What work would you do in Thailand if you were allowed to?

In the UK I was a musician, driver, had taxi, HGV and PSV licences, and was also a private investigator.

I would not be allowed to do any of those jobs here in Thailand.

What about you? Is there work you are qualified to do and would like to do here

but are not allowed to?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the old country I was an accountant but I always wanted to be a pimp and manage many girls.

Unfortunately all the positions have been taken in Thailand, so I can't see that I will ever fulfil my dream.

How do you know all the positions have been taken up? Have you been trying? you naughty boy.

Back in the old country I was an accountant but I always wanted to be a pimp and manage many girls.

Unfortunately all the positions have been taken in Thailand, so I can't see that I will ever fulfil my dream.

let me guess Costas, you looked after the Greek treasury ?.....so the reason Greece is in such a mess is down to you ?

let me guess Costas, you looked after the Greek treasury ?.....so the reason Greece is in such a mess is down to you ?

It could have been worse, they could have had someone like Gordon Brown, to steal from peoples pensions or sold of their gold.

That's if they had any in the first place.

It could have been worse, they could have had someone like Gordon Brown, to steal from peoples pensions or sold of their gold.

That's if they had any in the first place.

I suspect it was Costas who cleaned out the Greek treasury and did a runner and is hiding out in Thailand on the lam...

I'd be an English teacher....oh wait...

No, seriously, I'd like to be a craft beer brewer or a coffee barista.

Or a politician. In fact, forget about brewing beer and coffee. I'd work in politics in Thailand, formulating policy, speech writing and PR, I reckon the current government could use a bit of assistance with that. I'd be like the Malcolm Tucker of Thai politics.

Well, why not?

Edited by pinkpanther99

Hey Costas, why don't YOU get a manager...... then you could stop handling yourself. says I, tongue in cheek.

Sorry mate, I just had to.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would work in the Oil & Gas industry as a Lead Engineer

a lead engineer in what discipline ? rolleyes.gif width=20 alt=rolleyes.gif> there is no such position as an "O&G lead Engineer"

That my friend is were you are wrong. There is Lead Engineer and in my case in ICT

Edited by gandalf12

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would work in the Oil & Gas industry as a Lead Engineer

a lead engineer in what discipline ? rolleyes.gif width=20 alt=rolleyes.gif> there is no such position as an "O&G lead Engineer"

That my friend is were you are wrong. There is Lead Engineer and in my case in ICT

No I am not thumbsup.gif ...

there is no position titled "O&G lead Engineer"...you have just said yourself "in my case in ICT"

there are positions titled for example

Process lead engineer

Structural lead Engineer

Mechanical lead Engineer

Instrument & Electrical lead Engineer

Drilling lead engineer

Completions and intervention lead Engineers

etc

etc