Trolls

It's just a forum thing TV is no better than worse than other forums. Dik heads everywhere. Havind said that.... Someone will ask a question about painting a house blue in Isaan and where to get the best primer. 2 people will tell him blue is a shit colour 3 will tell him he should be living in Pattaya, a few will of course say Isaan is shit and why isn't he married to a hi-so white half chinese university educated doctor. A raft of responses will decry Thai's and not to use them as labourers because they are lazy useless drunks and if he is lucky he won't be murdered (which will be then made to look like suicide) in cahoots with the RTP. If he is lucky maybe someone will attempt to answer his question reasonably.. welcome to TV tongue.png

I find that there are any number of original posts on here that deserve to be slandered, criticized, insulted, ridiculed and humiliated.

And those that don't?

OP, am trying to give you a non-troll answer

• normally, those posts get the most troll answers that ARE starting as troll posts / bashing posts / ranting post (yours is such an example and made me think of other answers...)
  • however, there are specialized forums on here (health, internet, local forums, VISA, marriage etc etc) where the overwhelming majority of answers is given to REALLY help the OP. I have opened few threads myself and never been trolled with my serious and clearly formulated posts.
  • most troll posts are opened in General or some local formus, but the Mods deal with them and move them to where they belong - Pub forum.
  • also, you are new here and you can not know that a lot of the "older" trolls have disappeards from ThaiVisa and have gone to the "dark side" forum of their own... therefore in my opinion, the number of troll posts has gone down considerably.
  • finally, as on every forum, you always have members with thin skin who start bikkering contests with each other (seen such a thread this morning where the Mods had to delete loads of posts) and other members have too much time on hand and know nothing better than trolling around
In general, I am happy with the work of the Mods and find TV still a great source of information - if you use it as such and ignore the trolls

Greetings and enjoy the forum

Rather to the yellow side I heard...

<OP, am trying to give you a non-troll answer

• normally, those posts get the most troll answers that ARE starting as troll posts / bashing posts / ranting post (yours is such an example and made me think of other answers...)
  • however, there are specialized forums on here (health, internet, local forums, VISA, marriage etc etc) where the overwhelming majority of answers is given to REALLY help the OP. I have opened few threads myself and never been trolled with my serious and clearly formulated posts.
  • most troll posts are opened in General or some local formus, but the Mods deal with them and move them to where they belong - Pub forum.
  • also, you are new here and you can not know that a lot of the "older" trolls have disappeards from ThaiVisa and have gone to the "dark side" forum of their own... therefore in my opinion, the number of troll posts has gone down considerably.
  • finally, as on every forum, you always have members with thin skin who start bikkering contests with each other (seen such a thread this morning where the Mods had to delete loads of posts) and other members have too much time on hand and know nothing better than trolling around

In general, I am happy with the work of the Mods and find TV still a great source of information - if you use it as such and ignore the trolls

Greetings and enjoy the forum>

From where the trolls live and multiply like maniacs...welcome to the club.

You made a B trollish, enough to let you in.

After 48 posts? and you have decided that people are trolls?

Who are you, and are you not a troll?

I have been a troll for years, but shush - no one knows about it.

How dare you come onto this Forum and start giving out your ins and outs and whatevers about who is who and who is not. And how people should speak and how they should act.

If you don't like this Forum or others - start your own.

I don't like newbies mouthing off as if they know everything. Unless this newbie is an oldie pretending...

did you have a bad hair day, dear Patsy? whistling.gif

NO. J'ai manger trop de fondue!!

Mods please leave that wee sentence in French, it says that i ate too much fondue last night, Which Swiss may understand. It was perhaps the putting of the bread into the kirsh before the cheese.

But i stand by what i say. Some whippersnapper comes on here and gives out instructions left right and center. Having been a member of this forum for years i feel that i do have a voice.

And the OP upset me. But i am ok now. He blew my cover, that's all. Instead of being a sexy Irish female - i am actually a 70 year old drooling Oz.

Edited by Patsycat

I find that there are any number of original posts on here that deserve to be slandered, criticized, insulted, ridiculed and humiliated.

And those that don't?

I am a believer in civility. I try to be helpful, as do most people here. What tries my patience is those who whose purpose is to incite riot and those too gormless to help themselves. In the latter category are those who equate TV with Google.

Just imagine a forum without the trolls, the 'if you don't like it go home' brigade, and the keyboard warriors. It just ain't gonna happen.

I found my post humorous too .Thank Snottythumbsup.gif

Someone's got to find you funny Kurt, but I'm not sure that's what snotty was trying to say to you.

It is always pleasant to see your cheery responses though. You're DEFINATELY not a troll.

I'm curious Swiss1960. Where's this "dark side" you speak of?

Is it teak in colour? or is it mango?

Sometimes where you see light, older and wiser beings see darkness falling:

"All that is gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost..."

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;.."

Sometimes a more open mind is needed, and a different perspective...

Edited by fletchsmile

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;.."

Yes, big and mango and in general, I enjoyed browsing through it from time to time (though not signed-in). See, I enjoyed SOME threads from the guys who moved (i.e. the TGAU was really great stuff), but on the other hand, they used (abused) some threads for too much personal "conversation" and the OP's - specially the virgin innocent newbies - did not really find answers they would have needed. That said... I miss some of the really good stuff they brought onto TVF, but hey, there is a saying in German which translated means "travelers should not be stopped" - meaning it is everybody's choice where they want to "stay" and contribute

Yes, big and mango and in general, I enjoyed browsing through it from time to time (though not signed-in). See, I enjoyed SOME threads from the guys who moved (i.e. the TGAU was really great stuff), but on the other hand, they used (abused) some threads for too much personal "conversation" and the OP's - specially the virgin innocent newbies - did not really find answers they would have needed. That said... I miss some of the really good stuff they brought onto TVF, but hey, there is a saying in German which translated means "travelers should not be stopped" - meaning it is everybody's choice where they want to "stay" and contribute

Live and let live hey !

It's amusing that some people here think other people have disappeared but in reality they're just putting their feet up on a Fiji ian still somewhere.

There's trolls and then there's trolls.

Slot if those people you refer to with the acronyms (I don't dare use them myself) have indeed gone nowhere. :D. Also several of them have contributed a h e l l of a lot to TVF over the years verses the rouge trolls that blow thru every so often.

Long Live TVF and the crazies that exist within its sphere of madness.

When encountering a troll post or nasty response there is no way currently to provide feedback to the poster that the comment is out of line except with a text response. And, in the heat of the moment, the response is sometimes demeaning. If TV were to simply add a "Dislike This" button I think the number of demeaning posts would go way down.

They can't.

This forum platform is an off the shelf product anyone can purchase.

It's like asking for a special feature in Microsoft Office. Only Microsoft can do it.

You want a dislike button, you'll have to contact the program manufacturer.

I always thought you were from the German-speaking part of Switzerland - as opposed to the French or Italian part.

Not that there's anything wrong with thatcoffee1.gif

I always thought you were from the German-speaking part of Switzerland - as opposed to the French or Italian part.

you forgot Romansh, spoken mainly in the southeast part of Switzerland, district of Grisons (Graubünden), as this is the 4th official Swiss national language

not that it's relevant to this thread, but for completeness coffee1.gif

you forgot Romansh, spoken mainly in the southeast part of Switzerland, district of Grisons (Graubünden), as this is the 4th official Swiss national language

not that it's relevant to this thread, but for completeness coffee1.gif

I would have failed the test. Thanks for the update. I like romansh people, robust romaine, ridiculous remakes and roaring romances, when my mouth isn't half full of marbles that is..giggle.gif

Makes it hard to pronounce shtuff.

When encountering a troll post or nasty response there is no way currently to provide feedback to the poster that the comment is out of line except with a text response. And, in the heat of the moment, the response is sometimes demeaning. If TV were to simply add a "Dislike This" button I think the number of demeaning posts would go way down.

They can't.

This forum platform is an off the shelf product anyone can purchase.

It's like asking for a special feature in Microsoft Office. Only Microsoft can do it.

You want a dislike button, you'll have to contact the program manufacturer.

We had Heineken and McEwan buttons, but the abuse was something dreadful, and it all ended in tears.