Water wars leave beach vendors high and dry

Rimmer

Water wars leave beach vendors high and dry

n5quiet-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--With many tourists choosing to spend their days in Koh Larn and expats fleeing the city to escape the water-soaked pandemonium of Songkran in Pattaya, the mainland’s beach vendors said the Thai New Year holiday was a slow one for them.

Even after being given permission to work on Wednesdays, when the beach is usually emptied of chairs and umbrellas, vendors said they felt they were stranded on an island, with customers unwilling to brave the water wars to get to the sand.

Jomtien and Dongtan beaches were virtually deserted April 15 as tourists and locals bombarded Beach Road with water guns, hoses and buckets.

Many tourists, particularly throngs of Chinese visitors, went straight to Bali Hai Pier to catch ferries to peaceful Koh Larn while many westerners and families stayed at their busy hotels. Expats and long-term visitors simply left Thailand for neighboring countries.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/water-wars-leave-beach-vendors-high-and-dry-46419#sthash.S5RZLjF0.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-04-24 footer_n.gif

I had visitors from Australia I put them in the back of my pickup with my wife and a couple of her girl friends loaded up barrels of water, small buckets and water pistols and drove them to Pattaya along 2 rd to Soi 6 down to beach road and did this 3 times took 4 hours to do the 3 circuits. From the screams and laughter coming from the back they were having a ball. My friends both in their 60s said it was the best fun they have had standing up and would not have missed it for the world. They were amazed at the friendlyness of the people and how much everyone was enjoying the festival

• Like 2