Burmese man killed as he falls into meat grinder in Chonburi City Pet Food Factory

webfact

Burmese man killed as he falls into meat grinder in Chonburi City Pet Food Factory

grinder-1.jpg

PATTAYA; -- Police and medics based in Chonburi City, 50kms outside of Pattaya, attended a gruesome industrial accident on Monday Night which saw a Burmese Factory Worker pulled through a meat grinder.

The accident occurred at the Pet Smart Company who specialize in producing Pet Food and Treats and resulted in the death of Mr. Sor aged 37 who had worked for the company for 5 years and was described by work colleagues as a good worker who did not smoke or drink.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/187937/burmese-man-killed-as-he-falls-into-meat-grinder-in-chonburi-city-pet-food-factory/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-28

• Like 1

Quite likely there is no device that would prevent a person from falling into the machine. It would be important to look if there was such device at one time, and look into why the device was removed. Another life lost which likely could have been prevented. I highly doubt an intake that could pull a person into it is required to grind up meat to make dog food.

As long as there is demand for low prices or the increase of margins, safety in every aspect will be neglected.

That counts for road safety, safety at construction sites, safety in factories, etc.

I always smile when I see the slogan on trucks, factories and building sites: "Safety First!"

And yet there are those who often complain about the nanny state. After all experience has taught us that you can always rely on manufacturers or any form of employer for that matter to voluntarily spend money on workers safety its just something they would do anyway.

• Like 1

they actually took a picture of that and spread on websites like this

disguesting

other times, you have to go look up a picture of a person, because it is not included on this site

but crap like this, no problem ?

in the real world this type of industrial accident/death would bring the wrath of half a dozen safety agencies, insurance, labor monitors, responsible inspectors, owners, and front line management into public focus and under intense investigation as well as immediate factory shutdown .

the law suits filed and amounts awarded against the company, and its owners/partners could/should be huge ( in the millions of baht) so that every thai company is made aware of their responsibility to provide a safe work place.

the name ''pet smart compnay'' should have all comp[any safety records, age of company, markets they sell to, owners, etc made public as to set an exa,mple to other compnies operating under lax/non existent safey regulations.

• Like 1

The only way to be pulled through a meat grinder is to be "helped" through

This one takes the cake, in terms of gruesome reality

no emoticon fits the bill here

I checked

Wrong. Grinders have large augers that feed the mixing-grinding mechanism. Arm or leg gets caught in the intake auger, in you go...fast.

I guess nobody's here has ever seen a wood chipper before. There's no pushing involved. Just feed in the tip and the rest gets sucked in. Likely the same happened here. Hand gets caught and I just pulled his body in. And no its not instantaneous death.. Its inch by inch in you go.

Words cant describe how bad a way to go it would be.

I wonder if the owner will go to court for not having a barrier/guard in place?

The only way to be pulled through a meat grinder is to be "helped" through

Already three conspiracy theories, of which this is one.

For some people, simple, gruesome reality is not "entertainment" enough.

Get a life!

I may be wrong but by the picture it looks as if the "feeder" is the tall large vat in the rear toward the wall. That's what he feel into. Where his body was found is the "exit". Notice the cart used to carrry away ground product. There appears to be no safety rails around the top of the machine either. Death would have been rather quick. poor man didn't stand a chance. RIP.

I guess nobody's here has ever seen a wood chipper before. There's no pushing involved. Just feed in the tip and the rest gets sucked in. Likely the same happened here. Hand gets caught and I just pulled his body in. And no its not instantaneous death.. Its inch by inch in you go.

Words cant describe how bad a way to go it would be.

I wonder if the owner will go to court for not having a barrier/guard in place?

I wonder if he was wearing an apron? Sad way to go.

Reminds me of a story in the Thai press a dew weeks ago of a Thai woman working in a factory with some industrial machinery.

Unfortunately her hair got caught up in it and it scalped her. sad.png