Best hotel breakfast buffet

stament

Need a lateish (11am) English breakfast for Christmas Day as we are not having lunch and then having an early dinner. Just wondering if everyone will be in Christmas mode so not serving breakfasts that late. I am talking non hotels too. Was thinking of going to Gekko or Lanna Car Rentals

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really must question anyone who argues Grandview Lunch buffet is not good value. Not even 200 stinkin' baht for unlimited, reasonably prepared, from various continents with ample animal proteins, high density carbohydrates, vegies and fruits, raw leaves and fish, free drinks (excluding beer), real (not plastic) eating utensils, cloth nappies (aka serviettes), NO SMOKING INSIDE, etc, etc. I can grant you that no buffet offers the very best quality food but for gut filling value i've yet to find anywhere in CM coming close to Grandview.

For vegetarians, go to Chun Khun buffet for lunch. Located in old CM Cultural Center, south of moat. Also very good value, as above but no meat. Maybe eggs and tofu dishes. Nice variety and less gut-busting than GV hotel.

I agree with the above and eat at the GV once weekly with 2 mates of mine. When we reserve we also ask whether there are "tour bus" visitors that day. If so, then we chose an alternate date. Certain "bus tour groups" etiquette is very poor (unless they are Japanese) and makes a shambles of both the food platters and the general ambience.

I really must question anyone who argues Grandview Lunch buffet is not good value. Not even 200 stinkin' baht for unlimited, reasonably prepared, from various continents with ample animal proteins, high density carbohydrates, vegies and fruits, raw leaves and fish, free drinks (excluding beer), real (not plastic) eating utensils, cloth nappies (aka serviettes), NO SMOKING INSIDE, etc, etc. I can grant you that no buffet offers the very best quality food but for gut filling value i've yet to find anywhere in CM coming close to Grandview.

For vegetarians, go to Chun Khun buffet for lunch. Located in old CM Cultural Center, south of moat. Also very good value, as above but no meat. Maybe eggs and tofu dishes. Nice variety and less gut-busting than GV hotel.

I agree with the above and eat at the GV once weekly with 2 mates of mine. When we reserve we also ask whether there are "tour bus" visitors that day. If so, then we chose an alternate date. Certain "bus tour groups" etiquette is very poor (unless they are Japanese) and makes a shambles of both the food platters and the general ambience.

Been a while since I was there. Used to go every once in a while. Found the selection of food to be limited and when they ran out they were quite slow at replenishing it. Have they changed. Been two years now.

Was unaware they did a breakfast. That might be better. Is the ham baked or just sliced packaged ham? Is the bacon crisp or half cooked? Used to go to one back home that included Eggs Benedict. Now that is some thing I would love to find even ala carte. found a few but not very happy with them.

Going to have to try the Imperial Mi Ping. Tried them once for lunch they were to crowded. Maybe best to try them in the off season. The Empress is not what it used to be. The Holiday Inn I found to be OK but I didn't go that often and found them to be inconsistent. Maybe that was just me. The La Meridian kept changing once even ala carte. Never did find any of the changes that great.

Now I try to stay away from them with the exception of the twice a month ex pat breakfast buffet at the river market. Crisp bacon baked ham North American style sausages. A mystery dish which I find always good. Also the hot cakes and fruit with the mandatory rice dish.