TM-30 Form

I've been living at our lasses house since August 2009 and she has never submitted a TM30 to immigration....

You're probably fine until you get caught, if that ever happens.

I don't know why one would even tempt the Thai government to make an issue of what I'm doing. I just report as I'm asked to report on what form they want me to use. Actually the Missus does all the paperwork as a 90 day report can be done by proxy.

I just show up for the annual permission of my retirement visa extension. Then I just sit back and come forward when I'm called to sign whatever I need to sign and I pay the THB 1,900.

Get caught for doing what?????

I report my address every 90 days to immigration and have never had a problem....

When I renew my extension of stay annually, I use our lasses house book and her ID card as proof of where I live....

Our lass always comes with me to immigration and we have never been asked for the TM30....

Another example of an "expert" who doesn't know what he is talking about....

You are the one mistaken. Just because you have never been asked or are totally ignorant as to Thai Immigration requirements does not change the fact that a TM 30 is required and Immigration officers may ask for proof of submission. I am living proof they do this and fine the responsible person if not complied with. My wife had to pay 2000 TB for failing to submit a TM 30 as required. This was caught when I applied for our first extension of stay at Chaeng Wattana. Ignorance is no excuse for failing to meet legal duties.

I've been living at our lasses house since August 2009 and she has never submitted a TM30 to immigration....

You're probably fine until you get caught, if that ever happens.

I don't know why one would even tempt the Thai government to make an issue of what I'm doing. I just report as I'm asked to report on what form they want me to use. Actually the Missus does all the paperwork as a 90 day report can be done by proxy.

I just show up for the annual permission of my retirement visa extension. Then I just sit back and come forward when I'm called to sign whatever I need to sign and I pay the THB 1,900.

Get caught for doing what?????

I report my address every 90 days to immigration and have never had a problem....

When I renew my extension of stay annually, I use our lasses house book and her ID card as proof of where I live....

Our lass always comes with me to immigration and we have never been asked for the TM30....

Another example of an "expert" who doesn't know what he is talking about....

You are the one mistaken. Just because you have never been asked or are totally ignorant as to Thai Immigration requirements does not change the fact that a TM 30 is required and Immigration officers may ask for proof of submission. I am living proof they do this and fine the responsible person if not complied with. My wife had to pay 2000 TB for failing to submit a TM 30 as required. This was caught when I applied for our first extension of stay at Chaeng Wattana. Ignorance is no excuse for failing to meet legal duties.

I am fully aware of the immigration laws....and the fact that they are not all strictly enforced by all offices.

After 6 back to back one year extensions no one has ever mentioned TM30 and I never provide anything that is not asked for.

Maybe they will ask for one next time I apply to extend my permission to stay...then again maybe they won't.

Did a 30 day extension on visa exempt entry today at BKK immi CW. confirm that no TM30 was asked for as of today. So weather immi asks for one and require on totally subjected to the interpretation which immi office and who is behind the desk. Until the cows come home your guess is as good as mine.

• Like 2

Looking at all of the address reporting requirements for foreigners and Thai house owners and the story (see below) in Thaivisa, it is becoming evident that this is turning into a problem for people. I have a house where I stay and the owner is a Thai lady. When I can arrange to get divorced from a prior marital mistake, we plan to get married.

This lady has property and we came to an arrangement where I paid to build a house on her property that we live on together. We have a written agreement that allows me to live in this house with her that essentially salutes the fact that we plan to get married and in the meantime operate as man and wife. What bothers me is the fact that these new vague reporting requirements put her at risk and require her to report my movements or maybe get fined. It also is hard to find out what to do and get forms, or find the web addresses and forms to report online. The police are also confused as well on this process. Asking an immigration official in Jomtien Beach for some forms to report arriving somewhere caused me to get pretty frustrated. I speak thai and he still had no idea what I wanted. Additionally, my retirement visa was issued in Cholburi division at Jomtien beach. Asking people in the Jomtien beach immigration what I had to do to get my visa transferred to Nakorn Ratchasima office got me the peremptory reply that my visa could not be moved there. As I now live in Korat area this is a pain in the rectal area.

Can some one give me the actual web address to make the 90 day report required for future use?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/871925-reporting-an-alien/?utm_source=newsletter-20151119-1613&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

Edited by ubonjoe
removed a otf topic political comment

Looking at all of the address reporting requirements for foreigners and Thai house owners and the story (see below) in Thaivisa, it is becoming evident that this is turning into a problem for people. I have a house where I stay and the owner is a Thai lady. When I can arrange to get divorced from a prior marital mistake, we plan to get married.

This lady has property and we came to an arrangement where I paid to build a house on her property that we live on together. We have a written agreement that allows me to live in this house with her that essentially salutes the fact that we plan to get married and in the meantime operate as man and wife. What bothers me is the fact that these new vague reporting requirements put her at risk and require her to report my movements or maybe get fined. It also is hard to find out what to do and get forms, or find the web addresses and forms to report online. The police are also confused as well on this process. Asking an immigration official in Jomtien Beach for some forms to report arriving somewhere caused me to get pretty frustrated. I speak thai and he still had no idea what I wanted. Additionally, my retirement visa was issued in Cholburi division at Jomtien beach. Asking people in the Jomtien beach immigration what I had to do to get my visa transferred to Nakorn Ratchasima office got me the peremptory reply that my visa could not be moved there. As I now live in Korat area this is a pain in the rectal area.

Can some one give me the actual web address to make the 90 day report required for future use?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/871925-reporting-an-alien/?utm_source=newsletter-20151119-1613&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

Just ignore most of what was written in the topic you referred to.

There is no requirement for all your movements to be reported. More than likely just once when you first do an extension or when you change your address to Korat.

To be able to do your 90 day reports at Korat you will need to go to the immigration office there and do a change of address.

You will need to complete a TM28 form. Download http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm25.pdf

They probably want your friend to submit the TM30 also. Download http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

For the above you will need the letter your friend wrote with signed copies of her house book and ID card attached. Also copies of your passport photo page, visa, extension stamp and TM6 departure card. It would probably help if she went with you.

Online 90 day reporting web address is: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online

Did a 30 day extension on visa exempt entry today at BKK immi CW. confirm that no TM30 was asked for as of today. So weather immi asks for one and require on totally subjected to the interpretation which immi office and who is behind the desk. Until the cows come home your guess is as good as mine.

Perhaps your arrival at the place where you are staying had already been noticed to immigration and entered in the database.

Perhaps your arrival at the place where you are staying had already been noticed to immigration and entered in the database.

I put a different address for the TM-7 extension from the address in the arrival card (TM-6). As far as I can tell, of the almost 40 people than I observed while waiting, not a single person was asked for TM-30.

Another note from my experience at Samut Prakan Immi office, I was told they won't do an extension unless the address in TM-7 and TM-30 are not Samut Prakan address.

why would the foreigner submit a tm30 form? that form is submitted by the landlord/owner not the tenant/ guest.

It depends on the circumstances.

It is the responsibility of the manager of a hotel or guest house to notify Immigration of an alien residing at that place.

In he case of a private residence, the responsibility falls on the landlord, owner, or tenant to notify Immigration.

The Immigration Act states;

Section 38. The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

Section 4 defines the house master (the person responsible) as;

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

My landlady lives in another province. outside of the jurisdiction of the local Immigration office. When I moved in I had to notify Immigration of my new address anyway. I completed a TM28 and TM30 and submitted them both together, along with copies of the landladies ID card and Tabian Baan. As I was the chief possessor and the only tenant of the property, Immigration accepted my signature, no problems.

Who is resposible for submission of the TM30 in these circumstances?

House "owned" via 30 year lease by foreigners with yellow book.

House is then rented to other foreigners. Basically a sub let?

The blue book held by Thai national providing the lease so in effect still housemaster and would have to submit the TM30 for the new tenants or not?

The blue book held by Thai national providing the lease so in effect still housemaster and would have to submit the TM30 for the new tenants or not?

The holder of the 30 year lease would do the report.

• Like 1

Greetings.

I own my own apartment and I'm a foreigner. Do I have to submit the TM30 myself or I have to ask the condo management to do it?

When do I have to submit (if I have a single entry tourist visa) the form? When I go to immigration@ promenada to do my 30 days extension? Or upon arrival at Chiang Mai?

Thank you.

Greetings.

I own my own apartment and I'm a foreigner. Do I have to submit the TM30 myself or I have to ask the condo management to do it?

When do I have to submit (if I have a single entry tourist visa) the form? When I go to immigration@ promenada to do my 30 days extension? Or upon arrival at Chiang Mai?

Thank you.

Since you are the owner.you do he report yourself. You should do the report when you arrive.

• Like 1

Thanks UJ

Sending by registered post what additional documents are required in addition to TM30 and the form detailing tenant information? Tenant passport copies etc?

And I guess a stamp addressed envelope for return of receipt?

I was given a TM30 form to fill in when I went for a re-entry permit at Chaeng Wattana last year. I told them I just rent the condo I live in but they told me to fill it in myself anyway. They also said to always keep it in the passport but I don't know if they've ever looked for it when I've done extensions or anything since.

Greetings.

Thank you.

Since you are the owner.you do he report yourself. You should do the report when you arrive.
Kindly advise how I should do the report. Do I have to go to promenada specially to report?

Thank you.

Thanks UJ

Sending by registered post what additional documents are required in addition to TM30 and the form detailing tenant information? Tenant passport copies etc?

A TM30 has to be done in person. Only a 90 day report can be done by mail.

• Like 2

Thanks UJ

From Chiangmai Imm website FAQ

"2. Question : What do the house-master/owner or possessor of the residence have to do,if the alien granted temporary stay in Thailand has stayed in his/her house/residence? (Is it possible for an agent to do for?)

Answer : He/She (The owner of the residence) must notify (by the Form TM.30) to the competent official Of the Immigration Office located in the same area of that house/residence within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien. However, such notification could be made in person or by an agent or sent with completed Form( TM.30) by registered post."

"2. Question : What do the house-master/owner or possessor of the residence have to do,if the alien granted temporary stay in Thailand has stayed in his/her house/residence? (Is it possible for an agent to do for?)

Answer : He/She (The owner of the residence) must notify (by the Form TM.30) to the competent official Of the Immigration Office located in the same area of that house/residence within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien. However, such notification could be made in person or by an agent or sent with completed Form( TM.30) by registered post."

And Bangkok main immigration web site. Has anyone tried using the mail in method successfully?

• In person at the respective office, or
  • Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
  • By registered mail, or
  • Via internet.

Mailing them by mail is not mentioned in the immigration act so I suspect most offices would refuse a mailed in report.

The manager of our Moo Baan called Chiang Mai immigration and the confirmed that they will not accept form TM30 by post despite it being on their website.

In the case of Chiang Mai form TM30 should be submitted at the airport immigration,

Docs required:

TM30, Plus the additional form that has the tenant(s) info.

Signed copies of the tenant(s) passport(s)

Blue or Yellow house book + signed copies.

Housemaster ID and signed copy.

At least that how it is today! 1507625.GIF

• Like 1

You can always try for a login to the online system.

My wife got one yesterday, so this means the whole chore basically went away.

She rents out some other places so it seems immigration found it easier to just get her a login. They then walked her through the process and that was that.

(YMMV; my wife is pretty good at these kinds of things.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

You can always try for a login to the online system.

My wife got one yesterday, so this means the whole chore basically went away.

She rents out some other places so it seems immigration found it easier to just get her a login. They then walked her through the process and that was that.

(YMMV; my wife is pretty good at these kinds of things.)

The initial yes. But you are correct other immigration office are letting you due an online return report thats is separate from your 90 day on line report, Kap Choeng Immigration has been doing this for some time. Need to talk to the Suppression unit and they will walk you through it and issue with a pin number. Milage may very.

And Bangkok main immigration web site. Has anyone tried using the mail in method successfully?

• In person at the respective office, or
  • Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
  • By registered mail, or
  • Via internet.

Mailing them by mail is not mentioned in the immigration act so I suspect most offices would refuse a mailed in report.

The method of reporting is in fact mentioned in the Immigration Act, although only Immigration have copies of the Director Generals regulations.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has

stayed under provision of Para.1 is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the Immigration Division.

Making notification , in reference to the Para 1 and 2 of this Section , must comply with regulations prescribed by the Director General.

Because my landlord lived in a separate Province I asked Amnat about the procedure for supplying a TM30.

They told me that;

1. I could complete the TM30 as the Tenant

2. I could take it in person, by registered mail, or designate another person to hand it in.

They did state that I must attach copies of my landlords ID card and Tabiaan Baan, signed and contact number if sending by mail.

I sent it by EMS, pre paid registered return.

Received the notification portion back 5 days later.

EDIT: If my memory is correct they actually said that a TM47, TM28, TM30 (subject to submitting the correct documentation), anything that had a tear off section that they could return, could be sent by mail.

Only anything requiring a stamp would need to be made in person.

As always, check with your own Immigration Office first.

Edited by Faz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I note that the list of foreigners which a housemaster is required to provide in completing the TM30 form includes a column headed "Expire date of stay" (or "ครบกําหนดอนุญาต" in the Thai language).

This begs the question as to which date those of us who are required to provide a completed TM30 as part of an extension of stay application should be entered here. Our present expiry date? Or the extended date assuming a successful application?

If the former, then it seems to me that the TM30 will be out of date immediately the extension is granted - meaning that, in theory at any rate, a further TM30 will need to be submitted within 24 hours with our extended expiry date!

I note that the list of foreigners which a housemaster is required to provide in completing the TM30 form includes a column headed "Expire date of stay" (or "ครบกําหนดอนุญาต" in the Thai language).

This begs the question as to which date those of us who are required to provide a completed TM30 as part of an extension of stay application should be entered here. Our present expiry date? Or the extended date assuming a successful application?

If the former, then it seems to me that the TM30 will be out of date immediately the extension is granted - meaning that, in theory at any rate, a further TM30 will need to be submitted within 24 hours with our extended expiry date!

A hotel would enter the checking out date.

A rented or owned private residence, you could stay indefinitely, so leave it blank.

I rent and completed my own TM30 in the landladies absence. That's what Immigration told me.

It doesn't mean when does your permission to stay end. It means when you plan to leave the residence (if known).

• Like 1