Hundreds of illegal workers apprehended

Lite Beer

Hundreds of illegal workers apprehended
Chatchawal Sopapan
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- Para-military rangers and police joined forces to crackdown on a major supplier of illegal workers in Sa Kaew's Aranyaprathet district and rounded up 408 Cambodian workers - 336 males and 72 females - before they were transported to employers yesterday.

The authorities are looking for the Thai investor behind the crime.

Burapha Task Force commander Maj-General Srisak Poonprasit said that after an investigation discovered that Cambodians were smuggled into the Kingdom and transported in a wooded area in Tambon Tha Kham, he assigned the Paramilitary Ranger Company 12 to work with Klong Leuk police to capture illegal workers and their agents.

The team destroyed a makeshift bamboo bridge on the Huai Phrom Hod canal that allowed the Cambodians to cross into the Thai side. Officers have also been assigned to guard the area.

The undocumented workers told police that they looked for jobs in Thailand by paying a Bt2,000 fee per head to agents, who provided pick-up trucks or ban rides for them to go to labour jobs in Bangkok and the central and eastern regions.

They claimed some 1,000 Cambodians had been transported previously.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Hundreds-of-illegal-workers-apprehended-30258763.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-26

Arrest the illegal workers. Fine.

As usual, not a word about the agents or Mr. Bigs - from all countries.

Why?

Or is it so, so difficult to set up a sting to bring these people to justice?

Try reading farther than the headline before posting.

So really they just made an immigration raid on some Cambodians who had crossed into Thailand illegally. The headlines are very misleading as these people were not working when they were caught.

There is no doubt charges for working illegally could be beaten if they tried to beat them as well as beating any charges for their financiers.

Strange. I thought that last year all illegal Cambodians scrambled back home to get all required legal papers and came back already as 'legal aliens'?

Are there no Thai candidates for certain jobs, or is the 300 Baht/day law not enforced?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why?

The money that is made from"Labour Supply" the money usually goes way , way up the ladder

Those rangers need a theme tune, heres an appropriate song

"Theme From Rawhide"

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Rawhide!

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Though the streams are swollen

Keep them doggies rollin',

Rawhide

Rain and wind and weather

Hell bent for leather

Wishin' my gal was by my side

All the things I'm missin'

Good vittles, love and kissin'

Are waiting at the end of my ride

Move 'em on

(Head em' up!)

Head em' up

(Move 'em on!)

Move 'em on

(Head em' up!)

Rawhide!

Cut 'em out

(Ride 'em in!)

Ride 'em in

(Cut em' out!)

Cut 'em out

Ride 'em in,

Rawhide!

Keep movin', movin', movin'

Though they're disaprovin'

Keep them doggies movin',

Rawhide

Don't try to understand 'em

Just rope, throw, and brand 'em

Soon we'll be livin' high and wide

My heart's calculatin'

My true love will be waitin'

Be waitin' at the end of my ride

Move 'em on

(Head em' up!)

Head em' up

(Move 'em on!)

Move 'em on

(Head em' up!)

Rawhide!

Cut em' out

(Ride 'em in!)

Ride 'em in

(Cut em' out!)

Cut em' out

Ride 'em in,

Rawhide!

Yah! (whip crack)

Move 'em on

(Head em' up!)

Head em' up

(Move 'em on!)

Move 'em on

(Head em' up!)

Rawhide!

Cut em' out

(Ride 'em in!)

Ride 'em in

(Cut em' out!)

Cut em' out

Ride 'em in,

Rawhide!

Rollin' rollin',rollin'

Rollin' rollin' rollin' Yah! (whip crack)

Rollin' rollin' rollin'

Rollin' rollin' rollin'

Rawhiiide

Yah! (whip crack)

Rawhide!

Why?

Try reading farther than the headline before posting.

'Looking for' does not mean finding or bringing to justice.....you haven't been in Thailand very long have you?

• Like 2

...please do not pretend that it is 'so hard' to find the organizers....

...and what about the 'employers'....what charges or fines if any.....

...methinks a foreigner in the same position would 'have the book thrown at him'.....

• Like 1

...please do not pretend that it is 'so hard' to find the organizers....

...and what about the 'employers'....what charges or fines if any.....

...methinks a foreigner in the same position would 'have the book thrown at him'.....

That is blasphemy, wash your mouth out with soap and water.

• Like 1

The Cambodia government seems to be MIA in this action. I would think the two constituional monarchies would work closely to prevent Cambodians from illegally crossing the Thai border. Especially since Prayut has established a friendly immigrant-worker system that would eliminate human trafficking brokers. Yet, Cambodians seem to continue to be motivated to illegally enter Thailand for work.

Something is wrong on the Thai side. Prayut wants to build a border fence along Thailand's border with Malaysia. Maybe he should consider a similar fence between Cambodia and Mayanmar. Thailand can become the Hub of Being Fended In.

The Cambodia government seems to be MIA in this action. I would think the two constituional monarchies would work closely to prevent Cambodians from illegally crossing the Thai border. Especially since Prayut has established a friendly immigrant-worker system that would eliminate human trafficking brokers. Yet, Cambodians seem to continue to be motivated to illegally enter Thailand for work.

Something is wrong on the Thai side. Prayut wants to build a border fence along Thailand's border with Malaysia. Maybe he should consider a similar fence between Cambodia and Mayanmar. Thailand can become the Hub of Being Fended In.

With the more close military cooperation between Thailand and China and with China willing to provide expertise, manpower and financing, we might soon have a new tourist attraction in Thailand: The Great Wall

• Like 1

Bad bad illegal workers. Bad bad. w00t.gif

Sighfacepalm.gif

If you can overcome your melancholy, could you explain your post? Are you saying illegal immigration and workers is not so bad?

Show me the Thais who are willing to work in the sun moving bricks for peanuts.

Edited by Kaalle

Sighfacepalm.gif

If you can overcome your melancholy, could you explain your post? Are you saying illegal immigration and workers is not so bad?

What is the relevance to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION and ILLEGAL WORKERS?

Sighfacepalm.gif

What is the relevance to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION and ILLEGAL WORKERS?

Burmese without papers doing work that nobody else wants to do is not something I would interpret as "bad". That was my point.

the thing is these people work harder than most Thais, so i think Thailand is shooting itself in the foot again.

So, if or when Britain is importing a load of cheaper foreign workers, is this good for Britain ? If Britain removes those foreigners who are doing un-skilled and semi-skilled jobs, does that mean Britain is shooting itself in the foot ? I personally think it will benefit Britain if the cheaper foreigners are removed, and British workers are paid a higher wage to do the same work. And I reckon Thailand should do the same thing.

Why bring in a load of cheaper foreigners to compete or replace your own local workers ?