The end is nigh for Internet trolls

thai tech

The end is nigh for Internet trolls

troll-638x336.jpg

Internet trolls, listen up. Your days are numbered.

Researchers from Cornell and Stanford Universities have created an algorithm that can identify Internet trolls by simply looking at the way they write.

The algorithm is so advanced, it can predict whether or not a person needs banning from studying between five to ten of their previous forum posts or social media comments.

The study entitled Antisocial Behavior in Online Discussion Communities, was part funded by Google and looks at the behaviour of Internet trolls to try and determine what it was that resulted in the being banned from an online community.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/the-end-is-nigh-for-internet-trolls/9224/

From the article

"The study found that trolls tend to post more frequently than regular members and that they normally exhibit poor spelling and grammar throughout their posts."

So if a member is from a non English country and he has poor spelling and grammar he will automatically banned ?

I believe this study is breaching Thai Visa Rules ;) 5555

Edit: SpElLINg what elze ;)

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

Mods and Admins from Thai Visa Forum have created a thread that shows their algorithm by simply looking at their warnings and the way how they treat other members, will shortly be available as a computer program, reports Lost in Isaan, one of the Non troll members on this forum.

Edited by lostinisaan

It was also found that tough or overzealous moderating, as well as harsh feedback directed at trolls from fellow community members was found to only making things worse and could result in an increase in anti social behaviour within the online community, which led those involved in the study to “that communities may play a part in incubating anti social behaviour”.

Hmmmm.

• Like 2

Quick!

Someone grab that graphic for their avatar!

xtroll-638x336.jpg.pagespeed.ic.S2ge-N8K

Ok,I'll bite.

I've saved that photo(looks like me,before my first cup of Tea!)but how on earth do I add as my avatar?.

Answers,not on a postcard please.

^^ Click your name in the top-right of ThaiVisa. Select "My Settings", then

Photo ( Change My Photo )

Thanks,but my name doesn't appear on the right and when I get to settings,all I can change is password or email.

I've tried my iPhone and nexus 7,both the same result. No photo option

^^ Click your name in the top-right of ThaiVisa. Select "My Settings", then

Photo ( Change My Photo )

Thanks,but my name doesn't appear on the right and when I get to settings,all I can change is password or email.

I've tried my iPhone and nexus 7,both the same result. No photo option

OK, Sorry.

It's important to specify that you're using the Android or iOS ThaiVisa Connect client when asking for help, as they are limited feature applications.

Many ThaiVisa "Setting and Features" can only be set or accessed from a Full Web Browser, and may require an operating system (osX, Linux/Unix or Windows) that allows special code to run that manipulate/resize and upload the image to the server.

• Like 2

Quick!

Someone grab that graphic for their avatar!

xtroll-638x336.jpg.pagespeed.ic.S2ge-N8K

Welcome to the Internet. This is called a meme and has been around for many years.
You're welcoming me to the Internets sonny boy? Now that's rich. Why I invented memes. Yeah. That's the ticket.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app