Thai passport renewal in Pattaya?

Eff1n2ret

I've noted one or two old threads mentioning the Passport Office having a service in Pattaya, but I can't find anything on any website that suggests this is still running. Presumably the missis has to schlep to Bagna as she did 5 years ago?

Edited by Eff1n2ret

Was open last week. Ground floor at the back of The Avenue.

A picture taken in Feb 2014:

(seems to have been opened on June 3, 2013)

post-99794-0-65357000-1430037920_thumb.j

If only I could find the pictures I have taken of the office itself.

Maybe deleted.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a lot quieter than it was last Fall when we last used it.

I wouldn't say so. We went there on Thursday last, arrived soon after 10.00hrs. The missis' ticket number was 210, numbers at the counter then were around 70. It was 15.45hrs before we paid and were walking out. I noticed a guy sitting near us had ticket number 330. I can't imagine how they got to him before closing time (16.30).

At least it's easy to go shopping and get something to eat while you're waiting. Far better than driving to Bangkok.

So your problem was going at 10.00, My wife went two weeks ago, monday 8.30 am and was in and out in 35 minutes. Had new passport on the thursday,

great service

The early bird catches the worm.

Compared to the collapsing public service at my previous place of stay (Berlin) the service here is excellent.

Berlin: online booking for an appointment in four to six weeks or take a sleeping bag to camp and wait for the tickets to be distributed.

After 30 mins or so: queue closed.

Or book a "ticket agent" (a student job).

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 8 months later...

Ministry of Foreign Affair's service is always excellent, when I accompanied my significant other to get the first passport all those years ago in Sri Ayuddhaya road in the heart of Bangkok, and at Chaeng Wattana and Central Bangna...

The staff seem to treat people with respect compared to most other government types in Amphur office..

even the endless queue of bargirls getting their passports in Pattaya didn't seem to break their spirit either

• 3 months later...

The early bird catches the worm.

Compared to the collapsing public service at my previous place of stay (Berlin) the service here is excellent.

Berlin: online booking for an appointment in four to six weeks or take a sleeping bag to camp and wait for the tickets to be distributed.

After 30 mins or so: queue closed.

Or book a "ticket agent" (a student job).

Hey I need to bump this topic and ask about booking an appointment time for my wife? Do you know the website to make the appointment? I have looked around at the MFA passport info and cannot see anything there.

Thanks

??

You quoted my off-topic story (sorry for that). "Berlin:", nothing to do with Thailand.

Just to show how bad the situation can be in a "western" country.

I am not aware that you need an appointment for the Pattaya passport office.

I hope someone can confirm.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Ok now I see,,,,dahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Some friend of my wife told her that it was necessary to make appointments at the Pattaya office but I am only getting this 3rd or 4th hand so maybe not so accurate.

Every MFA web site I read re: Thai passports makes not mention of any appointment system.

You can just turn up but there is a notice outside the office recommending you make an appointment by Internet. But my girlfriend said there was no info on how to do it!

And the question remains.

How would someone book an appointment online?

I guess you must go there and enter the office and wait to ask someone how to do it.

Anyone out there ever made an appointment for their Thai spouse/GF?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2016 at 9:12 PM, MagnumForce said:

https://www.passport.in.th/

Pattaya Passport Office were marvellous today. Arrived at 8am. Filled out the forms. In the door at 8.30am. Out again about 9.15am. If only other offices could even try to imitate this level of service. Bravo Pattaya Passport Office! :clap2:

Where is the Pattaya Passport Office ????