No-rejection ‘All Thai Taxi’ service rolls out Monday

Lite Beer

By Coconuts Bangkok

allthai.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A new taxi service that promises to never reject fares will hit Bangkok’s streets Monday.

Operated by well-known bus company Nakhon Chai Air, All Thai Taxi will launch a trial run Monday with 40 Toyota Hybrid Prius that can be hailed via a smartphone app.

The service charges a THB20 fee while the meter start at THB35. The “All Thai Taxi” application will also be available for download on Monday.

Read More: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/04/25/no-rejection-all-thai-taxi-service-rolls-out-monday

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-04-25

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news.

Unfortunately, 40 taxis in BKK is a needle in the haystack.

Hope the others will follow their example.

It's 40 taxis for the trial run, then expanded to 100 taxis when the actual service launches in May. It's all in the article.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A guarantee that all drivers will use their meters will help.

The owners of the Althaitaxi service, Nakorn Chai Air have already said:

- The meter charge is automatically based on the standard & published LTO scale of Baht amount by distance. There is a 35Baht flag fall plus 20Baht phone order service.

- The hi-tech data equipment in the car will be analyzed continuously to ensure there are no strange 'bumps' in the whole process including a comparison of receipts issued to customers compared to cash in hand, compared to trips assigned from their control centre.

- GPS data will be watched to ensure the vehicles are making appropriate progress throughout each trip and not speeding, and the sign on the top of the vehicles indicates the current speed of the vehicle, and more.

- All of the Allthaitaxi drivers are direct employees of the company, and have an appropriate driving license. They are not freelance drivers and not people who have rented a car for a day as is the current practice with 99% of taxis on the roads.

- Salaries to their driving staff will be attractive.

- The parent company Nakorn Chai Air have already done the hard work to develop a good business / operational model and they have much safer operations than any other bus company in Thailand. Actually they also have a license to start up a domestic airline but this seems to be on hold at the moment.

- I will use this service as often as I can and if the drivers are polite, customer focused & drive safely I will always give a separate appropriate tip.

Edited by scorecard

You can have the bat mobile for a taxi and it wouldn't make a different if the drivers are the same

drivers as the old taxis... educate the drivers to be proud in what they do and the service they

provide....

Grab Taxi's drivers have set the bar at a high level. I've only encountered 1 bad driver with them and that was due to him getting lost and trying to rip us off. He no longer works for grab taxi. If All Thai Taxi's drivers are as good as or better than grab taxi's then the taxi business in BKK is slowly heading in the right direct. Slowly slowly (Cha Cha). The only service I hope they can perform, that grab taxi cannot, and it comes under the NO RJECTION banner, if I book a taxi 12 hours before I need it will that booking be rejected or accepted. At the present time grab taxi cannot guarantee advance bookings like this. If All Thai Taxi can, then I will switch my allegiance to All Thai Taxi.

Geez Louise....can we please stop all the mind torture and get this taxi cab affair over and done with.

Just raise the kick off rate to 60 Baht or raise the per kilometer rate so the Taxi drivers are making some money for sure and help put an end to this squabble about not making any money and the need to try to over charge some way or another.

As for the No Rejection aspect.....how can that be enforced while really there is only a small percent that refuse to go....so we will have to live with that aspect of the taxi industry while they try to find a way to enforce it........but how????

All part of living in Thailand although it is a negative part that will have to be tolerated until they find a concrete solution....but do not hold your breath.

Personally, I think they should sell soft drinks and snacks and other saleable items in the taxi cab if they want to make some extra income....maybe condoms and personal lubricants would be popular and profitable....lol

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A guarantee that all drivers will use their meters will help.

The owners of the Althaitaxi service, Nakorn Chai Air have already said:

- The meter charge is automatically based on the standard & published LTO scale of Baht amount by distance. There is a 35Baht flag fall plus 20Baht phone order service.

- The hi-tech data equipment in the car will be analyzed continuously to ensure there are no strange 'bumps' in the whole process including a comparison of receipts issued to customers compared to cash in hand, compared to trips assigned from their control centre.

- GPS data will be watched to ensure the vehicles are making appropriate progress throughout each trip and not speeding, and the sign on the top of the vehicles indicates the current speed of the vehicle, and more.

- All of the Allthaitaxi drivers are direct employees of the company, and have an appropriate driving license. They are not freelance drivers and not people who have rented a car for a day as is the current practice with 99% of taxis on the roads.

- Salaries to their driving staff will be attractive.

- The parent company Nakorn Chai Air have already done the hard work to develop a good business / operational model and they have much safer operations than any other bus company in Thailand. Actually they also have a license to start up a domestic airline but this seems to be on hold at the moment.

- I will use this service as often as I can and if the drivers are polite, customer focused & drive safely I will always give a separate appropriate tip.

we need 400 of these guys on Samui

enough to take on the locals

This is a real step in the right direction, and I will certainly support the service by using it when I can.

Nakon Chai Air have an excellent reputation as a bus company, they may be the ideal company to run this service.

If we all support the service by using it then it is more like to succeed and grow quickly.

OH MY GOD! Someone in Thailand finally grew a brain!

Any experienced cabbie from any country will tell you...if you want to make money...:Don't reject ANY fares"

(I worked part time as a cabbie in Sydney years ago...took the advice from the Taxi Training Company I got my licence through...and it worked.)

Want to go broke and be a miserable cabbie failure? Sit on queues all day or be picky with your fares.

cant think of a stupider choice of car to do it in

No imagination... How about Mr Beans nemesis?

3657546c6c94a86fc80d8255f44d5d17.jpg

I left my imagination at the Thai immigration desk on arrival.

3657546c6c94a86fc80d8255f44d5d17.jpg.pag

So THAT's why there's no imagination in Thailand! It's confiscated at the border! ... Thank God I smuggled mine in (Hidden in my socks)

blink.png

Good news.

Unfortunately, 40 taxis in BKK is a needle in the haystack.

Hope the others will follow their example.

Forever the optimist!

Well done to nakorn chai air, good luck with your new venture and thank you for doing something about the thieves that are driving taxis at the moment, hopefully they will all be put out of business.

Edited by mick01827

As for the No Rejection aspect.....how can that be enforced while really there is only a small percent that refuse to go....so we will have to live with that aspect of the taxi industry while they try to find a way to enforce it........but how????

Based on my observations over the last 8 years of living in Thailand the percent of taxis that refuse a customer is very significant...I see it happening all the time here in Bangkok. Most of my travels are in western Bangkok and I just see refusals happening all the time...and these refusals are to Thais since I don't see many farangs in western Bangkok...refusal to Thais that look perfectly safe, well dressed, etc. It just boils down to if you want to go to some where the taxi driver prefers not to go he/she is probably going to refuse you.

3657546c6c94a86fc80d8255f44d5d17.jpg.pag

So THAT's why there's no imagination in Thailand! It's confiscated at the border! ... Thank God I smuggled mine in (Hidden in my socks)

blink.png

So Thats you with the socks n flip flops on i see daily?

Can they pick people up from Swampy, or will they be attacked with weapons for going near there?

I was wondering the same thing , I would like to try their service next time I land at Swampy.

Edited by balo

All Taxi on the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia are Toyota Prius , that is every Taxi not just a few, don't think their Stupid, many other city's in Australia also run Toyota Prius taxis , think about it, maybe it is not them that is Stupid,,,

All Taxi on the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia are Toyota Prius , that is every Taxi not just a few, don't think their Stupid, many other city's in Australia also run Toyota Prius taxis , think about it, maybe it is not them that is Stupid,,,

Not ideal vehicle for passengers with luggage.International airport and only Prius cabs, sounds like a nightmare.

Im sure the environment loves all that lithium being dug out by the Chinese

Grab Taxi's drivers have set the bar at a high level. I've only encountered 1 bad driver with them and that was due to him getting lost and trying to rip us off. He no longer works for grab taxi. If All Thai Taxi's drivers are as good as or better than grab taxi's then the taxi business in BKK is slowly heading in the right direct. Slowly slowly (Cha Cha). The only service I hope they can perform, that grab taxi cannot, and it comes under the NO RJECTION banner, if I book a taxi 12 hours before I need it will that booking be rejected or accepted. At the present time grab taxi cannot guarantee advance bookings like this. If All Thai Taxi can, then I will switch my allegiance to All Thai Taxi.

I too am a big fan of Grrabtaxi. Their normal service is always a cut above the average, and the new GrabCar service is more expensive, but exceptonally polite service so far. Even have drinks for you in the car!

Uber - I didn't like for the start because they either want a credit card, or even worse your PayPal account details. I eventually tried them with a credit card. The app is nowhere near as clear and easy as GrabTaxi, I worked in IT for 30 years, and the interface for setting start and destination is completely ridiculous, and non-intuitive! Lastly, almost every time I go to use it, I get the message NO UBER CARS AVAILABLE, so never actually managed to get a ride yet!

I'll definitley give the new service a try