Singer weeps, sorry for pedestrian's death

Thaivisa News

Why is that each and every incident, as if uncommon in any other country or society, such as an accident ( in this case seemingly An Accident) robbery, a death; needs to be blamed on Thailand and the Thais as a whole! It seems that most of the T.V members' sole intention is to bash Thailand and the Thais regardless of ethics and fairness. Even if there would be a report of an incident elsewhere, some T.V members would have no hesitation to promptly drag Thais into the discussion. These are irresponsible, biased and "sorry" people who have no purpose in life other than to bash the Thais. while enjoying the freedom, hospitality and the benefits of living in Thailand.

What a country!!

Someone becomes a hero and role model for not fleeing the scene................coffee1.gif

His grief and remorse would be a little more believable, if he had kept it private and not expressed it at a press conference, no doubt arranged by his manager!!

If he did not show his remorse in public you would have blamed him for that.

OF course, being the cynic that I am I have to believe that a hefty financial contribution to the family helped to lessen their grief.

I will say that I am impressed by the singer's willingness to accept accountability. Not something one sees a lot of among Thai drivers.

so why moan and complain?

Take you shit colored glasses off

its terrible when "stopping, rendering assistance and showing remorse" are characteristics of a good role model and not the norm

Good on him for stopping, rendering assistance and showing remorse. High profile people like him need to be role models. Let the court decide who was at fault, at least he was man enough to face the consequences.

But did he manage to update his Facebook page, send several Tweets and answer the hundreds of outstanding text messages before he looked up and saw that he was about to hit a pedestrian?

Pretty stupid statement, wouldn't you say?

Plenty of comments about all kinds of nonsense but no question about why there was an unlighted roadway section or why he did not see the unlighted section until he was already within it. Maybe because the posting starts off from the gitgo with it's own titillating version of nonsense? Sleepy, preoccupied, drunk, texting or even just talking to someone including themselves... we don't need to waste a sentence on... and certainly not what the driver does (or used to do) for a living, how fancy his or her car is (or was) nor not how he or she "feels" (or may have felt) about what happened.

Edited by maewang99

The problem with most pedestrians is that they tend to wear dark clothing and this makes them very hard to see in poorly lit areas. The cops probably have charged the driver with manslaughter or similar.

Here,here. The local council should be sued for failure to provide adequate street lighting. Sukhumvit between Pattaya and Sattahip has great swathes of road poorly or not lit. It takes weeks before the fault is found/fixed. Add to that the number of motor bikes without rear lights and you have a recipe for disaster. Of course no cops after dark or if there are any doing a bag-a-drunk farang exercise they let bikes through without noticing no rear lights.

There's also a lunatic Thai who walks down the road alongside the central verge about 7.15pm. He is almost invisible and close to suicide nightly.

But did he manage to update his Facebook page, send several Tweets and answer the hundreds of outstanding text messages before he looked up and saw that he was about to hit a pedestrian?

+1, and I am surprised this famous Thai singer, Saranyoo Winaipanich, would allow a Thai bashing farang to be a passenger of his car and witness the lead-up to the accident.

• 2 weeks later...

+1, and I am surprised this famous Thai singer, Saranyoo Winaipanich, would allow a Thai bashing farang to be a passenger of his car and witness the lead-up to the accident.

Artisi - "pretty stupid statement"? How do you figure? The use of mobile/cell phones is a massive contributor to motor vehicle incidents and is a possible reason for this incident.

mikemac - "Thai bashing"? Where, in my post, do I blame the reason for the occurrence of the incident on the person's nationality? The use of mobile/cell phones, whilst driving, is a global problem. If you can somehow construe my comments as 'Thai bashing' methinks that it is you that has the problem.

The only thing I'd say about this news report it, it's ENTIRELY based on the claims of the singer-driver and his camp.

Not a word in the report anywhere about whether any of what the singer-driver said is true...

Did the police test him for intoxication and what was the result?

Was the road where the accident occurred in fact unlit?

Where was the pedestrian when he was hit?

How fast was the car traveling at the time of the collision, and what was the speed limit there?

For the Thai police who so love to spout off in the news media, they're strangely silent in this news report.