical treatment, but he was dead before they arrived.

Tributes at Irwin's zoo "Steve was hit by a stingray in the chest," said local diving operator Steve Edmondson. "He probably died from a cardiac arrest from the injury."

Irwin's daredevil antics, which saw him go face-to-face with deadly creatures such as crocodiles and poisonous snakes on camera, won him a global following.

The 44-year-old was known for uttering the word "Crikey" when confronted with a particularly deadly animal.

Nicknamed "The Crocodile Hunter", he triggered outrage in 2004 by holding his then one-month-old baby while feeding a snapping crocodile at his Australian zoo.

He is survived by his American wife Terri, their daughter Bindi Sue, eight, and two-year-old son Bob.

Police said his family had been informed.

Much better, thank you. Your interest in my financial status is equaled only by my lack of interest in yours.

Now, getting back to the thread . . . . .

If it's being disrespectful to Steve Irwin to question why this is a relevant thread when many other non-Thai threads are closed immediately, then I apologise to the board, to Steve and to his family.

Irwin was a character for sure, although not without controversy. Does anyone remember him dangling his baby above a crocodile's mouth a few years ago? But he seemed a genuine guy and there is something strangely fitting that he would go this way. All losses of life are tragic, especially when he's leaving a young family behind.

My sympathies to the family.

But I dont think my post was an unreasonable one. Many other posters have had threads closed when non-Thai issues are raised. It seemed a reasonable question.

Edited by bendix

Does anyone remember him dangling his baby above a crocodile's mouth a few years ago?

Along the same lines as Michael Jackson recklessly dangling his baby out of the window.

A pointless circus act and a lot of the obits are mentioning it. Could have been career suicide doing something like that on camera.

Does anyone remember him dangling his baby above a crocodile's mouth a few years ago?

Along the same lines as Michael Jackson recklessly dangling his baby out of the window.

A pointless circus act and a lot of the obits are mentioning it. Could have been career suicide doing something like that on camera.

You know what they say, any publicity is good publicity, sometimes people in the media do things without thinking about how the media will react, that event could have been on purpose or not, i guess we will never know now tho,

Is it any worse than things like riding around Bangkok with your 3 year old kid on the back of the Motorsi?

Lets hope he is remembered for all the good he did.

Steve made a very successful career out of doing what he loved and loving what he did. If everyone could follow his example the world would be a better place. I am personally going to drink a Foster's in his honor tonight. :o Chok dee khap to his wife and family.

P