Three vehicles broken into in Phuket Town

webfact

Three vehicles broken into in Phuket Town
Darawan Naknakhon

1429452274_1.jpg
The grey Toyota Fortuner.

PHUKET: -- Police are searching for a group of thieves who stole items from three vehicles in Phuket Town last night (April 18).

At 10:45pm, police were called to investigate the scene in Talad Yai. The thieves used a hard object to break into the doors of the cars, shattering the windows.

Police arrived on Phang Nga Rd in front of Kasikorn Bank where one victim was standing around 30 metres from his car.

Police said that the area where the vehicle was parked was not isolated or dark, it was fully lit up.

The grey Toyota Fortuner was damaged, the window was shattered and a small piece of steel was stuck to the door.

The driver, Jirasak Lawlohakorn, 43, project manager of The Bay Presta told police that he was visiting a friend in the area and when he returned to his car he noticed the shattered glass and discovered that the thief had broke into the vehicle and rummaged through his belongings.

"Eight of my major bank cards were stolen plus other cards. I called the police and notified my banks of the stolen cards," said Mr Jirasak.

Police discovered that a black Toyota Fortuner, three metres away from the first vehicle, had also been broken into.

The thieves again used a hard object to break in, shattering the door on the passenger side. The driver of the car, Italian expat Cossu Salvatore, 65, owner of Salvatore restaurant, told police that the thief broke into the car and went through his belongings but left empty handed.

"I had nothing valuable in the car for them to steal," said Mr Salvatore.

Police said that prior to these two incidents, they received another report of a vehicle broken into, not far from where they were.

The thieves broke into the Toyota Vios on Thalang Road at 8:10pm, via the driver door, but the thieves left empty handed.

Police theorised that two suspects worked together to carry out the thefts and break into the vehicles. One supposedly breaks in, while the other watches out for other people around.

Police are now checking the nearby CCTV to find the suspects and bring them into the station to face the theft at night charge.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/three-vehicles-broken-into-in-phuket-town-51932.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-20

I know Salvatore. Nice guy, lived in my hometown in South America.. Anyways, wife wanted me put the car in the garage after she told me.

I told her that these are druggies. They will break into anything, with flood lights aimed at them. They don't care.coffee1.gif