Phuket big biker rider dies in crash on way to Goldwing Cup

Lite Beer

Phuket big biker rider dies in crash on way to Goldwing Cup

1429873476_1.jpg

The two on the bike were travelling to the Goldwing Cup.

PHUKET: A big bike rider from Kathu was killed instantly and his passenger seriously injured after crashing into a tree during bad weather on the Asia 41 Rd in Chumpon province today (April 24).

At 11:45am, Lamae Investigator ,Lt Chamnarn Kongtong was called to the scene of an accident where a big bike had reportedly skidded on a slippery road surface and crashed into the tree on Asia 41Rd in Lamae district.

Upon arrival at the scene police found the body of Boonsong Witeewai, 52, from Kathu and Doungdein Witeewai, 49, with a broken leg and scratches to her body. Not far from them was a wrecked Honda Goldwing lying in a bush.

Police learned that Mr & Mrs Witeewai left Phuket and were travelling to Uthai Thani to attend the Goldwing Cup Thailand. They were driving behind two other motorbikes driven by their friends, slipped on the wet road, lost control and crashed.

Police have taken the body of the deceased man and the injured woman to Lamae hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-big-biker-rider-dies-in-crash-on-way-to-goldwing-cup-52020.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-24

My #1 Rule about riding in the rain - DON'T!

I traveled all over the US for 4 years on a Ninja 650. If it was raining, don't go anywhere. If I was on the road and it started raining, slow down, pull off the road and wait it out. I loved the bike, I loved the travel, but not worth getting killed over.

• Like 1

Wet roads.............Thursday I was coming from Tri Trang to Patong after a shower, the ambulance was like a bus pickup, crashed riders at the top of the hill as well as the bottom. Be careful out there !

After the long dry season, the roads have a lot of oil and dirt. With a bit of rain, water mixed with oil makes the surface sometimes really slippery. I have had couple of near accidents.

It amazes me how when rain starts most road users in Thailand just carry on at same speeds with no thought of breaking distance and tail gating etc, full throttle down the straights then all on around bends and corners, raving nutters...?

RIP to the biker and hope his Mrs recovers ok... a biker down is never good, be safe out there

Edited by Lokie