Costs for maid cleaning and security services

simon43

A friend has bought a condo in the Nai Yang area which he intends to rent out via Airbnb. He lives in Hong Kong.

He asked me if I know of companies that can provide cleaning services (after tenants have vacated), and a security service whereby someone checks the condo every day whilst it is vacant.

I don't know of such service providers, but am interested to know what a typical rate might be for the provision of such services.

How much do chambermaids charge to clean a condo (say half a day's work)?

How much would a security guard charge to check on the condo on a daily basis (15 minutes each day)?

Just want to give him some idea of typical costs so that he doesn't get ripped off :)

The condo he bought will have security built into his monthy fee, and they can supply maid service as required at extra charge.

He is renting out via airbnb which basically turns your condo into a hotel room.

You need someone to check the TV isn't stolen and cleanliness up to standard. Some people only stay a night so you need a proper management company for that.

The condo he bought will have security built into his monthy fee, and they can supply maid service as required at extra charge.

He is renting out via airbnb which basically turns your condo into a hotel room.

You need someone to check the TV isn't stolen and cleanliness up to standard. Some people only stay a night so you need a proper management company for that.

Yes, I know. That's why I suggested his condo management company. I guess he does not want his condo management to rent it out for a %, but he still needs them for services.

A full clean of a 30sqm condo will be 500 not including laundry in Pattaya. Im waiting for the 300 baht per day brigade to say it shouldn't be any more than that lest forgetting travelling time, expenses etc. I have nothing but for praise for Airbnb, no com and more quality tenants than Agoda and booking at my resort.

A full clean of a 30sqm condo will be 500 not including laundry in Pattaya. Im waiting for the 300 baht per day brigade to say it shouldn't be any more than that lest forgetting travelling time, expenses etc. I have nothing but for praise for Airbnb, no com and more quality tenants than Agoda and booking at my resort.

So, at 500 baht for a clean, and extra for laundry, depending on the quality of the condo, and tne per night price it may, or may not, bring in, it might be best for the OP to leave it vacant.

So, at 500 baht for a clean, and extra for laundry, depending on the quality of the condo, and tne per night price it may, or may not, bring in, it might be best for the OP to leave it vacant.

If bookings are for 1 day only then yes but most will be probably be for a longer period which he could specify on his Airbnb listing. The best option is always the condo management company as its inhouse, that should be his first port of call.