Yingluck says she will appear at Supreme Court next week to prove her innocence

webfact

Yingluck says she will appear at Supreme Court next week to prove her innocence

15-5-2558-12-30-08-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Ex-Premier Yingluck Shinawatra said she would appear at the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders on May 19 to prove her innocence in the implementation of the rice-pledging scheme.

Her assurance was given as she visited her elder sister Yaowapha Wongsawat in Chiang Mai to wish her happy birthday today.

Asked by reporters on the first hearing of the rice-pledging scheme in the Supreme Court next week, Yingluck says she would testify by herself in the court to prove her innocence.

When asked about the decision of the National Anti-Corruption Commission to indict her and her of malfeasance in office for their joint decision to provide financial compensation to victims of political violence during 2005-2010.

She declined comment saying today is her sister’s auspicious day and didn’t want to go into details.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-says-she-will-appear-at-supreme-court-next-week-to-prove-her-innocence

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-15

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She is going to need a miracle, not to prove her innocence, but to get away with it on a technicality perhaps.

BTW. Nice of her to say she will appear this time but I don't think she has a choice. Does she?

Edited by uty6543

She certainly has more testicular fortitude than her brother Thaksin.

Frankly I wish her the best of ying, because she is up against a stacked deck. And ,no I am not a YS fan.

Gimme a break. Anyone who thinks she has the balls for this is crazy. This will end badly for justice because she will twist what happens there into a drama show and tell people that court was biased or she wasn't represented properly because she went to it in person.

Frankly I wish her the best of ying, because she is up against a stacked deck. And ,no I am not a YS fan.

Did you read the topic title correctly? It reads " Yingluck SAYS" , which has as much value as her criminal brother SAID he would return after the olympic games.

Standard modus operandi in such circumstances isn't it? Right up until the moment of conviction, carry on trotting out these sorts of lines about respecting the judiciary, about facing justice square on, about accepting the verdict, about not fleeing. All gets chucked straight out the window if an unfavorable verdict gets handed down.

Gimme a break. Anyone who thinks she has the balls for this is crazy. This will end badly for justice because she will twist what happens there into a drama show and tell people that court was biased or she wasn't represented properly because she went to it in person.

And you don't believe the court will be biased?

I feel sorry for her. The whole system is loaded against her - corrupt to the core and I don't mean Yingluck.

60 odd million people in Thailand. Good percentage of those living on the bread line and below. Surely amongst those a few more deserving of sympathy than a woman who was handed untold wealth by her brother to act as figurehead for his various corrupt ventures and activities, and who is now having to answer for that, but with zero chance of ever actually having to take any sort of punishment, as she'll either do some sort of a deal with the powers that be, or simply flee to live in luxury somewhere else.

I feel sorry for her. The whole system is loaded against her - corrupt to the core and I don't mean Yingluck.

If the whole system is against her now it is a darn shame it was not before, instead of allowing her to get into the position she is now.

Give them enough rope.......................................................

Why would the court need to be biased? To have even made such a comment suggest that perhaps you were not paying close attention to the rice scam from inception to implosion.

If the whole system is against her now it is a darn shame it was not before, instead of allowing her to get into the position she is now.

Give them enough rope.......................................................

I prefer stoning by public at least I get something back for all the public funds she sqandered.

When hasn't it been? Do you think it was unbiased when it declared in 2001 that Thaksin hadn't hidden his assets?

If you want to wait for a totally unbiased court before sentencing someone, you might be waiting an awfully long time.

I suspect however that problem for Yingluck and her supporters isn't that the court might be biased, it's that the court isn't biased in her favour. Were it, there would be no issue, as there wasn't before, such as when she committed perjury and got away with it.

Ha ha - the red-shirt last line of defence.

Of course if she is acquitted, it becomes the reference point and proof of innocence.

This hypocrisy doesn't work any more. Do you seriously believe she is innocent in all of this ?.

When hasn't it been? Do you think it was unbiased when it declared in 2001 that Thaksin hadn't hidden his assets?

If you want to wait for a totally unbiased court before sentencing someone, you might be waiting an awfully long time.

I suspect however that problem for Yingluck and her supporters isn't that the court might be biased, it's that the court isn't biased in her favour. Were it, there would be no issue, as there wasn't before, such as when she committed perjury and got away with it.

No I'm sure the court in 2001 was pressurised - even if that only meant the pliability Thai courts often show in the presence of power.I certainly don't rule out Thaksin or his agents actually deploying the folding stuff.

But since then we have seen the rise of judicial activism and the notorious closed loop in the appointment of judges.The judicial system has been weaponised to fight popular democracy (along with military thuggery) because the Thai electorate keeps on giving the wrong anwer.

As to the impeachment charges against Yingluck they are clearly ludicrous on multiple grounds.One may as well impeach countless Presidents of the US for initiating and presiding over massive subsidy schemes in favour of the agricultural sector.

If there was personal corruption involved (as opposed to policy failings) the law should deal with it.But even the crazies haven't accused her of that (yet).

I understand your concern. She has been railroaded by corruption.

Except it was her own corruption. Where's the money gone?

Poor little rich girl. When she gets convicted we can expect big bro to ramp up the civil insurrection.

If she is going to prove she is innocent, she better bring a big lunch, she is going to be there a long time !!

I believe she is very dumb, naive or a victim of her own party because she could not or would not say no to them and "Dubai Dude" !!

This all should have been ended in the 2006 take over, not 9 years and billions of THB later.

Dear General/PM keep flushing until the water is clear, corruption is a Cancer and the poor uneducated have little or no chance in this very nice country !!

As to the impeachment charges against Yingluck they are clearly ludicrous on multiple grounds.One may as well impeach countless Presidents of the US for initiating and presiding over massive subsidy schemes in favour of the agricultural sector.

I don't think the initiating of the scheme was or is really the main problem. The problem is to do with the length of time that she, as head of it all, persisted with it, when it was plainly clear to every man and his dog, that the scheme was catastrophically failing with millions being lost on a daily basis. That's the area where some responsibility needs to be taken by those in charge at the time.

Of course it never will be, even if she or anyone else at the top is found guilty, so not much point worrying about it.

I don't think the initiating of the scheme was or is really the main problem. The problem is to do with the length of time that she, as head of it all, persisted with it, when it was plainly clear to every man and his dog, that the scheme was catastrophically failing with millions being lost on a daily basis. That's the area where some responsibility needs to be taken by those in charge at the time.

Of course it never will be, even if she or anyone else at the top is found guilty, so not much point worrying about it.

That's a perfectly fair point.Far better however for the Thai people to have ousted her party at a general election.It would have been possible given the general weariness with PTP particularly given the umbrella amnesty fiasco.If the Democrat Party had showed independence, courage and spirit this could have happened.It took a special kind of genius however to mount what is in effect a show trial and provide her with martyr status.That cannot be blamed on Abhisit of course but his culpability for the failure of decent politics is beyond doubt.

No, just doing its job. If she is in fact innocent she will be able to provide details proving so and show she did in fact do her duty.

She is not getting a rough deal, remember in kalasin people were given 15 years for picking mushrooms. They went to jail. This jumped up bimbo has lied repeatedly, been a puppet PM for Thaksin and chaired a scheme which was branded as self financing yet somehow lost 700,000,000,000THB in "the system" somewhere.

Not politically motivated, this is a current, pressing issue. Time to pay the piper

No I'm sure the court in 2001 was pressurised - even if that only meant the pliability Thai courts often show in the presence of power.I certainly don't rule out Thaksin or his agents actually deploying the folding stuff.

But since then we have seen the rise of judicial activism and the notorious closed loop in the appointment of judges.The judicial system has been weaponised to fight popular democracy (along with military thuggery) because the Thai electorate keeps on giving the wrong anwer.

If there was personal corruption involved (as opposed to policy failings) the law should deal with it.But even the crazies haven't accused her of that (yet).

Do you really believe a US President or any Western leader would never turn up to chair meetings, dismiss claims of corruption and mismanagement out of hand, allow billions of baht to be unaccounted for and allow their criminal fugitive sibling to run the government, dictate policy and appoint the cabinet?

Thais treat "impeachment" differently to others in that it can be invoked retrospectively in order to ban those who formerly held office when things come to light and prevent them from holding office again for 5 years. That's their law and our opinions on it are of no consequence. Although Thaksin's rice scheme, which was not managed as a subsidy but self financing, doesn't appear to have helped the agricultural sector much according the World Bank. It does seem to have presented lots of opportunities for corruption though, which PTP seem to have ignored. Maybe if the chair had turned up to the meetings .............?

The crazies who keep insisting she's done no wrong, totally innocent of anything, and everything against her is always simply politically motivated are detached from reality.

Her families wealth increased 450% during her term as PM. If only she and her brother had been so diligent in managing the nation's finances.

She scrubs up very nicely for someone pushing 50.

With her wealth, she could look attractive even if she was born with a face like the back end of a turkey.

But, as you say, for a 47 year old, she ain't bad.