Four Nigerians arrested in online love scam

Thaivisa News

How fat would a newspaper be if all the scams from Thais to farangs were reported

And what scams would that be ? When 50 and 60 something farang act like 12 year old boys on their first date, they are not being scammed...they are just being morons.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The woman also mailed her a photo of the parcel and told her that she needed to pay Bt160,000 for customs clearance. She transferred the money to her and found out later that she was deceived."

What did she think was in the parcel?

That is a fairly significant chunk of change to cough up for a gift parcel.

Agree and what these people use is the fact that thee are plenty of lonely people

in every country who overreact to anything which looks like love or caring etc.

Oh that makes my day. Wait, that makes my week. Wait that makes my year

So happy to see these scamming scum that pray on the hearts of people have been caught Good on you scammers

May you rest in jail for a long time

Delighted to see them getting caught.. Now deport them back to their own country and blacklist their passports to Thailand..

As for the Thai lady transferring THB 160,000 on basis of a picture.. ??? Well that is just plain stupid....

Curious whether they actually end up in the slammer for a few years or just get deported. In case they get deported, would also be interesting to see how as European governments have great difficulties in returning Nigerians to Nigeria. The Nigerian government is quite reluctant in taking them back, no surprise to me!

What with all the major crime, corruption, human trafficking, and counterfeit property racketeering in Thailand, another petty bust makes the headline news. Thais just don't get it. They perceive that throwing flack up, they will win world consensus that they are fighting crime in Thailand and making groundbreaking major busts.

What's petty about it? A person is scammed out of B60,000, not an insignificant sum, at least to me. She deserves protection and justice as much as anybody else does.

Being naive is not a crime. There are not very many of us who have not victimized ourselves with love's or lust's blinders.

This scam is run on an ongoing basis, targeting users on DATE in ASIA along with other similar dating sites. They put up a false express company website that looks quite genuine with what appears to be active package tracking and probably target 100 or so women at a time. They usually claim to be offshore oil workers who are in transit to Thailand, thus unable to pay the custom fees. They promise to pay back double the requested amount. I have known several girls who were targeted.

I am sure these 4 guys are just parts of a much larger ring. This scam is very well organized.

And yet the fact is in the reverse the same thing is happening on a unimaginable scale.. And yet I dont see the same response protecting the farang males from the scamming Thai women..

The woman also mailed her a photo of the parcel and told her that she needed to pay Bt160,000 for customs clearance. She transferred the money to her and found out later that she was deceived.

I'm just wondering if David was a sort of " jump out of the box" clown, who prefers to travel by post. thumbsup.gif

Maybe she thought she was getting a mail order husband lol

Anyone who is stupid to send a stranger 160,000 deserves to lose it.

What about the 1000's of Thai bar girls that do this to 1000's of foreign men everyday? Oh its OK for them to do that because they're doing it for their family. They're making merit when providing for the family.

Go boil your head you stupid neive woman. And if you want to know next weeks lottery numbers just send me 250,000 baht and il guarantee youll win 2,00000 baht jing jing

What with all the major crime, corruption, human trafficking, and counterfeit property racketeering in Thailand, another petty bust makes the headline news. Thais just don't get it. They perceive that throwing flack up, they will win world consensus that they are fighting crime in Thailand and making groundbreaking major busts.

My feelings exactly, when I recently heard that God was arrested for fraud I thought "Big deal, when are they going to start going after the REALLY BIG guys".

How about these 10,000 PLUS of Thai women and their countless scams against farangs?

How come we never see them at police station with the farang victims pointing their fingers?

Och well i get it its simply a matter of priorities!

You might be right. But in most cases, people fall in love with a bar girl. You can get them easily out of the bar, but the bar NEVER out of their brains.

Would you marry a prostitute from your country of origin? Well, Thai prostitutes are different, because they "play" the loving girl/woman.

So many "scammed guys" never listened to others telling them to read books like "Private Dancer" and believe what they've read.

I've heard so many times that people said: "My wife is not like them", but they never found out that they only bought them for a period of time.

Please Google how many men get ripped of in more civilized countries and have to pay for their ex- wises, even when they already have a new lover.

Same, same,but different? I don't think so.

...what is the difference when it is in person....

...Thai woman....foreign man.....

...'so handsome'....'love you forever'.....

...sign here......

...the difference is that Thai women are getting away with it......

Theres not a lot of difference..both parties are stupid.

Anyone who is stupid to send a stranger 160,000 deserves to lose it.

What about the 1000's of Thai bar girls that do this to 1000's of foreign men everyday? Oh its OK for them to do that because they're doing it for their family. They're making merit when providing for the family.

Go boil your head you stupid neive woman. And if you want to know next weeks lottery numbers just send me 250,000 baht and il guarantee youll win 2,00000 baht jing jing

These bar girls offer a service, if you want for short time or 24/7. Whose fault is it, when men stop thinking with their brain and use their penis?

These men are naive if they believe they love them too much. There're always two sides of the coin. People who <deleted> and those who get <deleted>.

Thai double moral and hypocrisy in perfection - a foreigner scams a Thai woman out of a pityful sum of 20,30 or 60, perhaps even 100 or 200k and is handled like Pedro Lopez (Monster of the Andes), while a foreigner appearing at a police station trying to file a suit against his Thai girlfriend who scammed a whole house, land, car, you name it out of him is laughed at... Sick and tired of this!

Interestung to see how Thais behave once they get to taste a bit of their very own medicine...

How and why Nigerians get visas here is amazing. One thing my wife pointed out is there aren't many around Pattaya/Jontien. I noticed tons around soi 4 in Bkk tho.

very few on soi 4, i think you mean 3/5/7/9 ?

These tricks and mind games have been played on farang guys by Thai Girls for decades about time roles were reversed shame that they are prosecuted because they are non Tgai

Any farang dumb and naive enough to get scammed by a Thai girl deserves to lose everything

"The woman also mailed her a photo of the parcel and told her that she needed to pay Bt160,000 for customs clearance. She transferred the money to her and found out later that she was deceived."

What did she think was in the parcel?

That is a fairly significant chunk of change to cough up for a gift parcel.

My guess, 'Kelvin David's' used underwear, skidmarks and all...

How about these 10,000 PLUS of Thai women and their countless scams against farangs?

How come we never see them at police station with the farang victims pointing their fingers?

Och well i get it its simply a matter of priorities!

Only people in Thailand that have tried to scam me have been other Farangs.

you see how police work when it is a thai women..............! now what happened to the thousand and thousand of men scammed by thai women, on line , at home, by friends from her, her family, by police friends etc etc..etc..!

come on man give us a break.....we are too old for that s.h.i.twai2.gif

Has she never heard of Skype or other apps that would have shown the scammer for his real colour?

These Nigerian and Ghana scammers operate worldwide. Just as many people get sucked in elsewhere.

Desperation makes it easy to believe.