EPL Transfers, Rumours etc, Summer 2015

uptheos

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds talking to Joey Barton....#madeforeachother biggrin.png

Oh Lord aren't they just. [emoji85]

redrus

I can forgive an old parson for living in the past. Not much different from your mob mate last season:

Leeds games played per red card 9

Manchester United games played per red card 8

Average fouls committed per game Leeds 2.0

Average fouls committed per game Manchester United 1.7

Let's just call it evens! laugh.png

[Leeds-loiner for a few years, but never a committed Leeds United fan]

Source: http://www.footstats.co.uk

I can forgive an old parson for living in the past. Not much different from your mob mate last season:

Leeds games played per red card 9

Manchester United games played per red card 8

Average fouls committed per game Leeds 2.0

Average fouls committed per game Manchester United 1.7

Let's just call it evens! laugh.png

[Leeds-loiner for a few years, but never a committed Leeds United fan]

Source: http://www.footstats.co.uk

Since you're new to the game, you are forgiven for not knowing the history of what was universally known as "Dirty Leeds".

biggrin.png

I started watching football over 50 years ago. Your attempts at re-profiling me are wearing thin, even if you do put a smiley after them!

Jaysus, how many clubs have you supported in that time?

thumbsup.gif

Carlisle United, Norwich City and Ipswich Town (the latter two coterminously), Leeds United (without great conviction - they were boring post-Revie) and Arsenal. For 2 years I worked in the US in the early 80s I was converted to sitting in aircon domes being supplied with beer and burgers - came back to London and couldn't standing on cold terraces with meat pies and Bovril, so I forsook the game for 5 years. 20 odd years after that I was too busy career chasing to really follow a team beyond watching MOTD

All places where I lived. Nothing to do with the kind of plastic form-chasing behaviour you implicitly accuse me of. Why would I have gravitated towards Arsenal in the last 10 years if I was a form-team chaser? Seems to be a slight logical flaw in your berating of anyone who has joined without putting in the decades on the Highbury terraces tongue.png

FA qualified ref too (inter-university and local leagues in my 20's - so don't go telling me I know nothing about the game. Football supporting is a broad church. If it wasn't for us so-called plastics all you life-long terraces mongrels would be still be on the 70s style terraces with rapidly declining attendancescoffee1.gif

Er - time to go back to transfers, rumours I think.

Who do you want to see at Arsenal. I'd be happy with Cech, Schneiderlin and Higuain or their equals (since none of these will presumably be runners for various reasons, mostly cos Wenger will have different views). I suspect that one or two of Wilshere, Welbeck, Chambers, Debuchy, Arteta has to go to raise 20m+ inflow on top of the 40+ that can presumably be released from surpluses. Sanogo (done nothing for Pardew at Palace) and Flamini could go - for not a lot. Hope that the Cazorla back-home rumours are misplaced. Rosicky still a good utility sub IMO but I guess he could go if the price was right.

Carlisle United, Norwich City and Ipswich Town (the latter two coterminously), Leeds United (without great conviction - they were boring post-Revie) and Arsenal. For 2 years I worked in the US in the early 80s I was converted to sitting in aircon domes being supplied with beer and burgers - came back to London and couldn't standing on cold terraces with meat pies and Bovril, so I forsook the game for 5 years. 20 odd years after that I was too busy career chasing to really follow a team beyond watching MOTD

All places where I lived. Nothing to do with the kind of plastic form-chasing behaviour you implicitly accuse me of. Why would I have gravitated towards Arsenal in the last 10 years if I was a form-team chaser? Seems to be a slight logical flaw in your berating of anyone who has joined without putting in the decades on the Highbury terraces tongue.png

FA qualified ref too (inter-university and local leagues in my 20's - so don't go telling me I know nothing about the game. Football supporting is a broad church. If it wasn't for us so-called plastics all you life-long terraces mongrels would be still be on the 70s style terraces with rapidly declining attendancescoffee1.gif

You may need to explain the coterminous nature of the Norwich and Ipswich support - I am guessing that you spent similar amounts of time in each location ? Most odd to support one then the other.

I spent 7 year sin Norwich but could not develop any affinity with the team (often standing in the away end for matches). When I moved to Ipswich I quickly became attached to the Tractor Boys. Obviously, the 2 clubs hate each other!

I have supported Forest for almost 50 years. That is not easy from 10,000 km away when they get little exposure on TV.

I cannot watch the EPL as an armchair neutral; football is about winning and I have the need to 'follow' one team. My Premiership support attaches to Man United - ironic really because I hated them when Forest were in the top flight.

I am seriously thinking of a switch to Arsenal. They are no longer boring and contributed to some of the best games last season. I even have a slightly grudging respect for Arsene Wenger - in the way that it took me 20 years to respect SAF's achievements.

Apparently James Milner is holding talks with both Liverpool and Arsenal

He's not holding talks with Arsenal.

OK then. If "The Chicog" says it ain't so, it musn't be true.

James Milner 'holds talks with Arsenal and Liverpool'

James Milner has held talks with both Arsenal and Liverpool about signing for them on a Bosman free transfer this summer, according to Sky sources.

The versatile midfielder's contract at Manchester City expires this month and the club are believed to have offered him improved terms to stay.

But, at 29, he started just 18 of the 32 Premier League games he appeared in last term and he is understood to be interested in a move to a club that would guarantee him a more regular first-team place.

Sky sources understand Milner will not make a decision about his future until after the upcoming England games against Republic of Ireland, a friendly on June 7, and Slovenia, a crucial European Qualifier away from home on June 14.

Milner has been previously linked with a switch to Liverpool. It is understood a number of clubs from across Europe are interested in his signing and Arsenal are also one of them.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9871661/james-milner-holds-talks-with-arsenal-and-liverpool

I'm not sure if you've noticed or not, but we aren't exactly light in the attacking midfielder department.

biggrin.png

The scousers might want him though, for them he'd be an improvement.

I'm not sure if you've noticed or not, but we aren't exactly light in the attacking midfielder department.

It doesn't matter what I think, I just posted what is being reported. But it doesn't matter anyway cos you have confirmed he isn't having talks with Arsenal. We are so lucky to have someone on the inside in this forum tongue.png

It doesn't matter what I think, I just posted what is being reported. But it doesn't matter anyway cos you have confirmed he isn't having talks with Arsenal. We are so lucky to have someone on the inside in this forum tongue.png

Milner is nothing special.

I'm sure he'll get a deal, but it will be with one of the smaller clubs, like the tiny totts.

biggrin.png

Milner is nothing special.

I'm sure he'll get a deal, but it will be with one of the smaller clubs, like the tiny totts.

biggrin.png

Looks like Milner is hell bent on leaving regardless of what sort of deal City might come up with. I can't see him leaving England. Seems Liverpool would be in the driver's seat where he ought to get week in and week out duty.coffee1.gif

Is he out of contract or still a year to go?

That is conclusive proof you don't bladdy read posts before you reply. Blimey Chicog, the post above (which you replied to) with the link to skysports says he is out of contract this month.

Is he out of contract or still a year to go?

That is conclusive proof you don't bladdy read posts before you reply. Blimey Chicog, the post above (which you replied to) with the link to skysports says he is out of contract this month.

Well since the headline is obviously bolleaux, why would I open it?

blink.png

Well since the headline is obviously bolleaux, why would I open it?

blink.png

You didn't have to open anything. It was in the main body of the actual post you replied to. Look below, in Red blink.png

James Milner 'holds talks with Arsenal and Liverpool'

James Milner has held talks with both Arsenal and Liverpool about signing for them on a Bosman free transfer this summer, according to Sky sources.

The versatile midfielder's contract at Manchester City expires this month and the club are believed to have offered him improved terms to stay.

But, at 29, he started just 18 of the 32 Premier League games he appeared in last term and he is understood to be interested in a move to a club that would guarantee him a more regular first-team place.

Sky sources understand Milner will not make a decision about his future until after the upcoming England games against Republic of Ireland, a friendly on June 7, and Slovenia, a crucial European Qualifier away from home on June 14.

Milner has been previously linked with a switch to Liverpool. It is understood a number of clubs from across Europe are interested in his signing and Arsenal are also one of them.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9871661/james-milner-holds-talks-with-arsenal-and-liverpool

Archived