Five Injured in Pattaya Island shooting over 'Cat Poo' issues

webfact

Five Injured in Pattaya Island shooting over 'Cat Poo' issues

larn-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- 5 people, all thought to be related, were shot by a Resort Owner, over the placement of “Cat Poo” in front of his house by an angry neighbor who is also related to him.

The bizarre and potentially deadly incident occurred on the beach at the Na Ban Village on Larn Island, 4kms off the coast of Pattaya and resulted in the eventual arrest of Khun Wanchai aged 50, who is the owner of the Jaroenchai Seaview Resort, and has been in-dispute with his neighbor, who is also related to him, over allegations that his pet cats are constantly defecating in the Na Ban Village.

When Khun Wanchai arrived home on Wednesday, he found Cat feces placed in front of his gate and instantly knew who placed it there. In a fit of rage he picked up a shotgun and targeted his neighbor, Khun Kwunruan aged 51, her Husband, Daughter and two other females in the area were caught in cross fire.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/186362/five-injured-in-pattaya-island-shooting-over-cat-poo-issues/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-23

• Like 1

Quarrel over cat poo leads to shooting

Pattaya: – A resort owner on Ko Larn fired a shotgun injuring five people following a heated argument with a neighbour over the dumping of cat faeces, police said.

Witnesses told police that Wanchai Somjai, 50 has a longstanding feud with his relative and neighbour Kwanruen Chanpad, 51.

Wanchai manages his Charoenchai Resort and Kwanruen has tourism-related business.

The two often quarrelled with one another over a number of issues.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/819468-quarrel-over-cat-poop-leads-to-shooting/

cross fire? would that mean they were both shooting?

or do they mean, this madman with a gun went on a rampage shooting innocents?

what is in the water, air, food overhere ?

something that shrinks the brains & balls of most men ? hence so many violence & ladyboys ?

I don't really know how to comment on this, what i do know is the laptop needed coffee cleaning off it after reading this stuff. I better go and check our front door, as we are not liked by the neighbours and I'm now wondering if we have been left any gifts hahaha

• Like 1

ive got the same problem where i live

cats everywhere

but im targeting the cats not the owners

I agree, deal wt the cat.. very easy.. just use a water pistol and shoot water at the cat, they hate it.. and they will remember not to come over and poo.. biggrin.png

cross fire? would that mean they were both shooting?

or do they mean, this madman with a gun went on a rampage shooting innocents?

what is in the water, air, food overhere ?

something that shrinks the brains & balls of most men ? hence so many violence & ladyboys ?

........................"cross fire? would that mean they were both shooting?

or do they mean, this madman with a gun went on a rampage shooting innocents?"...........................

I think if you read the op you would not have to ask such questions. It explains what happened in plain English.

As far as the water, air and food goes, don't think you can blame them for what a psycho does when he flips out.

Koh Larn used to be a lovely place. Then the Northern beach (know as Taweng beach, an exceptional site) was transformed into an ugly tourist factory, mainly for Chinese groups. However, other beaches like Had Nual, Had Samae and Had Thian remained highly attractive and wonderful, very reminiscent actually of the 'postcard beaches' one usually associates with Samui or Phuket.

Then came the Russians and they took over Had Nual (the Southern beach). So long Had Nual.

Then came the developers who turned Had Samae (West) into a block of concrete, surrounded with walls and barbed wire, ending with an architectural eyesore at the end of the beach. Samae was also invaded by the Russians, but Had Thian (not far from there) was still a lovely little cove where everything was near perfect except for the team of rude and unpleasant local ganstas who ran the jetski scam business.

Then the Russians took over Had Thian as well.

Most of the Europeans, Americans and Australians expats that I know around here say the same thing : "Koh Larn ? Nope, I don 't go there anymore. Yes, it used, until fairly recently, to be a secret paradise just 20' away from crazy Pattaya".

My first trip to Koh Larn was some 25 years ago. I went back, again and again, and loved it every time. And then, about 2 years ago, the radical changes started to happen, and well, to put it mildly, it's not on my 'nice place list' any more.

And one more thing, I never found the Koh Larn inhabitants to be very friendly, save for a few exceptions. No smiles, no acknowledgment of regular customers, no nice behaviour. But I don't think it's a Koh Larn problem, or has anything to do with Thailand or Asia, for that matter. I think it's an island phenomenon. On most islands around the world there is an 'us and them' mentality, an insular attitude whereby visitors are seen as an inevitable plague which must be milked as much as possible (they often are the only serious financial resource anyway) but absolutely not respected, let alone liked.

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1