General Prayut sacks lottery board and heads the new board

Lite Beer

Liver bellied??????

biggrin.png

I think he means "lily livered".

Or maybe not. TVF is a hotbed of malapropisms.

but malapropisms are beyond my apprehension.wai.gif

I think you mean priapism is beyond your comprehension. Sheesh.

• Like 1

There's a danger that the PM will spread himself too thin, like Yingluck with the rice-committee, he should try to delegate things like this, if he has anyone reliable & competent to pass it to. wai2.gif

I don't understand the need for any extra administration/bureaucracy, just to deal with refunds for unsold-tickets, surely that should be managed by the accounts-department already collecting-in the proceeds from sales.

Were this a farang country, I'd say that a switch to an online-lottery might be overdue, but the thought of the potential for cock-ups during the handover makes one think that caution might be wise, with that as the eventual solution to work towards ?

It would cause a lot of unemployment as well I would think. Logically you're right but that's not always the best way.
  • Like 1

as with all schemes in thailand the mafia mentality & constant milking of the kitty means nothing will run as it should .

The concept of disabled selling lottery tickets was useful & in a lot of villages you don't have many 7/11's a 5 minute stroll up the road, it could all work smoothly but once again the inability to enforce a simple law on fixing a ticket price to 80baht is not possible !

absolute nothing has really been resolved to date :-/

• Like 2

the Saviour

Yes, most Farangs with brains know he is a saviour... all you liver bellied, middle of the road ,liberalist, almost evangelical Red Shirt sympathisers, pull your socks up... Prayuth is here to stay... If you don't like it...There's the <deleted> door.. Rock on Cha-o-cha..... whistling.gif

Liver bellied??????

biggrin.png

Don't you mean grothead of plarashowjism?

A former head of the military must know about delegation which is inherent in a command role but the PM takes so much on, doesn't he trust his own handpicked people ?

When a wheel comes off will he do a YL, i never attended any meetings so not my fault ?

It's a crazy sort of system and it could be better but.........

How about designated and registered sellers in shops in city centres and designated and registered individual sellers outside the city and in the villages.

How about leaving it alone - and concentrating on things which really do need fixing?

Is this the sort of thing a temporary provisional government is supposed to be messing with. Shouldn't the focus be on returning the voting rights to the citizens.

Over-priced tickets is really not the issue. The most important point is who is skimming the takings of several billions of baht per draw. Now Uncle Too has set himself up as in charge of the loot what is he going to do with it. With that sort of money you could buy yourself a jet and fly off to Munich or wherever the beer is good, every week.

• Like 1

the Saviour

Yes, most Farangs with brains know he is a saviour... all you liver bellied, middle of the road ,liberalist, almost evangelical Red Shirt sympathisers, pull your socks up... Prayuth is here to stay... If you don't like it...There's the <deleted> door.. Rock on Cha-o-cha..... whistling.gif

Liver bellied??????

I think he means those with liver-spots on their bellies, though what they have done to upset the poster only he can know.

Liver bellied??????

biggrin.png

but malapropisms are beyond my apprehension.wai.gif

I think you mean priapism is beyond your comprehension. Sheesh.

At our age priapism is beyond all of our imaginations but not beyond our comprehension. We encounter a lot of young people who suffer from it all the time though. Don't you agree?