Crane falls on cars, obstructs rail line

webfact

Crane falls on cars, obstructs rail line

4-5-2558-12-36-56-wpcf_726x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A crane tipped over and crashed into two vehicles injuring a motorist and blocking the rail line in Don Muang of Bangkok this morning.

The crane belongs to the Italian Thai construction firm which is constructing an overhead station of the elevated route of the electric train project from Laksi to Don Muang.

The incident, however, did not obstruct car traffic on the Vibhavadi road but obstructed the rail line between Laksi and Don Muang railway stations.

At least four trains departing Hua Lamping railway station to and from the South were stranded on the rail line, awaiting another crane truck to lift the fallen crane off the rail track.

By 10.30 am today, the rail track was cleared and train service could resume as normal.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/crane-falls-on-cars-obstructs-rail-line

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-04

Will continue to happen until some management are Jailed and the Companies heavily fined.Like in Europe , UK and Australia

Its the same reason people drive like cretins here , because there are no consequences for doing so

No injuries reported - looking at the photo I have to assume the crushed car was empty at the time.

It's frightening how frequent these random events are in Thailand.

Too many people forgetting to turn on the GAF switch (Give a <deleted>).

From the OP "injuring a motorist "

I saw this on the tv news. The footage shows that the ground collapsed, and stabilisers/ outriggers on that side had sunk more than a metre. Either a lack of judgement by the operator, or a lack of site prep by the bosses.

I have watched a concrete pour in Ban Pong, where the kibble operator rode the load from the truck to the upper floors for the pour. I also noticed that the crane operator had a massive necklace, with very many big charms. Can't be too carefull.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I saw this on the tv news. The footage shows that the ground collapsed, and stabilisers/ outriggers on that side had sunk more than a metre. Either a lack of judgement by the operator, or a lack of site prep by the bosses.
I have watched a concrete pour in Ban Pong, where the kibble operator rode the load from the truck to the upper floors for the pour. I also noticed that the crane operator had a massive necklace, with very many big charms. Can't be too carefull.

They should have steel plates under the outrigger feet, We introduced that in a project in Malaysia and it stopped cranes falling over

Working close to a road / railway (or anywhere for that matter), any experienced / thinking supervisor would ensure sufficient load bearing material, ie, steel plates or railway sleepers were placed under the out-riggers to cover this eventuality.

You guys have it ALL WRONG... This is Thailand, after all...

The fault here belongs to the driver of the crushed car, who obviously was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If the car hadn't been there, then there wouldn't have been anything for the fallen crane to crash into.

That's the Thailand way of thinking... w00t.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They should have steel plates under the outrigger feet, We introduced that in a project in Malaysia and it stopped cranes falling over
Also decent timber boards under the out riggers will also support the weight of the loads.

It they ever do build all of these railways they keep announcing you'll be seeing about one of these a week. Biggest killer on site , cranes of all varieties falling over. If they don't want fatalities they have to have very strict and well policed crane policy for the projects.

Also decent timber boards under the out riggers will also support the weight of the loads.

Yep can work just as well as a steel plate , but because of where we were working we made it specifically steel plates , mainly because they would use bits of four by four and any old shit wood lying around otherwise