Forum upgrade in progress! ×

So why am I ordering pumpkin seed oil from IHerb when I live in Thailand ?

Lumbini

( wanted to put this in health section but see I put it in general and not sure how to delete and start over to move it ? )

So the question is why am I ordering pumpkin seed oil from IHerb when I live in Thailand ?

So many farmers here grow pumpkins on their farmers in Thailand but I am having challenges finding pumpkin seed oil for sale. Most pumpkinseed oil I find when I do in stores here is very expensive and imported from other places. There must be someone who grows pumpkins here and makes the seed oil from it if not it would be a good business, it seems pointless to import something that is grown here . Please let me know if anyone here has a source for this really helpful oil that is a kind of medicine .

This oil is full of natural antioxidants as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids. The presence of a high amount of the gamma – tocopherol form of Vitamin E is what attributes an extremely powerful antioxidant property to this oil. It is these antioxidants that act as a shield for the cell structure and health of our skins. Moreover they also neutralize the effects of air pollution and radiation that could otherwise lead to skin ageing and wrinkling.

Pumpkin seed oil is composed of four essential fatty acids namely palmitic, linoleic, stearic and oleic acids. Palmitic acid is responsible for promoting oil regeneration; it stops the skin from getting too dry or chapped. Stearic acid retains the moisture balance of the skin. Linoleic acid acts as a repairing agent for flaky and rough skin. Oleic acid also provides the skin with good moisture content.

Pumpkin Seed Oil for Hair Growth

The potential of pumpkin seed oil in fighting hair loss and baldness is truly a breakthrough. However the ironic part is that not many are aware of this fact.

This dark green oil is considered to block the hormone known as DHT or ihydrotestosterone that is responsible for baldness, especially in men. It is DHT that prevents hair from growing back. However research has proved that with regular usage of pumpkin seed oil you can bid goodbye to the age old problem of baldness.

Traditional Uses of Pumpkin Seed Oil

This oil has been used as age old folk medicine for bed-wetting sickness in children, urinary problems, diabetes, prostrate disorders and vascular disease. It is also considered to be effective in lowering cholesterol and increasing milk production in women.

In countries like Germany the pumpkin seed oil is associated with anti-parasitic properties. It had been used as a folk medicine to cure and remove tapeworms and parasites from the intestine.

Pumpkin Seed Oil Health Benefits

The discovery of the medicinal properties of pumpkin seed oil dates back centuries ago. This oil is one of the most impressive among nature’s miracles.

Pumpkin Seed Oil for Prostrate

This oil has is known to work as a magic potion for men suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH. It is usually the men who have crossed the age of 50 who fall victims to BPH. This condition is recognized by the enlargement of the prostrate gland followed by several urinary symptoms. However this oil slows down the effects of BPH by improving bladder and urethra functions. It subdues the growth of the prostrate caused by testosterone.

Anti-arthritic Properties

Research shows that pumpkin seed oil, packed with essential fatty acids and anti-oxidant properties can be an excellent remedy for chronic rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, in this context the oil is considered to be as powerful as the drug indomethacin that also provides relief from the pain.

Stress Incontinence

This oil has properties capable of tonic the pelvic floor muscles especially in women. As such this oil is highly recommended for women suffering from stress incontinence and overactive bladder. The extracts of soybean seeds along with pumpkin seed oil would be the perfect combination to fight stress incontinence. Women may suffer a mild stomach ache after consumption, but there is nothing to worry about as such.

Lowers Cholesterol

Pumpkin seed oil has often been used along with cholesterol lowering drugs. The presence of essential fatty acids and anti-oxidants in this oil makes it ideal for lowering LDL levels. These essential fatty acids are polyunsaturated, thus attributing the oil with cholesterol lowering ability. Moreover this oil is laden with properties that can even counteract the varied side effects of cholesterol drugs.

Contains significant Antioxidants

This oil is laden with carotenoids and tocopherols that are rich in antioxidant properties. Moreover carotenoids are full of Vitamin A which is essential for good health. Tocopherols also contain major vitamins.

Anti-Parasitic Properties

This oil is attributed with qualities that can come handy in combating parasitic diseases like schistosomiasis; a disease transmitted through snails. Research conducted in countries like China and Russia, has associated pumpkin seed oil with providing relief from intestinal infections caused by tapeworms.

Boosts Kidney function

The health benefits of pumpkin seed oil do not cease to surprise. Two researches conducted in Thailand shows how munching the seeds as snacks could prevent the body from acquiring kidney stones. The oil is capable of reducing bladder pressure and urethral pressure.

Insomnia

The presence of a high content of tryptophan in pumpkin seed oil makes it useful in combating with problems related with sleep disorders or insomnia.

Images of Pumpkin Seed Oil

Picture 3 -

Pumpkin Seeds

Source – indiamart.com

Pumpkin Seed Oil Recipes

The Austrian people love pumpkin seed oil for its nutty flavor. This oil is ideal for salad dressings and is also added to soups. Majority of the times, it is used with apple cider vinegar. Moreover there are ample recipes for sausage, cakes, noodle salad etc.

Pumpkin Seed Oil Side Effects

Pumpkin seed oil has not been associated with any side effects. Apart from the exception of mild stomach aches, this oil does not cause any harmful side effects. However it is always recommended to consult a physician before consumption of this oil.

Where to buy Pumpkin Seed Oil?

Pumpkin seed oil supplements in the form of capsules etc are available in most of the health stores and nutrition stores.

You will come across lots of pumpkin seed oil suppliers and dealers online.

Reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumpkin_seed_oil

http://www.pumpkinseedoil.com/

http://guide2herbalremedies.com/health-benefits-pumpkin-seed-oil/

http://www.ehow.com/about_5106341_health-benefits-pumpkin-seed-oil.html

by baishakhee

4 Responses to Pumpkin Seed Oil

Busy Bee April 24, 2013 at 5:06 am #

On the Pumpkin Seed Oil for hair growth: Taken internally or massage the oil into the scalp?

Krahujec June 21, 2013 at 7:48 pm #

I know about the stuff, but once it is supposed to effect the hormone level, a good and reasonable guess would be to EAT it. No harm in massaging it anywhere on the body though :)

Nole July 9, 2013 at 11:59 am #

Both. Before sleeping, massage your entire scalp with about a teaspoon of pumpkin seed oil. As this oil is staining pillows, use a dark green or black pillow to sleep on and wash it with a shampoo in the morning If you have dandruff and itchy scalp, you will benefit from this oil. Continue taking and massaging your scalp with this oil and you will reap results.

i have ordered before from goodkarmathailand.com ...they have many small items available that are not listed on the online store , pumpkin seed oil is one of them , its not cheap but i worked it out to be about the same from iherb without the delay and fear of customs ...also hemp oil and walnut oil ...all these oils are very under rated imo ...

I cut and pasted as I investigate and take real action no longer wanting to just treat symptoms of issues with medicine and possibly start empowering my own healing mechanisms so I can get to the roots of things ... I know little but investigate much . Giving up proceeded foods and all forms of sugar , dairy , gluten and eating daily fermented foods along with exercise , meditation and serious juicing has given new energy that has been life changing . This is first year I not get sick with a cold or anything and biggest change I make is food so now learning what I can about healthy oils and vitamins I may miss in diet seems time well spent . I get help from Dr's when I get sick but Dr's trained to manage disease with medicine not real helpful in what to do to stay healthy as they not get too much training on things like nutrition in medical school . Maybe that will change but now it's kind of needs to be taken on as ones own journey and investigation as there is no money in medicine keeping people healthy not needing it . Follow the money someone said and it may explain why health care is much of the time disease management not empowering oneself to not need medicine .

post-202056-1430923489543_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the tip Cdmtdm about where to find this oil here locally

( wanted to put this in health section but see I put it in general and not sure how to delete and start over to move it ? )

So the question is why am I ordering pumpkin seed oil from IHerb when I live in Thailand ?

So many farmers here grow pumpkins on their farmers in Thailand but I am having challenges finding pumpkin seed oil for sale. Most pumpkinseed oil I find when I do in stores here is very expensive and imported from other places. There must be someone who grows pumpkins here and makes the seed oil from it if not it would be a good business, it seems pointless to import something that is grown here . Please let me know if anyone here has a source for this really helpful oil that is a kind of medicine .

This oil is full of natural antioxidants as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids. The presence of a high amount of the gamma – tocopherol form of Vitamin E is what attributes an extremely powerful antioxidant property to this oil. It is these antioxidants that act as a shield for the cell structure and health of our skins. Moreover they also neutralize the effects of air pollution and radiation that could otherwise lead to skin ageing and wrinkling.

Pumpkin seed oil is composed of four essential fatty acids namely palmitic, linoleic, stearic and oleic acids. Palmitic acid is responsible for promoting oil regeneration; it stops the skin from getting too dry or chapped. Stearic acid retains the moisture balance of the skin. Linoleic acid acts as a repairing agent for flaky and rough skin. Oleic acid also provides the skin with good moisture content.

Pumpkin Seed Oil for Hair Growth

The potential of pumpkin seed oil in fighting hair loss and baldness is truly a breakthrough. However the ironic part is that not many are aware of this fact.

This dark green oil is considered to block the hormone known as DHT or ihydrotestosterone that is responsible for baldness, especially in men. It is DHT that prevents hair from growing back. However research has proved that with regular usage of pumpkin seed oil you can bid goodbye to the age old problem of baldness.

Traditional Uses of Pumpkin Seed Oil

This oil has been used as age old folk medicine for bed-wetting sickness in children, urinary problems, diabetes, prostrate disorders and vascular disease. It is also considered to be effective in lowering cholesterol and increasing milk production in women.

In countries like Germany the pumpkin seed oil is associated with anti-parasitic properties. It had been used as a folk medicine to cure and remove tapeworms and parasites from the intestine.

Pumpkin Seed Oil Health Benefits

The discovery of the medicinal properties of pumpkin seed oil dates back centuries ago. This oil is one of the most impressive among nature’s miracles.

Pumpkin Seed Oil for Prostrate

This oil has is known to work as a magic potion for men suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH. It is usually the men who have crossed the age of 50 who fall victims to BPH. This condition is recognized by the enlargement of the prostrate gland followed by several urinary symptoms. However this oil slows down the effects of BPH by improving bladder and urethra functions. It subdues the growth of the prostrate caused by testosterone.

Anti-arthritic Properties

Research shows that pumpkin seed oil, packed with essential fatty acids and anti-oxidant properties can be an excellent remedy for chronic rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, in this context the oil is considered to be as powerful as the drug indomethacin that also provides relief from the pain.

Stress Incontinence

This oil has properties capable of tonic the pelvic floor muscles especially in women. As such this oil is highly recommended for women suffering from stress incontinence and overactive bladder. The extracts of soybean seeds along with pumpkin seed oil would be the perfect combination to fight stress incontinence. Women may suffer a mild stomach ache after consumption, but there is nothing to worry about as such.

Lowers Cholesterol

Pumpkin seed oil has often been used along with cholesterol lowering drugs. The presence of essential fatty acids and anti-oxidants in this oil makes it ideal for lowering LDL levels. These essential fatty acids are polyunsaturated, thus attributing the oil with cholesterol lowering ability. Moreover this oil is laden with properties that can even counteract the varied side effects of cholesterol drugs.

Contains significant Antioxidants

This oil is laden with carotenoids and tocopherols that are rich in antioxidant properties. Moreover carotenoids are full of Vitamin A which is essential for good health. Tocopherols also contain major vitamins.

Anti-Parasitic Properties

This oil is attributed with qualities that can come handy in combating parasitic diseases like schistosomiasis; a disease transmitted through snails. Research conducted in countries like China and Russia, has associated pumpkin seed oil with providing relief from intestinal infections caused by tapeworms.

Boosts Kidney function

The health benefits of pumpkin seed oil do not cease to surprise. Two researches conducted in Thailand shows how munching the seeds as snacks could prevent the body from acquiring kidney stones. The oil is capable of reducing bladder pressure and urethral pressure.

Insomnia

The presence of a high content of tryptophan in pumpkin seed oil makes it useful in combating with problems related with sleep disorders or insomnia.

Images of Pumpkin Seed Oil

Picture 3 -

Pumpkin Seeds

Source – indiamart.com

Pumpkin Seed Oil Recipes

The Austrian people love pumpkin seed oil for its nutty flavor. This oil is ideal for salad dressings and is also added to soups. Majority of the times, it is used with apple cider vinegar. Moreover there are ample recipes for sausage, cakes, noodle salad etc.

Pumpkin Seed Oil Side Effects

Pumpkin seed oil has not been associated with any side effects. Apart from the exception of mild stomach aches, this oil does not cause any harmful side effects. However it is always recommended to consult a physician before consumption of this oil.

Where to buy Pumpkin Seed Oil?

Pumpkin seed oil supplements in the form of capsules etc are available in most of the health stores and nutrition stores.

You will come across lots of pumpkin seed oil suppliers and dealers online.

Reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumpkin_seed_oil

http://www.pumpkinseedoil.com/

http://guide2herbalremedies.com/health-benefits-pumpkin-seed-oil/

http://www.ehow.com/about_5106341_health-benefits-pumpkin-seed-oil.html

by baishakhee

4 Responses to Pumpkin Seed Oil

Busy Bee April 24, 2013 at 5:06 am #

On the Pumpkin Seed Oil for hair growth: Taken internally or massage the oil into the scalp?

Krahujec June 21, 2013 at 7:48 pm #

I know about the stuff, but once it is supposed to effect the hormone level, a good and reasonable guess would be to EAT it. No harm in massaging it anywhere on the body though :)

Nole July 9, 2013 at 11:59 am #

Both. Before sleeping, massage your entire scalp with about a teaspoon of pumpkin seed oil. As this oil is staining pillows, use a dark green or black pillow to sleep on and wash it with a shampoo in the morning If you have dandruff and itchy scalp, you will benefit from this oil. Continue taking and massaging your scalp with this oil and you will reap results.

You ask why your ordering it? Don't you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Archived