Re-con parts

overherebc

If there is in Thailand I havent managed to find any. Triumph BSA.

I am a Triumph enthusiast (had3 & hoping to get another soon). Many of the clubs have links to parts firms that deal with international orders.

Might be worth googling Triumph/Australia or NZ. Lots of interest over there and 1/2 the delivery distance.

Seen many 1940/50"s BSA & Triumphs at Thai Bike Party's/shows

Edited by DILLIGAD

The question is, is it possible to send parts overseas and get the same parts back, without paying any import taxes? That would be a very interesting way to overhaul engines. Get top quality machining and lose only fright costs. Someone have experience on this?

Fatfather

There is a bike shop in Suttihsan by a son and father team. The shop mostly works on dirt bike and motards, but they have some classic old Triumphs in the back that the old man has done up. I think the name is 47 Bike or 49 Bike. See if they can be of any help.

Here is a map

https://goo.gl/maps/0naet

Shop is on Jip Damri Alley and between Suttiphong 4 Alley and Noi Chan Alley

• Like 1

Thailand has a option to send foreign made products back to the country they where made for service without paying tax when the product gets back to Thailand.

Sounds like a plan.

Can we be sure it would cover motorcycle engine parts, ie, re-line barrels and replace all the parts on a cylinder head..?

Thailand has a option to send foreign made products back to the country they where made for service without paying tax when the product gets back to Thailand.

Thanks Richard. Any special paperwork to have done before parts leave Thailand to ensure no problems when they return ?

Given that a lot of clubs have members and associates that can produce parts from old drawings or reverse engineering doing CAT scans there may be an opportunity for an enterprising lad to build replicas of mouthwatering classics here in LOS.

I'll have a Vincent Black Shadow "C" if you please. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Given that a lot of clubs have members and associates that can produce parts from old drawings or reverse engineering doing CAT scans there may be an opportunity for an enterprising lad to build replicas of mouthwatering classics here in LOS.

I'll have a Vincent Black Shadow "C" if you please. http://static.thaivisa.com/

I reckon you'd need to join the queue for that one.

forum//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif