Traffic light offence - How would you react?

Last week we drove from the far north to Ratchaburi. At the entrance to the tollway just outside Bangkok, we were puller over by a Policeman.

He stated we were in the wrong line to pay toll and the fine would be 1,000 Baht to be paid in cash. Alternatively, we could get a citation from his book. He would then keep my driver's license until I had proceeded to the police station where we would get a date to appear in front of a judge. Mininum delay would be about 2 months. After I had appeared in front of the judge and been officially fined, I could make an application at his police station to get back my driver's license.

My wife was really lissed off at him. She got out of the car, took him about 20 meters away, said something to him. Moments later the policeman returned my license and waved us to leave.

I only found out later that she had slipped him 200B and had said something to him about having the whole thing on video.

Edited by Rotweiler

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just today drove back from Khao Yai and at the police stop before coming down the hill towards Kabinburi on 304, the dilapidated pickup in front of me handed out a nice watermelon; when alongside the cop I wound down the window and asked in Thai could I have a slice; I have a knife you can cut it for me. He asked me where I was going, I said Chonburi; so he said "buy yourself one on the way".

Offer the bib 200 & everyone's a winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd be a great winner if the bib then charged you for bribing a policeman. Far worse charge than any traffic offence.

Offer the bib 200 & everyone's a winner

You'd be a great winner if the bib then charged you for bribing a policeman. Far worse charge than any traffic offence.

Never going to happen. Ever.