Days of Phuket jet-ski extortion 'are over'

webfact

Funny thing is they actually believe their own BS cheesy.gif

Actually they don't but they do believe that if they say it with a serious face to anyone who is thai, the Thai is obliged to pretend that they believe every word......especially if they are socially inferior...

• Like 2

Now there are ZERO problems from Jest Skis

In other news: Police found Zero drunk drivers during Song Kran and Thailand has discovered the vaccine for Ebola

If you say it loud and often enough, it must be true ?

A Thai hospital did actually claim to have found a cure for Ebola. Strange that it never made the international news and was never used by those dealing with the problem.

On the other hand - anyone foolish enough to hire a Jet Ski from these beach guys must reap the downside of their decision. I really have no sympathy for those folks who hire a Jet Ski and get scammed for damage.

Yep. Clearly, the victim is to blame here.

The jet ski operators are of the same opinion.

• Like 1

Note there was no mention of the fact that under Thai law no person may operate such a craft without a Thai Captains licence. So effectively the officials allow operators and tourists to break the law ... and yes all to make sure the MONEY keeps on flowing.

I wonder if any Thai official can spell the word ... FARCE

Or French or Dutch officials ??? also argreeing to these proposals???

What a load of BS on all parts.

I have never had a problem with these pirates in Hua Hin or Rayong ( koh samed ) so why is it that these t**ts get away with it or feel the need to do it in places that are obviously more lucrative in the fact that there are greater tourist punters? Greed that is the only reason!!

Actually, one would have thought that years ago, after the death of Kirsty McColl ( a famous European pop star) something would have been done sooner. But, hey, only now that tourist numbers are dropping and that Thailand as a tourist attraction is visible on the internet, is something actually being done. Even if it is still slowly and half heartedly, but hey again, TIT. Same same with Son Kran traffic accidents, --- ok until next year again .

Edited by daiwill60

Well , there has not been reported any incidents about jet ski scams for a long time in Phuket so maybe the mafia that used to be in control had to give up ? I think it's good news.

Funny thing is they actually believe their own BS cheesy.gif

Actually they don't but they do believe that if they say it with a serious face to anyone who is thai, the Thai is obliged to pretend that they believe every word......especially if they are socially inferior...

yes indeed , because they want to spread happiness across the land. KHAOW JAI MAI?

How about this Idea:

Have several people hired and permanently attached to any Jet Ski operation and video tape them from the time they start to the time they finish...every second, every minute, every hour, every day, every week, every month, every year...forever ......if need be.

Low cost video tape monitoring and the means to keep them in check.

However...no matter which way you try to stop or curb the scam it will be corrupted, sooner or later, while the scam will continue.

Cheers

Greed makes people really inventive wink.png

And next week is scheduled for the lift off of their manned mission to Mars to establish new resorts. Preliminary reports state the first to be constructed will be the Red Sands Inn.

whistling.gif

Yes hopefully for the Russians to go stay at.

On the other hand - anyone foolish enough to hire a Jet Ski from these beach guys must reap the downside of their decision. I really have no sympathy for those folks who hire a Jet Ski and get scammed for damage.

So we get it; you're not big on sympathy. We can only hope you never might appreciate any yourself. Pride cometh before the fall (I'm Buddhist).

If you (like myself) have lived here for many years, the dangers are well known and should be avoided. I think, however, that the average US, UK, German, French, Chinese, Russian, etc tourist who arrives here for their once in a lifetime visit to this beautiful country might be a bit more naive and less informed or experienced about the situation here than you or I.

In my opinion just because they are naive or ill-informed is no reason to say "Oh well, they deserved what they got".

I hope my son will pay me a visit here from the US this year, and if he does we will keep him very close to us at all times (as I do with visiting customers). We'll help him (and his girlfriend) to see and appreciate all the considerable natural and cultural beauty that is here. We will introduce him to some of the most wonderful and beautiful people on the planet. We will also be sure they avoid the downside and dangers that can manifest here.

I would agree that travelers to anywhere should bring their "street smarts" and brains along with them on vacation. Thailand is not unique in this regard. I remember a few decades ago living in San Francisco the locals wore T-shirts saying "I'm on vacation and so is my brain" in response to irresponsible tourist behavior.

Driving around Bangkok, I'm often amazed at the absolutely brain dead stuff farang tourist pedestrians do in traffic. It's only because of my (and Thai drivers around me) alert, anticipative and understanding response that some of these people are still alive. Maybe we need a T-shirt similar to what was worn in SF. In this, yes, I'm saying that there are many good Thai drivers in Thailand.

All that said, a little understanding is maybe in order for first time tourists who do bring their brains and street smarts with them, but who are ill-informed about specific issues they might face here.

• Like 2

So what will the police, authorities, politicians jetski operators do to make up for the lost income now?

We'll have to wait and see with what they come up next to scam the tourists with.

Perhaps,...oops the condom must have broke and your going to be a daddy so pay up for child support in advance.

2000 baht per month or 30000 baht once off and we forget I was going to carry your child...???

Edited by CapeThai

Firstly I very much doubt the problem has gone away forever.

But now we got soppy EU 'officials' wanting to bring in nanny state type rules.... a helmet may be justified but gloves seems excessive.

Can't get people to wear them on motorcycles!

• Like 1

I feel like deliberately crashing one and testing his theory.

Why deliberately crash one------- most of the people get scammed have not crashed but did not see that little scratch underneath that will cost 20,000 to repair coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I feel like deliberately crashing one and testing his theory.

Why deliberately crash one------- most of the people get scammed have not crashed but did not see that little scratch underneath that will cost 20,000 to repair coffee1.gif

Because it's now going to be an insurance scam...

• Like 1

Note there was no mention of the fact that under Thai law no person may operate such a craft without a Thai Captains licence. So effectively the officials allow operators and tourists to break the law ... and yes all to make sure the MONEY keeps on flowing.

I wonder if any Thai official can spell the word ... FARCE

Is a captains licenec required to operate a jetski anywhere in the world?

If you buy your own do you need a licence?

I know you can spell the word FARCE but it also allpies to your post.