Buying a car

Need to buy auto, been looking at SUV, don't want to buy new as will be stored 6-8 months a year. So been looking at 3-5 years old, in shock at prices that are asked, seems the Honda CRV very expensive, my ???s why so much for used cars.

That's why it's crazy to buy second hand, for a little more you can buy new. I would be very nervous buying a second hand car in Thailand anyway unless it was from a trusted farang.

Don't know why you'd be nervous, no different buying secondhand here than anywhere else. I had a Jazz then a D Max before I bought my new Triton. Both were purchased secondhand with low K's from a dealer. Never had an ounce of trouble with either.

For me these crazy prices for second hand cars are still kind of a mystery even after reading misc. explanations.

I would not buy a second hand car.

You don't lose money on cars here the way you might in a lot of countries where cars are cheaper. You drive a new car out of the showroom in Australia and it drops nearly 20% immediately.

thanks to all for the imput, couple of items to reply to, to store for 6-8 months I agree not good, but my thoughts better then to rent a car for 6 months each year, and have rented many already. Buy new and put away for 6 months kind of hurts too, I understand the cars hold there value better there, and it seems that SUV are on top of list.

For me these crazy prices for second hand cars are still kind of a mystery even after reading misc. explanations.

I would not buy a second hand car.

If you can afford a new one? Should know that a new Bemer or similar cost here 3 times of the price than in Europa, so used price is higher as well, and in this case you have to buy second hand. Unless you have unlmited funds.

For example: 4 year old second hand Ford Fiesta, you can buy for half for the price, of a new one. In Europe it will cost the same, so it's absolutely not expensive.

Edited by stingray