What work would you do in Thailand if you were allowed to?

I would make phatong Ko - the little fried Chinese donuts. I'm already a dab hand at home.

You wake up early, pull on a pair of shorts, fry up a few donuts - you never see a stall with excess that he can't sell, there is always a big queue of people, they can't fry them quick enough.

Make a couple of grand before 8.30 and relax for the rest of the day. Perfect.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dream would be to have a house on stilts by the sea, a piano and guitar for compositions and entertainment, brew or stock only micro brews, quality Euro and Thai food and ALL young (Under 40) female staff and rent out a few rooms. Any necessary male staff will be strictly fenced off and controlled e.g deliveries, maintenance. Then around 9 cute kittens purring around me permanently while the cash rolls in (Which I solely control and all land and property is 100% owned in my name)). Quality beers, food and puss - No need for heaven this is it! Maybe the next life....

Soutpeel

just for you Lead Commissioning Telecom Engineer

I know exactly what ICT is and its not an "O&G lead Engineer" whistling.gif this is not a hard concept to understand

however you could be a "Lead Commissioning Telecom Engineer in the O&G industry" or the proper title would be "Lead Engineer - IT/Comms"

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Soutpeel

just for you Lead Commissioning Telecom Engineer

I know exactly what ICT is and its not an "O&G lead Engineer" alt=whistling.gif> this is not a hard concept to understand

however you could be a "Lead Commissioning Telecom Engineer in the O&G industry" or the proper title would be "Lead Engineer - IT/Comms"

Whatever you want to call it. i used the title that Exxon had for it

If I were allowed, I'd be a PM, I bet I can clean this country up better than any Thai! w00t.gif

before start clean up Thailand, maybe clean up the west first :)
But, but the OP is about Thailand!? If someone let's me rule one of the western countries, I'd get it done quick. The biggest issue I see is the PC BS, as well as some retarded laws and regulations and some in the high up being above the law. But that is a different topic. :)

Back in the old country I was an accountant but I always wanted to be a pimp and manage many girls.

Unfortunately all the positions have been taken in Thailand, so I can't see that I will ever fulfil my dream.

Yeah Costas, I wanted to say the same, exept the accountant part....

But a minister position with the government would be not to bad, seeing high corruption at first hand...Interesting...!

Edited by off road pat

If I were allowed, I'd be a PM, I bet I can clean this country up better than any Thai! w00t.gif

No, you would be dead if you tried it the farang way.

The Thai way keeps account with a lot more factors, and it seems to work. slowly but it works without rocking the boat to much...

What is it with the Farangs ? always thinking they can do any job better than a Thai...?

Like the US trying to control the middle east ! without knowing the delicate connections between different factions...what a mess they have made of it !!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If I were allowed, I'd be a PM, I bet I can clean this country up better than any Thai! alt=w00t.gif>

No, you would be dead if you tried it the farang way.

The Thai way keeps account with a lot more factors, and it seems to work. slowly but it works without rocking the boat to much...

What is it with the Farangs ? always thinking they can do any job better than a Thai...?

Like the US trying to control the middle east ! without knowing the delicate connections between different factions...what a mess they have made of it !!!

Cant disagree with you over the way the US handles things. If you look at statistics they have started a lot of conflict but have never won a war outside of the USA

General IT consultant - meaning self employed. I used to work as a consultant for various US Govt IT agencies advising them how to streamline business processes, find & eliminate redundancies and better manage their IT infrastructure & resources. Toward the end, DC Govt brought me on as a full time employee and I was a program director for a couple of years.

Since I've been here I've had a few offers from international tech companies for some interesting positions but the jobs always require constant bouncing around to different countries and I'm just not up to that any more. If Google or Apple or some similar company opens a data center here I might be interested in some sort of operations management position. I don't think I want to be a director again - too much politics at those appointed positions.

I would really like to do building work, i used to like doing DIY. big or small projects. Would love to show these builders how to use a spirit level, or even own one.

Next door just had the builders in, the driveway runs away from the drains, and the vertical fence panels are way out of level, must be normal here, coz my neighbours just paid up....

Radio presenter. Done it for 47 years in the USA. Not possible here, unless you do it for no pay.

Wrong. You still need a work permit whether you get paid or not. If I lived in one of the cities, I would get to know people, and when they found

out I was a musician, and can also sing, I would have to turn down requests to perform.

I suppose I have been a naughty boy sometimes, when I go to Pattaya with some Farang friends, I have quite often went on stage and did a

couple of songs while playing the bass guitar.

if I were allowed to work in Thailand I would be an undercover policeman and I would cleanse pattaya of all the undesirables and there are a lot I know it would take some time but at the end of the day it would be a better place to live in.

Id like to revert to an old job i did back in scotland and do similar here, I worked for 16 years as a fisherman in the north sea before coming ashore and spending 12 years manufacturing fishing nets, finishing up as operations manager before moving to my current job in the offshore industry,,, id like to help implement conservation methods to the fishing industry in thailand, in scotland I worked closely with the marine lab in designing the fishing nets for them and implementing measures into the fishing industry to help reduce % of younger fish in the catch

Back in the old country I was an accountant but I always wanted to be a pimp and manage many girls.
Unfortunately all the positions have been taken in Thailand, so I can't see that I will ever fulfil my dream.

let me guess Costas, you looked after the Greek treasury ?.....so the reason Greece is in such a mess is down to you ?

It could have been worse, they could have had someone like Gordon Brown, to steal from peoples pensions or sold of their gold.

That's if they had any in the first place.

So you had to suffer that person as well!

if I were allowed to work in Thailand I would be an undercover policeman and I would cleanse pattaya of all the undesirables and there are a lot I know it would take some time but at the end of the day it would be a better place to live in.

Actually I would cleanse Pattaya of the farangs who are wannbee policemen rolleyes.gif