Phuket police look for rock throwing thugs

webfact

I think there is more to this story. I don't care who the morons are but even morons usually have a reason to start throwing rocks.

Aaahh, now we're talking.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is more to this story. I don't care who the morons are but even morons usually have a reason to start throwing rocks.

Aaahh, now we're talking.

According to the gazette:

“Mr Svegsjo honked at the men, as the road was very dangerous for overtaking,” Lt Col Navin Petchan of the Kamala Police told the Phuket Gazette today.

“The men pulled their bike over to the side of the road, and the passenger picked up a handful of rocks. They then followed Mr Svegsjo, and one of them threw a rock and hit the left side-view mirror.”

Mr Svegsjo continued on to Kamala, and turned onto Soi Baan Hua Kuan, said Col Navin.

“The men followed Mr Svegsjo into the street and overtook his car. They turned around and threw two more rocks – hitting the front right window and the right rear panel – before fleeing,” he explained. - See more at: http://phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Police-hunt-men-stoning-Swedes-car/58029#ad-image-0

My thought exactly !

Perhaps the Swede left out the part where he nearly hit the motorbike earlier that day or cut them off and shouted profanities their way, could all be possible, right ?

Another news report say "Mr Svegsjo honked at the men, as the road was very dangerous for overtaking, Lt Col Navin Petchan of the Kamala Police told the Phuket Gazette today."

From years of driving experience here in Phuket I can tell all that it is never a good idea to honk at a Thai driver. I've had enough bad outcomes from honking, I just don't do that anymore.

Correct, honking is only for the times when driving next to a temple.

I used to try to reeducate fellow road users by honking and flashing lights, but especially reading about many Phuket road rage incidents in this forum made me stop doing this. I think it is accepted though to honk as a warning signal, for instance before overtaking when there is also a motorcycle in between your car and the car you are about to overtake.

I used to try to reeducate fellow road users by honking and flashing lights, but especially reading about many Phuket road rage incidents in this forum made me stop doing this. I think it is accepted though to honk as a warning signal, for instance before overtaking when there is also a motorcycle in between your car and the car you are about to overtake.

A quick toot toot as you pass or are about to overtake letting someone know your there is common place here - more-so outside of Phuket though. Also a beep as a thank you after someones let you out etc (rare i know). Its the long beeeeep beeeeeep followed up with the coffee beans and middle finger that will get you in trouble.

You are allowed to lean on the horn continuously but only if you are braking so hard that all four tires are locked up billowing smoke and the front bumper is scraping the ground - because u-turn dude decided he'd waited enough and just pulled out in-front of you anyway, the utter shock of two tons of truck approaching in this fashion negates any anger and is completely acceptable.

Thugs? Aren't thugs supposed to look tough? I've taken dumps that look tougher than these two piss heads.

I must agree.

Arms the size of 12 year old boys that haven't reached puberty yet.

Police are on the lookout for 2 men with a combined weight of 160lbs, with big hair and playing Bruno Mars tunes.

...I mean it's not as if the police don't know exactly who they are.

Picture of Bruno Mars for all the older people.

post-21832-0-11807900-1430453946_thumb.j

I agree......, sounds like a road rage event.

Does anybody know the law if say you was in such a situation as this, felt threatened for you safety maybe kids in the car too, and you hit into the motorbike in self defense?

Run, don't hit.

<snip>

You are allowed to lean on the horn continuously but only if you are braking so hard that all four tires are locked up billowing smoke and the front bumper is scraping the ground - because u-turn dude decided he'd waited enough and just pulled out in-front of you anyway

<snip>

Ah, yes, sorry about that. But I really needed to get back. Besides, I'd been waiting at least 30 seconds and you weren't going that fast. Nice reactions, by the way.

Regards,

u-turn dude.

Does anybody know the law if say you was in such a situation as this, felt threatened for you safety maybe kids in the car too, and you hit into the motorbike in self defense?

Run, don't hit.

Unless you're a Dutchman called Jen Jensen:

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Dutchman-rams-gunmen-power-pole/4634

Run, don't hit.
Unless you're a Dutchman called Jen Jensen:

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Dutchman-rams-gunmen-power-pole/4634

Were charges filed?

This was on channel 3 news yesterday too.

According to mes mango they were saying that it came to their attention as the police in Kamala were reluctant to do anything about it when they visited the station so they went to the news @ channel 3

Rock-throwers turn themselves in to Phuket police
Eakkapop Thongtub

1430540287_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Two young thugs who threw rocks at a Swedish man’s car on Monday (April 27) were brought into Kamala Police Station at 4pm yesterday (May 1) by local provincial council member Sanya Singsrida.

The target of the rock-throwing, Bo Jonas Daniel Svegsjo, filed a complaint with police on Monday, providing them with video and photos shot by his wife, Chanitya Boonpa. The couple had their one-year-old child in the car when they were attacked.

The young thugs threw three rocks at the car, hitting the windscreen, back window and one side window as Mr Svegsjo drove along the Kamala-Patong Rd and then Soi Kamala 8.

Kamala Deputy Superintendent, Col ML Pattanajak Jakkapan said that two teens, aged 15 and 16, face charges of criminal damage.

“They told us that they were upset that the victim drove too close to them and did not let them pass his vehicle.

“They are under-age, so the Juvenile Court will handle their case.

“This type of behaviour is typical among teenage boys. I believe road rage was the only reason they threw rocks at someone’s car,” Col Pattanajak added.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/rock-throwers-turn-themselves-in-to-phuket-police-52128.php

“They are under-age, so the Juvenile Court will handle their case. give them a slap on the wrist and tell them "next time, don't get caught..."

from another source, I heard there was a baby inside the car, too.....

Edited by MaxLee

“They are under-age, so the Juvenile Court will handle their case. give them a slap on the wrist and tell them "next time, don't get caught..."

Please have a look at juvenile court and juvenile detention before making nonsense claims like this.

PW reports the perps have been caught, but they are juveniles.

Interesting link to that Jen Jensen incident. I wonder how much he had to pay to insure the right outcome of the investigation?

Please tell us what the outcome was.

I very much doubt his name was Jen Jensen by the way, Jan Jansen would be much more likely.

PW reports the perps have been caught, but they are juveniles.

Interesting link to that Jen Jensen incident. I wonder how much he had to pay to insure the right outcome of the investigation?

Please tell us what the outcome was.

I very much doubt his name was Jen Jensen by the way, Jan Jansen would be much more likely.

Yes, Jan Jansen was also stated as the likely name by a member called "Dutch" biggrin.png . http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/50490-dutchman-rams-gunmen-into-power-pole/?p=545553

As for the outcome, there is absolutely no follow-up to this story anywhere on the Internet. There are plenty of references to a "Jan Jansen" in Phuket who has a Facebook page,Twitter account, etc., but no mention of the attack or anything like "Gee, that cost me a few baht to avoid going to jail."

That behavior is typical among teens? Speaks volumes about thai society as if it's condoned.

Indeed Hans, but then if id tried that in Portugal 50 years ago as a teen and got caught id be pulp from cops and my father. Hence to scared to be a Thug....God Bless these Do Gooders,they are the cause of Thugs.

That's not even them , look at the original pic , they are much older in the original . Probably there younger brothers taking the wrap.

That's what I noticed also....there is no way those two are the guys pictured in the original article, unless they found the fountain of youth!

That's not even them , look at the original pic , they are much older in the original . Probably there younger brothers taking the wrap.

The forensics are in!

DJ1rjZN.png

What? You mean watching countless hours of CSI doesn't make me a forensics expert? tongue.pngYou could of told me that before I wasted all that time!

I would bet that the car driver will not even get them to pay for the damage. He will have to get the insurance to pay for it. Juveniles or not they should be dealt with severely as there was a baby in the car.