Helmet liners disintegrated

GavinK

About 5 yrs ago I brought 3 new helmets here from UK and didn't really use any of them much. Took them out of their boxes recently to use and all the foam in the liners has disintegrated. Not sure if this is due to humidity here. The liners are replaceable on 2 of them - a Shoei and a Caberg. The 3rd one, a Shoei, doesn't have a replaceable liner so I need to find someone who can manually replace it. Just wondered if anyone knows if/where helmet liners can be bought here, or of anyone who can 'repair' lining ?

Thanks.

You dont mention where you are but in Chiang Mai there is a helmet shop and the guy can send liners away to have copies made. They are very good apparently and about 1000 baht. They get sent to bkk. Also i have had new foam sown in, just about any place can do that but not as great as a full replacement.

What model Shoei is it? Some interiors can be replaced, and some can't. In any case, it's expired safety equipment, and unless it's an OEM replacement it will never be as protective- dump it and buy something newer (which will also have a higher safety rating) before going with a different interior from some local company.

• Like 1