Why is every topic initially posted to the General Forum quickly moved to another forum?

NancyL

You know, I don't look at every forum on Thai Visa every day. Sorry. Just can't do. Never had. There are some I've never clicked thru. Farming, Golf, Diving, and places I've never been and don't plan to visit in the near future.

But there are a few Thai Visa Forums I like to check out every day -- my local forum -- Chiang Mai, plus the News, Visas and the General forum. But it seems like lately every topic on the first page of the General forum has an arrow and has been moved to another forum. If the topic is of interest, I click on it and I'm taken to another forum, another terrain to navigate, with a different population and in some cases an "in crowd" of commentators and not the wider audience of the General forum.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does it bother anyone else also?

Description of General Forum below. Perhaps this should be moved to Forum Support. biggrin.png

A forum for general interest & discussion topics related to Thailand only and not covered by other sub forums.
The General Forum is not a place for chit chat, banter and daily life observations. Those sort of topics should be placed in the Farang Pub sub forum

Some posters don't seem to have figured out yet how there are other branches besides general, so when for example someone is posting about having computer problems on the general branch it's a good idea to redirect to the appropriate technology branches. Makes sense to me unless you revel in chaos. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

Oh no, Tywais. Don't move my thread already. You've kept the thread about the guy spending 500,000 baht remodeling his in-laws home on the General forum instead of doing the kind thing and shooting it in the head and sending it off the to Farang Pub forum.

Oh no! I've crossed the line. I'm commenting on moderation.

Quite often there is another forum where the topic will receive better replies because that forum deals specifically with that topic's subject matter. If left in the busy General forum it soon drops down to the second page, and if it hasn't attracted much interest by then, it simply dies. When placed in a relevant forum the topic's longevity is usually greatly enhanced.

Moving an item to another area doesnt stop the original title being displayed in General, and its still visible and accessible via the link that's left, It just means that it is placed in its correct sub forum, often providing better responses, if people are searching for something specific and creates a sense of order.

Oh no, Tywais. Don't move my thread already. You've kept the thread about the guy spending 500,000 baht remodeling his in-laws home on the General forum instead of doing the kind thing and shooting it in the head and sending it off the to Farang Pub forum.

Oh no! I've crossed the line. I'm commenting on moderation.

An exception will be made for you, Milady.

I get multiple tabs that open for me when I start up my computer. Inbox, Facebook. BBC news... and new topics on TV. Maybe many people have that set to General, so are in fact unaware that there are other forums.

Removed a nonsensical post.

As this topic was started on the basis of the erroneous assumption that every topic initially posted to the General Forum is quickly moved to another forum, I am closing it.