Coffee Connoisseurs - Reveal your secrets

ExpatOilWorker

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without doubt Ristr8to and Pacamara.

Both take coffee seriously and roast their own beans, That's where it all usually falls apart .... but these 2 know their beans.

I've not yet been able to find parking anywhere near Ristr8to - ever, so can't comment, but Pacamara is my favorite.

Edited by elektrified

Both take coffee seriously and roast their own beans, That's where it all usually falls apart .... but these 2 know their beans.

I've not yet been able to find parking anywhere near Ristr8to - ever, so can't comment, but Pacamara is my favorite.

There is a Ristr8to in Central Festival opposite KFC. You can try it there.

If you are serious about coffee ...... it's worth a try.

You guys paying 80 baht per cup at Pacamara? Must be great propaganda they are roasting.

I've been gone for a while and only recently returned. It was always 50 Baht for a coffee. They do have 2 sizes though. Never had the large so can't comment on the price.

There is a Ristr8to in Central Festival opposite KFC. You can try it there.

If you are serious about coffee ...... it's worth a try.

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware there was a branch there. Will give it a try.

Worth a try if you can find one nowadays. The traditional coffee and tea cart at the side of the road in the evenings. Strong thai coffee strained through what looks like a cotton sock. Great if you like strong coffee and condensed milk which i do. Often you can order steamed soft bread with the green pandan sauce and eat it with tiny forks. This is an exotic traditional thai coffee experience for any coffee lover visting Thailand. Seems to have gone out of fashion with the locals though.

Worth a try if you can find one nowadays. The traditional coffee and tea cart at the side of the road in the evenings. Strong thai coffee strained through what looks like a cotton sock. Great if you like strong coffee and condensed milk which i do. Often you can order steamed soft bread with the green pandan sauce and eat it with tiny forks. This is an exotic traditional thai coffee experience for any coffee lover visting Thailand. Seems to have gone out of fashion with the locals though.

They used to sell great cafe boran on the streets of Bangkok many years ago. The stuff you find these days is so old and stale from sitting around all day because very few people drink it now so there is little turnover. I never liked the sweetened milk so always ordered coffee without it; only regular milk if they had it. Never tried the bread dough with green sauce...never will.

Yup....a thing of the past pretty much.....

A 50 baht cup of coffee is generally better than a 25 baht cup. But I'll be honest. Taste wise, I can't tell the difference between a 50 baht coffee and a 100 baht coffee.

I've had coffee at street side stalls and top end hotels. The coffee that I remember, enjoy and consistently go back for is the one served at a HK coffee chain called Delifrance that serve a regular French Roast.

T

Iran a threat to the world, thousands dying, daily, in many countries as well as traffic fatalities mounting in Thailand along with slavery issues and new graves and you, you ask about coffee ? Oil riggers are too isolated I think !

Iran a threat to the world, thousands dying, daily, in many countries as well as traffic fatalities mounting in Thailand along with slavery issues and new graves and you, you ask about coffee ? Oil riggers are too isolated I think !

Just maybe he wants a good coffee and not all the bad news from around the frikkin world !

A 50 baht cup of coffee is generally better than a 25 baht cup. But I'll be honest. Taste wise, I can't tell the difference between a 50 baht coffee and a 100 baht coffee.

I can't either and my theory is that most people can't. I go to a 20 baht place and a 25 baht place most days and they are as good as the expensive places for a regular coffee.

Me thinks you need a manager so you can cease handling yourself.

There's numerous, countless, posts relating to the world's and in particular, Thailand's tragedies. Most responded to in a positive manner.

A member asks a legitimate question on a public forum....... get a hobby, or better still, a life.