What Fuel for Honda Forza?

91 should be fine. If you feel like you want to give it a little extra zip you could try 95 and see if you notice a difference.

95 won't give you any more "zip", that is a very common and wrong belief. 95 is designed for a high performance engines to prevent pre-ignition and engine knock. Hi performance (read high compression) engines give more power because of the engine design and not because of the fuel they use.

Use what the manufacturer recommends and as someone else mentioned, it should be on a sticker on the fuel tank, if not, check the manual.

Using 95 if it only needs 91 will not harm anything but will not make anything better and will not give any extra performance.

The only "extra" you would notice is the extra money leaving your wallet at each fill. ;)

Forza is 91, I have one. However 95 seems to "last " longer

One possible explanation to your case is that your bike is still pinging a little with 91 and the ECU slightly retards the timing, where with 95 with the absence of pinging the engine might run more efficient with a little increase in power, which translates to a slightly better mpg.

91 should be fine. If you feel like you want to give it a little extra zip you could try 95 and see if you notice a difference.

95 won't give you any more "zip", that is a very common and wrong belief. 95 is designed for a high performance engines to prevent pre-ignition and engine knock. Hi performance (read high compression) engines give more power because of the engine design and not because of the fuel they use.

91 octane contains 10% ethanol.

Ethanol has less energy density than gasoline.

Hence 95 octane gasoline will increase performance and fuel economy vs. the green stuff.

"pre-ignition and engine knock"

Pre-ignition is the same thing as engine knock

AKA pinging.

Tends to blow holes in pistons.

91 octane contains 10% ethanol.

Ethanol has less energy density than gasoline.

Hence 95 octane gasoline will increase performance and fuel economy vs. the green stuff.

"pre-ignition and engine knock"

Pre-ignition is the same thing as engine knock

AKA pinging.

Tends to blow holes in pistons.

If you compare 95 benzene to 91 gasohol then you're correct. I was only comparing the octane ratings and not green stuff content, so 91 gasohol vs 95 gasohol.

When someone says pre-ignition or engine knock, they mean the same thing but technically the later is the effect and a former is a cause. Yup, in extreme cases it will bend the rods and punch holes.

I checked it with my PCX 150: All gasohol 95 compared to 91 costs more, mileage is the same. E20 is cheaper, but efficiency goes down, so basically it leads to the same Baht/km ratio like 91. I am running 91 gasohol now, and the engine is very happy.

Just use anything at the fuel pumps except E85, which is rare anyway, or Diesel.

Gasohol 91 or E20 will be the cheapest.

They all run the same, thanks to the ECU control of the engine, you will not notice any difference if the bike is running correctly.

Edited by technologybytes

I checked it with my PCX 150: All gasohol 95 compared to 91 costs more, mileage is the same. E20 is cheaper, but efficiency goes down, so basically it leads to the same Baht/km ratio like 91. I am running 91 gasohol now, and the engine is very happy.

Yep I agree with you there. My PCX150 runs so well on 91 gasahol I wouldn't even try anything else. BTW great little scoots aren't they.

• 4 months later...

I like my Forza but I do miss the PCX 150

Why I have to ask ? I keep thinking pf moving up to a Forza.

I'm not so sure a Forza is a move up from a PCX. My opinion is that scoots are about town riding, parking, traffic etc. I feel happy getting 110km/h cruising on some bigger roads too.

Maybe if you ADD a Forza to your Garage - picture it now, left to right you have PCX, Forza, Toyota Yaris, Camry, then maybe a Lexus, a BMW and a nice Jaguar. Something for every occasion.

I had a GSX-R before, nice for a 50km trip to Ayuthaya every now and then, but that only happened 3-4 times a year and it's more comfortable in the car on the motorway (which bigger bikes can't use). I miss the ability to twist and go when I'm doing 90km/h, or to be able to pull out from a standstill and get up to 110km/h in 4-5 seconds, but after a week I'm finding it quite quick enough. No upgrade needed there.

Forza pushes top speed from 70 to about 90, so it's still not too fast (but better if you're running a regular fast highway)... but it's certainly hungrier for space. I'm sure I couldn't park one at Seacon Square bike park (My GSX always ended up on the footpath, but my PCX can fit under the bridge).

Bigger ain't always better unless the wheels also get bigger.

Considering the price of a GSX, it's hardly surprising that the brakes are totally different (softer on the PCX, as yet unable to lock up either wheel in the dry, but good enough once your brain speed/braking map gets used to them).

Overall rigidity isn't so much a problem as sensitivity. The steering is much quicker (takes a lot better balance to ride this thing at a fast walking pace, and impossible to ride as slowly as the GSX without losing balance).

Manual to automatic control is a bit of a pig too - you lose control as the clutch lets go at slow speeds, so feet go down. The GSX was easy to crawl in a flood with no danger of needing a foot to steady her until a second or two AFTER stopping.

Nah - PCX is perfect for what it does. Virtually no fuel costs (200 baht top up after the first 320 km is laughable) and comfortable at 70mph. Remember, speeds over 55 require exponential increases in power and pull in much stronger winds. Forza brings your Litre down from over 40km to just 27km too, quite a heavy sipper for a scooter.

Now let's do a survey for how easy it is to get spare parts for a PCX against a Forza, and look at the premium you'll pay for a bike that's outside the curve.

In Thailand, also, going over 150cc brings further heavy penalties. Real world (US prices) increase over PCX for the Forza is about 60% (i.e. if PCX costs 80k, forza should cost 128,000... but in Thailand, it's over 32k more than that.

At US prices, I wouldn't be much interested in a PCX to be honest... but we get a $1000 discount here, makes it hard to beat.

Anything over that, it'd be a real bike or a car for me.