CBR650F ECU Box

We had a whole long thread before I started about flashing ECU on Honda. We basically came to the conclusion it wasn't a good idea. Too many ECU setting variables unless the technician really is a pro at it, which is difficult to find.

What I am curious though if the CBR650F being sold in the states is less restricted than the one being sold in Thailand? If so, maybe one can order an ECU from a Honda dealer in the states and just swap them on the bike here. Seems less risky.

Edited by WingNut

We had a whole long thread before I started about flashing ECU on Honda. We basically came to the conclusion it wasn't a good idea. Too many ECU setting variables unless the technician really is a pro at it, which is difficult to find.

What I am curious though if the CBR650F being sold in the states is less restricted than the one being sold in Thailand? If so, maybe one can order an ECU from a Honda dealer in the states and just swap them on the bike here. Seems less risky.

if you want the bike to accelerate quicker i'd suggest changing the rear sprocket. This would be a great modification till some decent ECU flash comes out for the 650f from powerspeedshop (you can still ask them, they know what they're doing)

but you will sacrifice top speed... but to be honest. who drives 220km/h + for a long time anyways

i also highly recommend the healtech quickshifter which works perfectly and is very cheap @ 350$ including shipping

I am interested in CB650F. Will try my contacts in N. America and see what I can find out

I am interested in CB650F. Will try my contacts in N. America and see what I can find out

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]