Singer weeps, sorry for pedestrian's death

Bangkok:- A famous singer was in tears, as he attended a press conference on Monday to explain about the fatal road accident that he got involved, his grief and his intention to take responsibility.

The press conference took place after the singer, Saranyoo Winaipanich, has already apologized and asked for forgiveness from the victim’s family.

“I am so sorry for what happened,” he said.

Saranyoo was driving back home on the night of April 30 when his car hit a pedestrian causing fatal injuries. The victim succumbed on May 8.

The singer said the accident happened on a road section that had no light on. According to him, even though he focused his attention on driving, it was impossible to apply his brake in time.

“The moment I noticed the pedestrian, I applied brake. But it’s too late,” Saranyoo said

The singer is not a drinker. On that day, he said his car was not speeding either. After the accident happened, Saranyoo got out of his car and rushed to the victim

He also waited at the scene for police to arrive.

“I will not run away. I will take responsibility,” he said.

Saranyoo has done his best to ensure the victim get proper treatment and try to offer assistance as much as he can.

“I had been praying every day that he would recover,” the singer said tearfully, “But my prayer went unanswered”.

Police have already pressed charges against Saranyoo. But given his heartfelt apology and noticeable repentance, the victim’s family has already forgiven him.

OF course, being the cynic that I am I have to believe that a hefty financial contribution to the family helped to lessen their grief.

I will say that I am impressed by the singer's willingness to accept accountability. Not something one sees a lot of among Thai drivers.

OF course, being the cynic that I am I have to believe that a hefty financial contribution to the family helped to lessen their grief.

I will say that I am impressed by the singer's willingness to accept accountability. Not something one sees a lot of among Thai drivers.

Ahhh...where is the Ferrari driving cop killer? Contrast this singer to the morality taught by a super rich family.

"The singer is not a drinker. On that day, he said his car was not speeding either."

According to his PR rep.

​Ok I'm being cynical, it could well be it wasn't his fault. Pedestrians are dumb asses at times as well as drivers.

At least he stayed at the accident site and tried to render assistance. Unheard of for Thais. If he had an alcohol test and was clean, he shouldn't be charged. Why are the police charging him? They should be pursuing the "depraved heart murder" of the Thai cop on Sukhumvit by the sports car Ferrari driver trying to shake the cop loose from the windshield for 200 meters.

No big deal he didn't run away. A decent person would not leave the scene, whether the accident be their fault or not.

If he's taking responsibility, then he's accepting the accident was his fault.

Tears of guilt.

Why shouldn't he be remorseful if the accident was his fault.

Though this is not "normal" behaviour for a Thai.

What have the police charged him with? Reads to me that the pedestrian was more at fault, if he was driving at a reasonable speed and paying attention. Of course, we only have his word for that, but he hardly acted as if it was his fault so he had to flee the scene.

No big deal he didn't run away. A decent person would not leave the scene, whether the accident be their fault or not.

Tears of guilt.

How long have you been in Thailand? How many accident reports have you seen where someone did NOT do a runner? A Thai running from the scene of an accident is a national past time.

He's driving at normal speed, in an area that is not well lit, and a pedestrian possibly steps in front of him and is struck. No reports he was drinking, no reports he was speeding, no reports of him being on drugs, no reports of him driving recklessly. For all we know, the pedestrian could have been drinking, could have been walking & stumbling stupidly, and then stepped in front of the car. That's why they call them "accidents".

Tears of guilt.

How about tears of remorse that he was involved in someone losing their life.

And where is the proof that the accident was his "fault"? Or do you have some insider information, or tell-all Crystal Ball that says - "Yep! Damn right! All his fault!"

That statement is the only thing you said in this entire post that actually makes sense.

You strike me as a very cynical individual, who has a glass that is perpetually "half empty", never "half full".

Edited by Just1Voice

What a country!!

Someone becomes a hero and role model for not fleeing the scene................coffee1.gif

His grief and remorse would be a little more believable, if he had kept it private and not expressed it at a press conference, no doubt arranged by his manager!!

At least he was man enough to stay at the accident and try to help, unlike so many other spineless cowards in this country who run away without consideration of others involved in the accident.

If this is, how the story went down, I will say Kudos to him.

Sure, payments will be made, public apologies and all that...

But he was NOT drunk, NOT speeding, stayed at the scene of the accident and tried to help and waited for the police and ambulance to arrive instead of making a runner...and he says, he is willing to take responsibility!

I wish, there were a few more like him!

Chapeau, sir!

Thai and thai gov don't understand that it is not always about speeding. One drives at a speed to which the conditions allow. Unless the guy stepped off the curb/ran across the street right in front of him my guess is the driver was at fault b/c he was driving at a speed greater than the conditions allowed.

He blames area missing lights so he didn't adjust his speed to allow a safe breaking distance. In the West, that is called driving blind....

He is at fault so he should/must take responsibility....

Edited by cardinalblue

Thai and thai gov don't understand that it is not always about speeding. One drives at a speed to which the conditions allow. Unless the guy stepped off the curb/ran across the street right in front of him my guess is the driver was at fault b/c he was driving at a speed greater than the conditions allowed.

He blames area missing lights so he didn't adjust his speed to allow a safe breaking distance. In the West, that is called driving blind....

He is at fault so he should/must take responsibility....

So by your logic if a pedestrian steps out in front of you on an unlit road its your fault for not driving at less than 5 mph?

Ahhh...where is the Ferrari driving cop killer? Contrast this singer to the morality taught by a super rich family.

Yes, but you see the singer is not a heir of the mega super duper Red Bull family dynasty or a Na Aduhya, like the brat trying to appeal her very soft sentence for causing the death of 9. They are entitled to be above all laws, totally spoiled and allowed to do anything they like in this country - Sarcasm.

From his actions he's a decent person so clearly not HiSo wealthy super connected.

At least he stayed at the accident site and tried to render assistance. Unheard of for Thais. If he had an alcohol test and was clean, he shouldn't be charged. Why are the police charging him? They should be pursuing the "depraved heart murder" of the Thai cop on Sukhumvit by the sports car Ferrari driver trying to shake the cop loose from the windshield for 200 meters.

..................."Unheard of for Thais."...................??????????

Your blatant anti-Thai comments have officially hit rock bottom. How can you expect to make an absolutely unprovable and wrong blanket statement and get away with it ?

The problem with most pedestrians is that they tend to wear dark clothing and this makes them very hard to see in poorly lit areas. The cops probably have charged the driver with manslaughter or similar.

But did he manage to update his Facebook page, send several Tweets and answer the hundreds of outstanding text messages before he looked up and saw that he was about to hit a pedestrian?

At least he was man enough to stay at the accident and try to help, unlike so many other spineless cowards in this country who run away without consideration of others involved in the accident.

There are spineless cowards in every country, (some are politicians) and not only in Thailand

In fact this guy did a great and respectful thing, witch can not be comprehended by Thai bashers....!

Edited by off road pat

What a country!!

Someone becomes a hero and role model for not fleeing the scene................coffee1.gif

His grief and remorse would be a little more believable, if he had kept it private and not expressed it at a press conference, no doubt arranged by his manager!!

Well ,...if he kept it private you would say, he has no remorse, and so on,....Thai bashers always find something....

One of the few Thais willing to take responsibility, good for him. This is the norm in any western country. Over here it's a rare sight since most drivers just flee the scene.

This Singer had every chance to do a runner,and disappear! but decided to stay at the scene,and face the consequences, however one is sceptical of his motives,I personally believe he is genuine in his remorse!

I don't know the exact circumstances but usually when someone (drunk or sober) runs down a pedestrian and kills him charges are warranted.