Do We Really Need Recommendation Letter For O Visa

Hi,

I have thai gf now and plan to marry her not in the near future but maybe in a year or 2. i am a singaporean.

i am planning to stay over there and i read somewhere online that i need a recommendation letter from a company that tell me i was offered a job in thailand to apply for a 1 year multiple visit visa.

Do i really need that? currently i don't work for any company and planning to have my own business and do a number of earnings online. Do i really have to find a job in order for me to stay in BKK in future?

what other ways do i have to be able to stay in thailand?

Johnny

Hi,

I have thai gf now and plan to marry her not in the near future but maybe in a year or 2. i am a singaporean.

i am planning to stay over there and i read somewhere online that i need a recommendation letter from a company that tell me i was offered a job in thailand to apply for a 1 year multiple visit visa.

Do i really need that? currently i don't work for any company and planning to have my own business and do a number of earnings online. Do i really have to find a job in order for me to stay in BKK in future?

what other ways do i have to be able to stay in thailand?

Johnny

Your eligibility for the appropriate Non-Immigrant O visa comes once you get married. You can try for a business visa, but Thai Consulates and Embassies in this region are gonna want some sort of evidence as to your proposal.

Hi Phadthai (Johnny),

Actually it would be better if you would get a letter but as a Singaporean you don't really need to worry much. (My wife and daughters are Singaporean too and sometime they have a letter and sometime not but they always get a visa)

* 1) If you have a Singaporean company it is sufficient to ask the Singaporean company to issue a letter and you should have no problem in getting your first 3 month.

After that I would highly suggest you to register with the consular section at the Singapore Embassy and the contact person would be Mr. Yap. He is a well respected guy at the Thai immigration HQ.

Once you register yourself at the Singapore embassy you will be advised to go for a meeting with the Singapore Thai Chamber of Commerce. If you are interested of setting up a company in Thailand they would have the right contacts to Thai and Singapore lawyers in Bangkok to get your company out of the ground. Go for that meeting. I never believed in joining chambers but the Singapore Thai Chamber of Commerce gives you many networking opportunities to a lot of large Thai companies that can open some doors.

Any way as a Singaporean the doors are very wide open and staying in this country is not a problem at all even if the budget is limited.

If you need more details send me an email.

Regards,

BTW: thaivisa.com is a good place to get yourself familar with how things in Thailand works.

After that I would highly suggest you to register with the consular section at the Singapore Embassy and the contact person would be Mr. Yap. He is a well respected guy at the Thai immigration HQ.

Once you register yourself at the Singapore embassy you will be advised to go for a meeting with the Singapore Thai Chamber of Commerce. If you are interested of setting up a company in Thailand they would have the right contacts to Thai and Singapore lawyers in Bangkok to get your company out of the ground. Go for that meeting. I never believed in joining chambers but the Singapore Thai Chamber of Commerce gives you many networking opportunities to a lot of large Thai companies that can open some doors.

Any way as a Singaporean the doors are very wide open and staying in this country is not a problem at all even if the budget is limited.

If you need more details send me an email.

Regards,

BTW: thaivisa.com is a good place to get yourself familar with how things in Thailand works.

You mean Mr Yap at the sinagpore embassy in BKK at the thai immigration?

Phadthai

Hi phadthai...other options are....

1..if you are over 50 years of age, you could apply for a Non-Immigrant "O-A"

visa, commonly known as the retirement visa from the Thai Embassy in

Singapore..provided you you can show them statement of account from a

Singapore bank showing 800,000 baht in equvilent. etc, etc.

Forms are avaliable at the embassy.

2..or you can apply for a tourist visa ( 60-days stay ). At the end of the 60-days

stay do a visa-run at the border and you get another 30-days stay.

Altogether 90 days, come back to Singapore and apply for a tourist visa again,

do it over and over again....

I dont think you have other options....goodluck... :o

Hi Guys,

I am 30 and planning of marrying my thai gf in a year or 2.

This is what i found out from other guys:

I am planning to do a test stay for 1 year in BKK to adapt to life there.

i can apply for a 12 month multiple entry tourist visa. Do a visa run every 3 months till the 12 month expire. I guess i apply in Singapore.

To get married:

i need to have a non-imm O visa (1year) with all the documents. and of course need to show that i have 400,000 bhat in my bank account.

That is all, is that? IS the information i get that is correct? or do i need anything else?

Phad thai (still wanted to know more, so many people giving different answer)