Non-O for Marriage +annual ext

I've been poring over dozens of threads for several hours now, and my eyeballs feel like they've been rolled in flour - so I have to ask...

If I want a Non-O for marriage, but I want to be able to leave the country occasionally, do I need a multi-O? Or is a single-O enough to get the annual extension with re-entry permit?

If so, why would someone applying to get a marriage extension want to get a multi-O?

Also, my setup is such that proving the 40/400k funds is difficult. I understand that Savannakhet is the place to go for this case, but all the discussions I can find with Savannakhet seem to be about multi-O.

I don't want to rock up there and find I'm getting the wrong visa, which is the kind of thing that happens to me!

A confirmation would be very welcome - thanks!

Since you have difficulty with the requirements for an extension of stay, applying for a multiple non-O in Savanakhet is the way to go. (Lack of finances is one of the reasons people apply for a multiple).

A multiple will allow you to leave the country (in fact you must leave every 90 days) without a re-entry permit.

• Like 1

Thanks Mario - what I forgot to mention is that a lawyer I am in touch with assures me that he can navigate the annual extension financial requirements.

If that's the case, then presumably I don't need a multi-O?

Timbo,

In whole honesty don't do it, it could come and bite you later on.

Just goto Savannakhet and get a Multiple Entry Non O visa.

Good Luck

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

Thanks Mario - what I forgot to mention is that a lawyer I am in touch with assures me that he can navigate the annual extension financial requirements.

If that's the case, then presumably I don't need a multi-O?

Timbo,

In whole honesty don't do it, it could come and bite you later on.

Just goto Savannakhet and get a Multiple Entry Non O visa.

Good Luck

Yes that was my first instinct too, but he has good form among friends and says it's a service being offered actually inside the application centre... whistling.gif

Regardless, my question is this - if I were to produce the required evidence when I applied for the annual extension, would a multi-O be the wrong visa?

Kind of a hypothetical question, but could one begin with that multiple entry Non-O and then decide later on to do the 12-month extension? My understanding is that with the single-entry one applies for the extension during the last 30 days...does this translate to the multiple-entry as well?

So in theory, maybe one leaves after 90 days and comes back in to activate the second entry--at this point does one need to wait sixty more days to extend the multiple-entry Non-O? Or can he apply for extension immediately?

The Non-O multiple entry is the right visa as it will give you 15 months to get your affairs in order (money wise), but the only disadvantage is that you need to do Border Runs every 90 days.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

The Non-O multiple entry is the right visa as it will give you 15 months to get your affairs in order (money wise), but the only disadvantage is that you need to do Border Runs every 90 days.

So basically, the multi-O has to expire before they will extend the visa?

I'm actually switching from non-B just to get away from the 90-day runs, so it sounds like I really need a single-O.

No, you can extend for 1 year during any 90 day entry. But a single entry would be enough and a multiple costs more money.

If they ever find out that the proof was false you will be prosecuted, probably go to jail and be expelled.

• Like 1

No, you can extend for 1 year during any 90 day entry. But a single entry would be enough and a multiple costs more money.

If they ever find out that the proof was false you will be prosecuted, probably go to jail and be expelled.

Ok got it, thanks for all the advice gents!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Timbo . Going the illegal route is really a bad idea.
When the brown stuff hits the fan it will be you that gets slung in jail and deported.
Not the smart alec lawyer.

The "smart alec" lawyer who has already been handsomely rewarded before the punter has to dodge the brown stuff !

Anything in a passport which is "dodgy" is the sole responsibility of the passport holder.

Edited by nzexpat

Not sure you mean by this in your OP "Also, my setup is such that proving the 40/400k funds is difficult."

It is 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months in your name only or 40k baht income not both.

If cannot meet the financial requirements for the extension then a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet. It means leaving the country every 90 days but you can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife that mean you would not need to go out for almost 5 months for the first 2 entries.