Troops, police raid Peace TV to disrupt Chavalit's interview

webfact

Guns and Grenades are kept for after dark, so is bashing, binding and then tossing people to their deaths in canals.

I notice you made absolutely zero comments regarding our old favourite the popcorn murderer.

You have serious comprehension problem, probably voluntary. I repeat

" I'll try to deal with the worst criminals first. I have never seen either group you mention, if they even exist, committing violence in anywhere the frequency or level of Thaksin's thugs. Those protesting against the red side of politics are routinely harassed, intimidated, attacked and killed along with innocent bystanders. That is not conjecture, it is historical fact (but on the "wrong" side, right?)"

It's not about dealing with the worst first, its about dealing with those you can secure a conviction with first, there's plenty of smaller fish to fry, on BOTH sides of the coin.

There's no point in taking your eye off the ball, and have tunnel vision, dealing with crime is the task, it shouldn't be selective.

It may have escaped your attention, but I am not a law enforcement official. Who I prefer to concentrate on is a matter of personal taste, and has no effect on the eventual legal outcome.

So your total disregard for any criminal acts or villainous deeds performed by anyone other than Thaksin or his followers is due to your inability to concentrate on more than one thing at a time.

I am incredibly curious though, whilst concentrating on "the worst criminals first" exactly how many rabbits are you capable of chasing?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns and Grenades are kept for after dark, so is bashing, binding and then tossing people to their deaths in canals.

I notice you made absolutely zero comments regarding our old favourite the popcorn murderer.

" I'll try to deal with the worst criminals first. I have never seen either group you mention, if they even exist, committing violence in anywhere the frequency or level of Thaksin's thugs. Those protesting against the red side of politics are routinely harassed, intimidated, attacked and killed along with innocent bystanders. That is not conjecture, it is historical fact (but on the "wrong" side, right?)"

It's not about dealing with the worst first, its about dealing with those you can secure a conviction with first, there's plenty of smaller fish to fry, on BOTH sides of the coin.

There's no point in taking your eye off the ball, and have tunnel vision, dealing with crime is the task, it shouldn't be selective.

If you want to kill a snake, you need to cut off its head. As long as the big men are roaming free, frying small fish is absolutely pointless.

Thailand want reconciliation, wants to move forward? Priority 1: Thaksin in jail! He has a 2 year conviction and has 8 or 9 open court cases for corruption waiting upon arrival. Justice and law and order are not in balance as long as he is not where he should be. Behind bars.

If you want to kill a snake, you need to cut off its head. As long as the big men are roaming free, frying small fish is absolutely pointless.

Thailand want reconciliation, wants to move forward? Priority 1: Thaksin in jail! He has a 2 year conviction and has 8 or 9 open court cases for corruption waiting upon arrival. Justice and law and order are not in balance as long as he is not where he should be. Behind bars.

You've obviously never heard of New York's "broken window policy".

In the grand scheme of things, Thaksin is truly irrelevant to the real cause of the struggle occurring in Thailand at the moment. The elites need a bogeyman, if it wasn't him, it would be someone else.

Edited by GringoJoe

Thaksin in Jail isn't going to reconcile anyone!! Sure it will make the Royalists/Dems/PDRC jump up and down with glee, but it's just never going to happen, reconciling goes way past Thaksin, surprised you don't see that?

Cutting off a snake's head doesn't prevent it from dishing out a last fatal dose of venom by the way ;)

You've obviously never heard of New York's "broken window policy".

In the grand scheme of things, Thaksin is truly irrelevant to the real cause of the struggle occurring in Thailand at the moment. The elites need a bogeyman, if it wasn't him, it would be someone else.

I'd like to stick to facts, not conspiracy theories.

Thaksin in Jail isn't going to reconcile anyone!! Sure it will make the Royalists/Dems/PDRC jump up and down with glee, but it's just never going to happen, reconciling goes wa

y past Thaksin, surprised you don't see that?

Cutting off a snake's head doesn't prevent it from dishing out a last fatal dose of venom by the way wink.png

I think that everyone agrees that Thailand's major challenges are the lack of law enforcement and the massive corruption on all levels and sides.

Seen from this perspective, the only way to make people reconcile and move forward is to solve that problem. What would be a better start then to arrest Thaksin and then go after the others, no matter what color or group? It would also be a unique opportunity for the UDD or red shirts to show they are sincere in their strive for democracy and to become a genuine people's movement. As it stands now, their priorities have seemingly always only been to get their top boy back first.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The army really is terrified and losing the plot it seems.

Not really. It just shows the stupidity and ignorance of "Peace TV" who have already been shut down at least once.

Thay are so arrogant that they STILL don't believe that the law applies to them also.

Exactly , similar to The French Resistance and the Russian Partisans. They were so arrogant they wouldn't let the Germans do what they wanted without "Interfering". But the Germans followed the law and shot them all

You need to take the "ex" out from the beginning of your name.

Comparing Thailand now to wartime Europe 70 years ago is pitiful at best.

PeaceTV (or as it's know locally, "The Thaksin Channel") is constantly encouraging armed, violent unrest against the "Bangkok Elite", cos they care about "the people" so much and want everyone to be "equal" (just so long as their red leaders are more equal than everyone else).

The Bangkok elite have been using violence against "the people" for ages. Maybe "the people" are just sick and tired of being treated as filth by the "elite". Too bad "the people" don't have the support of the army like the elite does... Things would be very, very different.

Thaksin in Jail isn't going to reconcile anyone!! Sure it will make the Royalists/Dems/PDRC jump up and down with glee, but it's just never going to happen, reconciling goes wa

Cutting off a snake's head doesn't prevent it from dishing out a last fatal dose of venom by the way wink.png

I think that everyone agrees that Thailand's major challenges are the lack of law enforcement and the massive corruption on all levels and sides.

Seen from this perspective, the only way to make people reconcile and move forward is to solve that problem. What would be a better start then to arrest Thaksin and then go after the others, no matter what color or group? It would also be a unique opportunity for the UDD or red shirts to show they are sincere in their strive for democracy and to become a genuine people's movement. As it stands now, their priorities have seemingly always only been to get their top boy back first.

Totally disagree that the arrest of Thaksin should be the start point, that means that everything currently happening, and has happened is not dealt with?

That's like leaving the cookie jar open, for all the other knobbers to keep stealing, it's the one who isn't in the country that's the most important.

Start cleaning up NOW, and then get round to Thaksin..

Totally disagree that the arrest of Thaksin should be the start point, that means that everything currently happening, and has happened is not dealt with?

That's like leaving the cookie jar open, for all the other knobbers to keep stealing, it's the one who isn't in the country that's the most important.

So forget Thaksin because he's old news. He had no involvement with the last government, or the G2G rice scams, or the amnesty vote, or the garbage being broadcast by Peace TV, or the occasional bomb exploding. Can't be him, he's out of the country.

You describe yourself as very curious, and I have to agree.

I didn't notice all these weapons at the red protests.

cheesy.gif

Too Funny... You're the only who didn't notice.

When you wear red glasses, the weapons become invisible. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

That would be like a dog biting his own tail. You fail to see the patterns that have happened since 2005, or even before. Action, reaction, action reaction. Yellow, reds, yellows, reds and so on.... Thailand's political and social landscape have been shaped, dominated and corrupted by Thaksin's clan for already 15 years. He's arguably the most influential politician in Thai history

If you clean up now and hold elections, then a new Shinawatra or Thaksin proxy party will use all the populist tricks in the book to get elected again. He will promise financial needy and gullible the sky and will get his nephew, uncle, maid, or even his highly intelligent son back in office. And what will happen then? Well here we have that pattern popping up again, the first thing they will do is issuing a new passport, deliver it in person,amend the constitution when the rest of the country is sleeping, and get the convicted (!) mastermind back. A perfect perpetuum mobile. Tick tack, tick tack.

pad6.jpg

I think Nostitz was upset by people using his copyrighted photos, especially those displaying yellow shirts with their massive war weapons arsenal.

In a theoretical rematch, would anyone like to lay odds on a fight between these lads with sticks and the ones below?

1521584_618671551502867_565666596_n.jpg

Those who talk about WHO is being blocked have missed the point.

The idea behind free speech is that it applies to ALL - that especially includes people you don't agree with.....or don't like.

So why did they hang Lord Haw Haw?

OK invoke Godwin's law??

If you look into that you will get your answer and realise how facile your comment is.....it sounds like you don't understand that incident either.

It is astounding how people with no idea still feel they are capable of making a comment. Read up before you post!!!!

Edited by cumgranosalum

So you think Thailand has more freedom of speech than the US?

Thailand has zero freedom of speech unless you're an anti-democratic junta sycophant - these toads can spout of as much as they / you want.

Which explains why at least one of Thaksin's previous government was accused of "exerting political influence in its crackdown on unlicensed community radio stations" and Thaksin himself brought massive defamation suits against critical journalists.

I didn't notice all these weapons at the red protests.

cheesy.gif

Too Funny... You're the only who didn't notice.

When you wear red glasses, the weapons become invisible. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Stupid comment alert.

What time are you making it ? whistling.gif

I'm somewhat disappointed that apart from the usual diversional nonsense no one seems to know what was said in the taped interview with Gen. Chavalit. As one poster wrote it would seem that the tape was broadcasted in it's entirety at least once, and partial upon the 'raid' mentioned in the OP.

I saw Eric Loh's name mentioned, but he seems to either avoid this topic or on holiday. One more of those (holidays that is) and it's back to work. Maybe more response then.

So forget Thaksin because he's old news. He had no involvement with the last government, or the G2G rice scams, or the amnesty vote, or the garbage being broadcast by Peace TV, or the occasional bomb exploding. Can't be him, he's out of the country.

Thaksin Snowball in the minds of the fanatics is always responsible for every disaster at Animal Farm Thailand even the atrocities of people smuggling and the plummeting economy.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Australian National University is an independent source for fair information.

Take a look at the videos produced by their Asian Studies group.

This video is years old. Why do you post it now?

Thaksin Snowball in the minds of the fanatics is always responsible for every disaster at Animal Farm Thailand even the atrocities of people smuggling and the plummeting economy.

Did something yank your chain just a little bit jayboy.

Lot's of other interesting topics on the go, or maybe you didn't notice, your too absorbed with 'thaksin'.

Nice attempt at a twist on words, did I say he was old news? Unless you can get Thaksin back in country, he's not going to face all these issues you're correct about, the Junta have been in power 12 months, Thaksin is not in custody in a Thai jail, and his passport hasn't been revoked... why do you think this is?

IF he was the No.1 target, why isn't he under lock and key now?

The trouble with you, is that you can't see that it's better to slowly put all the pieces in place, making sure that bit by bit his power is eroded, without making a huge thing about getting him now, possibly throwing the country into a much more serious situation, I have zero problem in taking the time to bring him to justice, doing it when he's out of the picture causes less fuss and drama, doing it now, is asking for serious trouble.

You don't see this as a game between Thaksin and the powers that be behind the Junta? I do, it's a waiting game, and between now and his final downfall, they can achieve a much better result slowly chipping away, with little attention to their plans..

The Junta are playing it cautiously, there's so many things happening behind the scenes that never get posted on TVF, a smart guy like you should be able to figure it out, walking into a lions den isn't the smartest thing to be doing, but luring them one at a time out of the den and dealing with them that way is very clever indeed. ;)

Those who talk about WHO is being blocked have missed the point.

The idea behind free speech is that it applies to ALL - that especially includes people you don't agree with.....or don't like.

So why did they hang Lord Haw Haw?

OK invoke Godwin's law??

If you look into that you will get your answer and realise how facile your comment is.....it sounds like you don't understand that incident either.

It is astounding how people with no idea still feel they are capable of making a comment. Read up before you post!!!!

Yes, very clever. So instead of telling me how much smarter you are, why don't you explain why Lord Haw Haw's hanging ISN'T an example of the limitations on free speech. Even the most liberal societies limit free speech to some extent, and more often than not when that speech is intended to invoke discontent over class/religious/racial differences and to incite violence.

I thought they hung Haw Haw as he was tried for treason?

treason
ˈtriːz(ə)n/
noun
noun: treason; noun: high treason; plural noun: high treasons
  1. the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government.
    "they were convicted of treason"
    synonyms: treachery, lese-majesty; More
    disloyalty, betrayal, faithlessness, perfidy, perfidiousness, duplicity, infidelity;
    sedition, subversion, mutiny, rebellion;
    high treason;
    rarePunic faith
    antonyms: allegiance, loyalty
In many countries a coup d'etat would be classed as treason ;)
Edited by Fat Haggis

I thought they hung Haw Haw as he was tried for treason?

(snip)

In many countries a coup d'etat would be classed as treason wink.png

He made radio broadcasts. They didn't like what he had to say.

Coups are considered treasonous when they fail. Winners write history.

The red insurgency of 2010 could also be considered treason, but terrorism is the more popular charge lately. When they are about to execute you, the name of the charge somehow loses relevance.

William Joyce was convicted of High treason according to the laws the UK at the time... Your argument that they didn't like his speeches is the reason is quite bizarre, he was the last person the be tried for treason in the UK.

Since you seem to be conversant with the Thai Laws for treason, any chance you could highlight which part the 2010 rioters could be tried for treason according to Thai Law, and not the protesters from 2013/4 ?

Desperation, perhaps ?

Desperation, perhaps ?

I found the series of videos from the Australian National University informative.

Interviews with experts on Thai economic, military, police, para military & political circumstances.

Video #2 interviews Professor Desmond Ball, expert on SE Asian Military & security. Good stuff.

https://youtu.be/G94uSuQxSA0?list=PL65559895632229E9

Edited by jamesjohnsonthird

I wouldn't grant broadcasting rights to any group which included persons who had previously stood on stage inciting the crowd to burn whole cities and even nations to the ground.

I believe in total freedom to broadcast for all groups, including minority groups (I'm not saying this group is minority) and even for fairly obscure quirky fringe groups.

However, any group that talks about burning cities to the ground etc., should not expect the same future broadcasting rights as normal peaceful groups. Part of moving on into a peaceful and inclusive future is about remembering the deranged and violent outbursts made by certain group spokespersons in the past.

I think it is fairer to say 'A faction within a group calling for cities to be burned to the ground...', but I suppose that is a little too inconvenient for some of the partisans on here...

Would that be the faction which is also called "we, the UDD leaders" ?

I wrote "any group which included persons who" and I got accused of partisanism because my phrase somehow failed to state it was a "faction within a group", even though that is actually the same thing as I said.

Also I have enjoyed the French Resistance / UDD stuff, that really cheered me up. One group was fighting to free their nation from an external war machine controlled by some very nasty chaps indeed. The other group was trying to wrest control of internal State Funds and the MOP, ostensibly to help poor people, and let's just say that quite a few people had doubts about that particular post-rainbow goldpot.

@Baboon I am not partisan at all. I'm a tourist here and I love this nation and my Thai friends dearly. I consider myself greatly honoured and truly fortunate to be here at all. It is not my place to take sides politically. My primary interest as a tourist and human being, is to not see any more blood spilled in the name of politics. To me that is always the priority, and then when that is accomplished we can get onto the justice and meritocracy stuff afterwards. So from my point of view, we have now largely cleared step one and would be foolish to go back to that place again.