Former acting Pheu Thai leader's nephew shot dead

webfact

Former acting Pheu Thai leader's nephew shot dead
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A nephew of former acting Pheu Thai leader Viroj Pao-in was shot dead while he was holding his two-year-old daughter in front of his house in Nonthaburi's Mueang district early Friday. Police said.

Thiwaphan Pao-in, 31, was apparently shot by a gunman who used a rifle with infrared scope. Police were informed of the shooting incident at 2 am.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Former-acting-Pheu-Thai-leaders-nephew-shot-dead-30259142.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-01

• Like 2

Young business shot dead with laser guided gun

1-5-2558-12-23-40-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A 31-year-old businessman was shot dead by gunman while he was holding his two-year-old daughter in front of his house in Nonthaburi province.

The slain businessman Tiwapan Pow-in, is the nephew of acting leader of the Pheu Thai party Oil Gen Viroj Pow-in.

Business conflict was suspected to be the motive of the murder.

The incident happened at around 2 am in front of his house on Soi Ngamwongwan 9 in Muang district of Nonthaburi.

He was shot with a long gun believed to be mounted with laser sight scope as three bullets hit him on the chest and shoulder but missed his daughter who he was carrying in his arms to send his two police friends off in a car in front of his house.

Besides, the area is dark causing poor visibility for shooting unless the gun was mounted with laser sight.

Three witnesses who included the two police friends saw the murder as the victim fell to the ground with his daughter after five shots were heard.

A CCTV camera near the house captured the moment when the businessman was shot and fell to the ground.

One police friend said he saw a suspect carrying a black bag, believed to have contained a gun, ran into a white Honda Civic with no license plate and flee after the shooting.

In the CCTV footage, Tiwapan’s daughter was seen trying to talk to her father after he was shot and fell to the ground, as the other two policemen took cover.

Tiwapan was rushed to Nonthaburi hospital where he was pronounced dead later.

The victim’s relatives told police investigators that Tiwapan had previously demanded one of his debtors to return 10 million baht owed to him.

Police were gathering further evidence and questioning more witnesses.

One neighbour said he saw the Honda Civic parking near the soi since 10 pm and disappeared after the shooting.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/young-business-shot-dead-with-laser-guided-gun

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-01

A death is sad and here come the conspiracy theories.

The theories are warranted when a sniper rifle is used.

The BIB are gathering evidence and questioning witnesses some of who appear to be their own.

What happened to the usual immediate the motive could be..., or ..., perhaps ..., maybe ... ?

A death is sad and here come the conspiracy theories.

"Business conflict was suspected to be the motive of the murder."

That's the first one.

clap2.gif I've got my check list ready

Used a laser guided gun. (high tech)

Laser scope. (medium tech available to anyone.)

Long gun.

Business conflict was suspected to be the motive of the murder.

Owed 10 million baht.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 2

A fairly sophisticated hit with some reasonably high tech weapons. I might be inclined to think it was someone higher up than a business person.

Agreed, and definitely someone with some training. Not talking about Somchi and his buddy at the local shooting range, but police or military trained sniper.

A fairly sophisticated hit with some reasonably high tech weapons. I might be inclined to think it was someone higher up than a business person.

Agreed, and definitely someone with some training. Not talking about Somchi and his buddy at the local shooting range, but police or military trained sniper.

well not really, once set up on a range it is very simple and error free to point and shoot, like painting by numbers, the skill is when targeting something at long distance then other factors need to be considered which in this case I very much doubt was required, anything up to 200m should be fairly simple

• Like 1

Not happy with someone's business practice? Shoot them. Not happy with their political alignment? Shoot them. This is what Thailand has become and this guy gets added to a long list of people including Sondhi Limthongkul. The rule of law is fading fast in Thailand.

Why would a sniper be sitting outside a family house at 2 o'clock in the morning.

Unless he was expecting a family man to be outside at that time.

Why would a family man be coming out of his house at 2 o'clock in the morning.

Unless a couple of police officers just happened to be leaving at that time.

Will the police investigate the police.

AGAIN! !!!

"When a coward takes a shot at someone with a child in there arms, When caught I hope they hang him by the family jewels and put a round in his gut so he slowly dies. Not siding with the party he may or may not belong to, I'm siding with the child. RIP"

Ok, I got it, you mean like similar to a US military or PMC sniper or do you mean like the drones that hit the wrong family while they are at dinner? Ok, I am with you.

Actually, I have not heard of a rifle sniper at work in Thailand for years on a private basis.(not counting the Red shirt incidents years back which were more than probably military or Police snipers). It could have been worse, usually it is an amateur with a heavy caliber handgun which would have hit him, the child, the wife and several innocent bystanders. Considering the past killings in this country this was fairly professional and clean.

As to why he was hit and was it justified we'll need to wait to see. These people get up to some ignoble things, like Rohinya mass graves, fishing slaves, etc and so forth so we just have to wait til the jury comes in.